TV and Films

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Some new TV I have watched recently

- The Witcher (I liked it)
    - Lost in Space (a decent PG Sci-Fi)
    - Vikings season 6 - great as ever :)
    - The Expanse season 3
  • Picard comes out on Amazon Prime in 2 weeks - Excited and buzzing for it.
  • The Witcher is great. Glow is quite good also.
  • Liked Witcher once I got my head round the stories were in different time periods. Like the Expanse finished season 4 in 3 days
    Watching Lost in Space Season 2 at the moment
    3 more seasons of Peaky Blinders to catch up on
    Picard looks interesting Discovery was pretty decent a bit darker than normal Trek stuff hope its along those lines.

I need more time to watch all this stuff !
  • I am watching Ozark at the moment and it is very, very good
  • I enjoyed the first season of Ozark bit got bored of series 2. Might go back to it. The Boys is a good watch.
  • I haven’t finished 2 yet, but I’m enjoying it still
  • Just started back on Lilyhammer.I watched the first two series first time round but could never find the third until it popped up on Netflix.
    I’ve started from the beginning again ( the old memory not being what it was) and forgot how good it is.
    Stevie Van Zandt hamming it up is a sight to behold.
    Love it.
  • edited January 2020
    alderz said:

I am watching Ozark at the moment and it is very, very good

That is a great show :ok:

Waiting for season 3
  • Just watched Rebellion, season 1 covers the 2016 Easter uprising in Ireland and Season 2 covers the post war period leading up to the Irish Civil war of 1922.

IMO, a powerful and well produced docudrama,
  • Picard was very good
  • Is he in your FF team?
  • Chicago
    "Just watched Rebellion, season 1 covers the 2016 Easter uprising in Ireland"

It seems so much longer ago than just 4 years. ;) :biggrin:
  • Love Island
  • Watched "1917" at the Vue Westfield.

Like "The Revenant" with trenches but without the "Empire Strikes Back" moment.

Not worth an Oscar/BAFTA, etc.
  • Altered Carbon Season 2
  • Better call Saul new season finished altered carbon s2
  • There is a superb documentary about Jimmy Greaves on BT sport if you can get it.
    Highly recommended.
  • BT sport do some good documentaries , try finding Side by Side, about The United Ireland international rugby team union team.
  • Man in the High Castle was great until the end of the final episode.

Vikings a bit meh.

The Witcher was good but feel like they should've given more in the first season.
  • Love Vikings. Although last season hasn't grabbed me like the others did.
  • Yep. And with Game of Thrones finished I thought it might get a bit more shine but it's underwhelmed a little. Still a decent watch.
  • Further to my previous post the documentary about Irish rugby is Shoulder to shoulder :yercoat:
  • I’m not okay with this , is pretty good and it’s a quick watch most episodes only 25 min
  • Baghdad central was very good
  • "The English Game", a Netflix 6-part mini series about Darwen FC and the 1879 FA Cup.

Could be interesting...
  • I'm envious. Here it's a diet of incredibly simple-minded films, either end-to-end explosions or sickeningly mushy. I yearn for the intellectual stuff like Only Fools and Horses....
  • So you don't fancy watching 'Transformers meet Bridget Jones' then? :whistle:
  • I might, if Ms Jones gets blown up.... ;)
  • Sunderland till i die starts on Wednesday on Netflix. Loved the first one.