Full confidence in our professional refs

edited April 2016 in Football Chatter
With this in mind which error will cost us in the next 4 games:

1. A clear penalty not being given
2. A foul outside the box being given as a penalty against us
3. A clear dive being given as a penalty against us
4. A sending off the should not have been against us
5. A foul against us which is a clear 2nd yellow/sending off not given.
6. A a goal standing that should have been disallowed against us.
7. An opposition centre back bringing a high powered assault weapon onto the pitch and the ref allowing its use?

Feel free to pick one per game as a sort of predictor league.

Comments

• btw I am going for option 7
  • Next Saturday against Arsenal;

3. A clear dive being given as a penalty against us; Payet is sent off and Ozil scores.
  • I fully expect Payet to be sent off against Arsenal simply to nullify his threat in the cup. Probably going to be a farcial second yellow so we can't fight the decision.
    Options 1 and 2 have been so commonplace in our games recently so it will probably continue.
  • I'm going for option 4 - a sending off for the sake of it so that the ref gets all the limelight.
  • All seven, just to make sure.
  • I'm fairly confident we'll concede a penalty against United. For handball, I reckon.

Given when Carroll wins a header on halfway.
  • edited April 2016
    I read that wrong.
    We need 8. Goal disallowed that should have been given.
  • good addition forgot that one Moojor
  • That's what I'm going for btw.

Goal disallowed for offside, in which no one was offside.
  • edited April 2016
    If Emineke or Valencia are playing then it will have been offside ;biggrin
  • Rooney will trip over his bootlace on the halfway line, do a dive and a roll and be awarded a penalty as Noble sees Red.
  • I think you ought to take a look at this as an example of refereeing

If it had happened in South America he would have been burger filling before the day was out. ;biggrin
  • That is shocking.
  • Can't see the video in Greece, but if time was up then why shouldn't the ref blow?

Separately, at least our kids can get a pen...
  • Grey I've seen it and the ref blows just before the ball goes in the goal.

It's just not the norm and not cricket mate.
  • Harry Kane, pen, save, rebound, score....

If you are the team scored against, 'cos the ref lets it go on to Fergie time, you feel miffed, don't you?

I know many did, in the scenario I allude to.
  • Clive Thomas did it at the World Cup
  • Clive Thomas is the closest I've seen to that FL clip and there was uproar when he did it.

How many other times have you seen a ref do that when the ball is in the penalty area like that.....

Barely any and that's why it's a rubbish thing to do.

If he lets the goal stand and blows up after the kick off.....who complains, virtually nobody.

IMO
  • edited April 2016
    Slizzy

But I don't think there is anything in the rules that says a ref has to let an action complete past the time he thinks the game should end. The game is over when he decides it is, not when he thinks people won't mind.

It's clearly statistically very rare, but it would be more surprising if it didn't happen every now and again, imo.
  • shh Grey they may do this at the weekend to us, not in my list ;whome
  • What have I done? ;nonono ;weep
  • Its wrong imo. It's statistically very rare for a reason.

I'm just surprised Mark Clattenburg wasn't the ref.

#ItsAllAboutYouMarkClattenburg
  • Slizzy

Don't see it as 'wrong'.

Be honest, how often have you shouted at the telly/live game (and I paraphrase to keep within site rules)

'We've had the time added on, why are we still playing, Mr Referee?'

Someone is always going to want the game to go on, and someone is always going to want it to finish.

I'd assume refs decide that they will blow up when the watch shows a specific time, and that's what they do.
  • maybe its not a rule but most refs have enough commonb sense to blow up when the ball is out of play or in the middle of park to avoid drama... i think we all know we would be absolutely fuming if that happened to us!
  • edited April 2016
    ... and when it doesn't happen to us. (Harry Kane pen, saved, many expressed the view at the time that as the time added on was already up, the ref should have blown then after the save, but he didn't and Kane scored the rebound. )

A Man with a dirty weapon ,,,has no friends
    ;biggrin
  • edited April 2016
    I think penalties are a different matter. The game is extended to complete the penalty, but once it has been saved, isn't the penalty completed? So it should be more clear cut.

As usual, I think the problem here is consistency. I think it's a bit of a convention to allow an attack to be completed so if it's not going to be applied consistently then they should make sure the game finishes on 90 mins. Rules say its at discretion of referee at the moment.
  • edited April 2016
    Kouyates red card has been rescinded according to @westhamtransfer ;wahoo

Edit - and on official twitter ;wahoo