Will we finish above ManU/Saints? (Where will we finish?)

I can't see us getting in to top 4
Man c on fire
We scored more goals then Man U
But let few more in
We should finish above them , but will we ?

Comments

• If we can get a point vs leicester then we could

I still look st the United team and except from De Gea or Martial there isn't really anyone I would take from them

Problem we have now is we need to make sure our heads don't drop....which could very well happen and we need to utilise our squad as we've looked a little ragged and slow atm

But yea I still feel we can if Bilic gets his team right
  • What position do people think finishing above Manchester United will achieve?
  • Pride for start
  • No.

Champo, I would take Smalling and Rashford as well as Martial and De Gea. And their right back looked pretty useful the other night.

Think they'll finish fifth, and I think Liverpool will probably nick sixth.
  • Think city have top 4 wrapped up so 5th finish

Would be great to finish 5th and with 5 games to play we can't just stop applying pressure to arsenal and city, 2 teams who've shown they aren't elite a couple times already this season
  • Man U was sum sort of bench mark to teach
  • We have Watford, WBA and Swansea after tomorrow. We cold easily grab 9 points from those 3.

Plenty to play for.
  • I say "was" but to finish above them
    ;biggrin
    Would you like to finish below them ;clown
  • Yes we will home game against them will ensure it ;ok
  • Tough to get but at this stage of the season its about who can put a small cluster of wins together (which I believe we can). Would be great to to see us finish above MUFC though!. I'd love to finish in the top 6 and have a proper crack at the europa next season; which would be easier because we wouldnt have to do all the preliminary rounds like this year + our squad is in much better shape to handle it also.
  • Yes, purely because we play them.
  • We can finish above them. Which shows how good a season we've had.

If you said at the start of the season, Top 8 and a fa cup quarter final you'd take that?
  • depends on the Refs
  • And on us protecting our lead properly once we have it
  • It not given them a 2 goal head start.
  • We have some very winnable games ahead (which obviously means LOSSES ;lol ) - the fact that we also have to still play Man U at home would suggest there is still plenty to play for.

Win our last five and we finish above them - not at all a bad position to be in
  • You may want to change the title of this thread to "will we finish above Liverpool and Southampton".

Liverpool will go ahead of us if they win their game in hand.

We need to finish strong or we could easily finish 8th or 9th which would be a huge disappointment imo.
  • 100% agree KHA. Said after the Palace game that our season could unravel and end in disappointment.

I know it's all relative, but anything below sixth will disappoint me given how this season has panned out.

Watford, WBA and Swansea are must wins for me if we want to secure sixth
  • I'd be upset with anything lower than 6th.

But.

This season has been one hell of a ride.

;wahoo
  • You may want to change the title of this thread to "will we finish above Liverpool and Southampton".

Liverpool will go ahead of us if they win their game in hand.

We need to finish strong or we could easily finish 8th or 9th which would be a huge disappointment imo.

Indeed what ever ;biggrin
    My bigest fear was going down and moving to the Olympic

But.

;wahoo

A hell of a ride which could end with a blown gasket and smoke billowing if we're not careful.
  • 9th isn't a worry for us..... we have 7 points over Stoke out of a possible 15 left to play, lose our next 2 and we'll still be above them and likewise we have a game in hand over the saints sp if we lose 1 we'll still be ahead

Our recent dip in form has been draws to Leicester (1st), Arsenal (3rd), Chelsea (ex champions) and Palace. We haven't lost any of those games, and chelsea we should've had 3, likewise Leicester and had kouyate not got a bad red maybe palace

Our next 3 games are very very winnable. Home to Watford who have a semi final to worry about, away to West Brom who won't have much to play for and home to swansea who should be safe, 7 points out of 9 and we are well back in fight for 5th

Atm we are 3 points behind United with a game in hand and a superior GD so if we can match their results till the last game and beat them we finish above them.

Liverpool (unfortunately) seem to be hitting form at the right time but everytime they build up pace they lose a couple so can see them dropping points especially if the europa league catches up to them in the next few games

We do need to change things up a little if we are gonna finish 5th though

1.) Play a RB at RB. I like Antonio and feel behind payet he's our most effective attacker but he's been far too exposed and it's been hard for him. Tomkins is a lot more defensive and narrows the gaps and Byram offers a lot of energy and running. One of these NEEDS to play as we'll have a better defensive shape and would free up Antonio to cause havoc

2.) Carroll needs to play. Emenike just doesn't cut it, he moves well sometime but offers no penetration up front whereas carroll, even on his poorer days, can occupy the CB's and with 8 goals in the premier league (only 8 starts too) he's our top striker. Having Byram/Antonio in the right hand side would also help give him service with 2 wide players unlike lanzini who cuts in when he's on the right hand side

3.) Ginge needs to come back. Since he's gone we've let in a shed load of goals and think having 2 CBs who like being on the ball in Ogbonna and Reid isn't quite working. You need one of those and one no nonsense guys like collins.

5th is more than achievable, lots to play for us still

But.

;wahoo

A hell of a ride which could end with a blown gasket and smoke billowing if we're not careful.
    Just like my driving ;lol
  • Agree with much of above - below 6th would be extremely disappointing
  • We can still do it, I have wondered for a while if MUFC would end up being the one team which for some reason we couldn't manage to overcome I hope that doesn't happen.

Its been a crazy season.....the good news is we're scoring nearly every game, have a match winner in Payet and Carroll has got back his fitness.

We've been a bit naive and dropped silly points/goals and had a disproportionate amount of decisions go against us.

We've learned a lot this season, if we can just find that winning mentality when needed then I see no reason with a couple of additions we can do as well next season if not better.

I've loved it, terrific entertainment (which pretty much everyone wanted) just that the ref mistakes have taken the edge off it.
    We have a manager who is growing, yes he's made dome dodgy selections in hindsight but he does know how to change a game when required.

coyi