Best performance of the season so far?

So we have beaten the champions, won away at City and Arsenal and done the double over Liverpool.

Also many other good performances, but which do you think was the best so far?

I was trying to decide and couldn't.. Hence my question..

Comments

• Difficult.

I do think the Arsenal result is up there.

To have a 16-year old as a DM, a CB at RB, Zarate playing when he was an outcast last season, and to put in a complete performance against the current title favourites (who have only lost at home to us).

Plus, it was SB's first game.
  • Yep Ars was certainly up there, I found the Chelsea game more enjoyable but that also had to do with Jose antics. Beating City away.

The one game that we had our backsides handed to us was against Spurs, this is the rematch I am looking forward to the most...
  • For me, so far it's the away win on the first day of the season at Arsenal.

• So many good performances. Liverpool away sticks out for me, we were so dominant
  • Defensively, against city, particularly the 2nd half. They could have attacked for another 45 minutes and still come away with nothing.
  • Liverpool away for me. To be so comfortable against a team who traditionally trash us at Anfield. And it gave us a sighter of what was to come
  • Liverpool away probably. But strangely the most joy I felt was beating palace away.
  • Hamstew said:

Liverpool away probably. But strangely the most joy I felt was beating palace away.

It's the mates thing.

I've got Palace mates but only know one Liverpool fan at work.

Getting one over your mates team is just great.

Which is why I loved the Arsenal game sooooo much.
  • Which is why beating Spurs means so much to me too.
  • Best result:- 3-0 Vs Liverpool (A)- Given the painful history.

Most Epic:- 2-1 vs Man city (A) - City were excellent 2nd half+we defended incredibly.

Best performance: 2-0 vs Arsenal (A)- AFC are normally excellent against teams outside the "elite", so to be that in control against them, at that stage of the season, was phenomenal.
  • Its probably something to do with my poor memory, but I'm going to go with yesterday. Still two or three players away from an 'on-paper' full-strength side, but from the first minute or two I didn't doubt that we would win.

I believe without hesitation that we made Liverpool look like a poor side, rather than them actually being as bad as they appeared.

• Best actual performance - in terms of how we played for the full 90 minutes - Newcastle at home

Finest achievement - Liverpool away without a shadow of a doubt
  • I wud say CP away yes I know we inly played 10 men for 60 min but even with 11 we were excellent cud hav been 2-0 3-0 up CP stuck 10 behind ball but we were disciplined worked last 2 goals well and never settled for a draw which wud have been acceptable also after great away wins early it wud have been easy to slip up ;ok