TV and Films

Comments

• Still think the Goonies and Forest Gump are the best!
  • im seeing Gladiator again :D they doing a massive outdoor screening near where i live in the Castle grounds ^_^
  • yeold,did you see that McGeady scored for Ireland? ;wahoo ;wink
  • yes ! MCGEADY
  • MrsG - get that. ;ok

Can see why a lot of people don't like Tarantino films. They are quite marmite. I think they're all masterpieces.

I just think focusing on the violence does it a disservice. His films are way more than that but I can see why many will just look at them and go 'blood and gore is all it is'.
  • Quite liked the Godzilla remake this year.
  • If you've not seen it yet I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was excellent.

I loved Breaking Bad and the Walking Dead

We've recently started to watch the American remake of House of Cards. Kevin Spacey is fantastic in it.
  • I think Kevin Spacey is fantastic full stop.

Saw him in Richard III - totally brilliant!
  • If you've not seen it yet Suze give it a go. It's on Netflix ;biggrin
  • Choosing a favourite film is hard depends on mood, loved the Blue Brothers as a kid like a good war movie Platoon/ bit of scifi Aliens /comedy Borat / foreign Old Boy Irreversible I could do a list as long as my arm / Kids film Toy Story / Star Wars not the prequels though !
  • Iron man and Avenger films plus the Christain Bale Batman Films ;ok for the Art films, Jean de Florrette and Manon des sources, french films, simple plot fantastic acting and deep characters.

One assumes that's the Shakespearean version of Richard III?
  • 1,Band of Brothers 10/10

2, sopranos 9.5/10

3, Ray Donavon 10/10
  • TV Shows:

Blacklist - Just finished season 2 in Belgium, fav TV show at the moment.

Entourage - One for the guys....

West Wing - Best TV show ever imo, the first 3 series brilliant writing.

TV Shows hyped still to see:

Walking dead / Breaking Bad / Suits / Orphan Black

Best Films:

GF 1&2 / Shawshank / Indian Jones 1&3 /
  • Mrs E always loved All creatures great and small
  • Strictly come dancing I hate it.

If I asked my wife to watch a football match she would go mad.

However when Strictly comes on she says why don't you come and watch it ?

An awful program that should have finished years ago. Now presented by a woman who is utterly useless .

I would like to see what would happen if the BBC put a football match on every Sunday night.All women would go mad .

Oh how life has changed ( for the worse ).
    Why is it that when I have the remote control I am watching "one of my stupid programmes" but when MrsCol has it I have to watch "something we both like"?

(ie rubbish like strictly)

;doh

One assumes that's the Shakespearean version of Richard III?
    Yes ;ok
  • I saw that. It was fandabbydozy ;thumbsup
  • Colchester - Totally agree about Strictly. Should be re-named Strictly Rubbish. Sadly, I am hooked on The Great British Bakeoff.

Big Bang Theory is one of my favs at the moment
  • Worse programme is Celebrity Big Brother i have to leave the room when my missus watches it as it winds me up , a bunch of z listers acting like 5 year olds for weeks on end !!
  • For me, you still can't beat Dads Army for best TV programme.
    Best Film, the Green Mile
  • edited September 2014
    Dad's Army...

Strange one. My dad sits there laughing his head off, whilst I'm like ;hmm

;lol

The Green Mile ;ok
  • Dad's Army...

Strange one. My dad sits there laughing his head off, whilst I'm like ;hmm

;lol

Me too.

And now I'll be ;sofa in case lgh is around.
  • True Detective for me - one of the best things i've seen. I agree that the characters are flawed, and they should not be likeable, but you end up interested in the characterisation because of the flaws - also the scenery, the post Katrina southern Gothic thingy (?) going on. (Plus Woody Harrelsons' very attractive girlfriend in episode 1).
    Then 'The Wire' - again , Flawed character in McNulty, and the incredible Bunk, shooting a mouse with his service revolver whilst drunk ;lol
  • Luke and Mrs Grey - afraid I may have to banish you both to the back of the sofa, Dad's Army was, and is, simply hilarious, the charactorisations and timing are brilliant.

Also wish to vote for anything that had Ronnie Barker in it,

"Ark ark ark ark arker arker arker"

"You'll never get that on the side of a van"

;lol
  • Open all Hours = Comedy gold
  • I am a bit strange and often go for acting performances rather than whether the film/series is good.

I loved Lilli Taylor's performance of Rose in Dogfight (even though the film wasn't that brilliant.

I enjoy just about anything with James Stewart

One of my favourite all time acting performances was a brilliant portrayal by Bob Hoskins of C S Lewis in the original BBC Production of Shadowlands. Hoskins was magnificent and Anthony Hopkins portrayal has always been second best for me. Typical BBC that I cannot get this on DVD

Another great performance for me was Janet Mcteer as Prue Sarn in the BBC production of Janet Webb's Precious Bane.
    Mcteer was simply wonderful in a great BBC film.
    Why this has never been released on DVD is a mystery to me.
    I love the book as well!

Other favourites of mine:

Malcolm in the Middle, Bagpuss (I have the DVD) and Mad Men.