TV and Films

Comments

• ;thumbsup Sherlock with BC and the guy who plays Dr Watson (and Bilbo Baggins, can't remember his name - he's in the TV Fargo too, I think?)
  • My favourite Disney / pixer etc films are nemo, toy story and how to train your dragon.
  • Iron duke - Tudors ;ok
    AKA - Master and Commander ;ok
    Sixth sense, Any Will Hay film
  • Mrs G

Martin Freeman.
  • Worzel Gummidge anyone?
  • Little Dorrit, Rome, Pillars of the Earth, Tommy Zoom
    My taste covers a huge range!
  • Is True Detective on Sky Atlantic?
    Think you can buy the box set for less than a tenner ;ok my mate just bought it, can find you the link if interested!
  • ;thumbsup Sherlock with BC and the guy who plays Dr Watson (and Bilbo Baggins, can't remember his name - he's in the TV Fargo too, I think?)
    Martin Freeman

• Thanks Twist, that is very nice of you.
  • Mrs G

Martin Freeman.
    That's the bunny ;thumbsup
  • Aka, heard about brad pitt too, will be interesting in second season what they do as the actors made it what it is IMO
  • If anyone missed Spooks when it was on some years back i'd recommend it on DVD-edge of the seat stuff
  • ;weep Same thing, Hants - started off watching it and enjoyed the first 5 or 6 episodes but then lost patience/interest. Maybe my mistake was trying to watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time instead of one per week - it's flaws are more obvious.

Last things I watched and was able to enjoy the whole thing was The Wire (all 5 series, but I did have to take a short break between 3 and 4 as it was a bit harrowing) and West Wing (I know, it's old, but I didn't get to see t 1st time round).
  • Oh we love The West Wing ;wahoo
  • Ooh ooh and the first ninja turtles film ;wahoo
  • ;lol From the sublime to the ridiculous ;wink
  • I love the original Smiley films with Alec Guiness. Thought they did a good job with the modern remake with Gary Oldman recently, though ;ok

#stillpreferthebooks
  • ;lol From the sublime to the ridiculous ;wink
    ;lol
  • I might wrap myself up tomorrow if I don't feel any better, lay on the setee and watch some old B&W movies...

Harvey is a particular favourite of mine.
  • I think the great thing with True Detective is that you're supposed to dislike both characters, because they have several flaws but, by the finale, you want the best for both of them, even though you shoudn't.

Some of the scenes. Loved the scene at the end of episode 3 just before they show you the first suspect walking through a field. Absolutely chilling.

Never rated McConaughey, but he is utterly brilliant in those 8 episodes.
  • Best movie ever: The Cook, the Thief.... (sex, violence and food!)
    Funniest Movie: Young Frankenstein (Mel Brookes and friends)
    Best TV show: Prisoner (Patrick McGoohan, not the wierdo remake)
    Best current TV show: Breathless (naughty gynecologists)
    Best music show: Later...with Jules Holland
  • Watched Ted again last night,
    Sherlock
    Dr Who
    Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Star Wars
    Anything by Pixar
    Alien
    8 out of 10 Cats
    And anything to do with illusion and magic.
  • And for some Old School,
    Scum
    Trap Door
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    Starsky and Hutch
    The Bill
  • Happy Birthday Hants. ;cake
  • the young ones
    bottom
    the new statesman
  • The Blues Brothers - my all time favorite film for so many reasons, the car chases, the humor and of course the music, what is there not to love.

My drive to work every day is over the junction where numerous police cars get written off and John Candy ends up in a truck.

TV - my DVD collection tells its own story, Inspectors Morse, Lewis and Endeavour, Poirot and George Gently, although Martin Shaws cockney accent is terrible.

Also have complete collections of Yes Minister and Ripping Yarns.

Am a big fan of Game of Thrones
  • On my recent visit, everyone was raving about Mrs Browns Boys - gave it a try but although there is humor in there, it really was not my cup of tea - do not consider myself a prude at all but it relies far to heavily on really vulgar language for my liking
  • Can't stand Mrs Brown.
  • Terrible show in my correct opinion ;ok