No TARGETS, is this the reason why we are performing so well?

Its really hard to envisage that Slaven hasn't set any targets, yet the squad is performing week in week out and I believe we now hold the longest undefeated run in the league.

Does not having targets to play towards release or lower the stress levels?

Should we have a target but how would this impact on our performances and results?

What are your views on this, its certainly bizarre, isn't it?

Comments

• ;hmm I just hope we don't go the
    same way as leicester,
    seem to have gone .... Get to 40 pts and sack it.
  • Where do you get the 'no targets' from, MJ?

I'd be enormously surprised if he hadn't targeted getting to 40 points...
  • It was in a Cresswell interview on the OS Grey.
  • Ongoing 3 points from the next game is target enough for me
  • edited January 2016

“The gaffer has not sat us down and said this is the targets he wants us to achieve this season. We have not looked at that. “We are just taking it game by game and seeing how many points we can pick up every week.
    Doesn't mean there isn't a target.

Also doesn't mean that players don't have individual performance targets, as distinct from a 'league position' target.
  • Real reason we won't slow down imo is competition for places

Last season our first XI was strong with the 4-4-2 diamond Adrian, Jenks, Reid, Tomkins, Cresswell, Song, kouyate, noble, downing, sakho and valencia

When song and downings form dropped who was there to come in, Nolan? Who else. This year everyone is under threat we've added to every position over the summer and no one is safe so if one player doesn't want to put in effort there is someone in the wings raring to go just look how hungry Antonio and Valencia have been the last few games because they know lanzini, payet and Moses are back soon
  • This makes sense now, I initially thought you meant transfer targets ;doh