Gokhan Tore confirmed, season long loan

2»

Comments

• I would go as far as to say we need at least one more to compete for one of the two/three AM positions.
  • edited July 2016
    So, some great news to share about the pronunciation of our new signing's name.

I was watching some highlights of Tore and the commentator seemed to be saying his first name like "Jerkin", which got me slightly worried about the likely songs. But I just looked it up on a pronunciation website. And it sounds more like "yer-can ter-ray", where his first name sounds rather like "you can".

So, my song for Tore, to the tune of U Can't Touch This (just the bit with these words) by none less than MC Hammer (you see why I got so excited now - well you don't, but there it is - it's pundemonium...):

Der der der der (pause - you can sniff twice on the off-beat if you like) derrr der Gohkan Tore (repeat ad nauseam)

Bit tricky rhythmically to chant, but, as compensation, there are not many words to remember.

Anyone with better (i.e. some) Turkish pronunciation knowledge gonna rob us of this chant?
  • Been 2 years in the making this... Let's hope he's worth it!

Heard a lot about him being a live wire off the field... But also said the one man that seemed to keep him focused and get the best from him, was our dad Slav...
  • If we assume that Bacca is coming to replace sakho we have currently

Adrian
    Antonio Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
    Noble Kouyate
    Feghouli Payet Lanzini
    Bacca (or new CF)

Randolph
    Byram Collins Burke Page
    Obiang Oxford Nordveit
    Tore Carroll Samuelson

Don't think our squad is in need of much else

Heard we've been linked with Rico Henry who's a talented young LB and still linked with that Pied the RB from France
  • Moore, it's like Gur-can
  • Yedder ;pray
  • Cheddar ;pray
  • If we assume that Bacca is coming to replace sakho we have currently

Adrian
    Antonio Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
    Noble Kouyate
    Feghouli Payet Lanzini
    Bacca (or new CF)

Randolph
    Byram Collins Burke Page
    Obiang Oxford Nordveit
    Tore Carroll Samuelson

Don't think our squad is in need of much else

Heard we've been linked with Rico Henry who's a talented young LB and still linked with that Pied the RB from France

Don't think Samuelson is ready he had one great game against West Brom for Peterborough then barely made the first 11 for several games after. Needs another season on loan to a Champo team imo where he will build a bit more physical strength and get some high tempo game time.

If Valencia leaves I would like to see another Striker / AM type player come in. Also need a back up left back.
  • Very much agre about Samulson Yeold. A mate who is a Posh season ticket holder speaks highly of the lad and is behaviour both on and off the pitch, but he's not ready for the premiership.
  • i told you homeboy, u cant touch this
  • edited July 2016
    Terry Westley said after that West Brom game (Feb 2016)
    We've set him targets with his loan and he comes back to us on his day off to discuss what he's doing, and he will come back to us and challenge for a place in the first-team next season.'
    Of course, he might not secure a place in it... or even they could have had a change of plan subsequent to that interview. But still, it seems there's a chance he'll be in and around the 1st team now. Cup games, Europe etc.

I was in the 'loan out to Champo club' camp until I saw that.
  • Good signing, look forward to seeing him playing for us ;ok
  • C&B ;ok Tore, Antonio, Feghouli, Payet and Lanzini as our AM options ;wahoo
  • Welcome C&B4life ;ok
  • I see that he has been left off the new (January) squad list.

I think that is officially that.
  • He's injured for the rest of the season so you wouldn't put him on the roster, but I would be surprised if we ever see him again.
  • IronHerb said:

I would be surprised if we ever see him again.

;nonono

Wh-wh-what are you gonna do to him, IH?
  • Never you mind.........Mwa ha ha!
  • The best way for him to never be seen again would be to become the football reporter on London Live.

No one watches that
  • I recommend reading this thread from the beginning again. What a difference six months make!
  • Was just thinking that
  • Have a feeling this deal is gonna be a great one.. Cult hero to be.... ;ok

Not one of my finest moments ;doh
  • jay

No way of knowing what might have happened if he hadn't got injured. Slav was v. keen to sign him, so he must have thought he had something.
  • He just never seemed fit

I was excited about him because of his pace and explosivness, but he seemed overweight from the start and the injury happened

I thought he could've been a huge asset but thoroughly let down
  • So in terms of signings which have "not gone to plan" where does he rank amongst Benni, Savio, Zaza, etc?

An early post in this thread seems to have quoted Jack as saying a "large" loan fee was involved
  • Hard to say as he got a season long injury so only had a handful of games

Deffo better than Savio and Benni

Worse than Zaza who at least tried (poorly albeit)
  • A friend of mine who is a Besiktas fan, said that at the time, that it would probably take Tore a few months to fully settle into the Premier League. Unfortunately we will never know.