Transfer Deadline Day: The Final Reckoning

1235»

Comments

• Agent then tweets It's not West Ham, 100%.
    Yaya is a champion. The last place is not for him
  • He's having a laugh
    It's not Crystal Palace, 100%.
    Roy Hodgson said he doesn't know when his players' birthdays are (https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/379906/Player-s-birthdays-I-don-t-care-Roy-Hodgson-wades-into-Man-City-ace-Yaya-Toure-saga …)
    Can Yaya go there?
  • MrsGrey said:

Agent then tweets It's not West Ham, 100%.
    Yaya is a champion. The last place is not for him

So its not Spurs then :smile:
  • Big no to Toure for me

Quality when he has the ball at his feet but a complete passenger when he doesnt...and we already lack athletism in the midfield

Given the pace of the PL i really cant see him being of much use to anyone apart from as an impact sub
  • Olympiakos apparently.
  • I've just spotted this (re-posted by the Beeb)

On this day in 2005 Michael Owen passed a medical at Newcastle ahead of becoming the club's record signing.

13 years on, that £17m fee is STILL the NUFC transfer record...
    ;nonono
  • Josh Cullen on loan to Charlton
  • Reported by the Beeb (from today's presser.... Pellegrini on the Toure rumours:

"I spoke with Yaya because I know him as a person and a player, he is a very good player, but at the moment, we are doing our squad list, and that position is covered.

"I explained to Yaya why he cannot come here, we need the money for other positions. He wanted to stay at Manchester City, he had an offer from China but he wanted to stay in England. But unfortunately for us that position was covered by another player."
  • Would explain the sly dig from the agent to the club, which was totally unnecessary.

Basically we turned him down & his agent has a sense of bitterness about that.
  • Oh my heart bleeds for Yaya's agent, it really does. Let's club together and send him a cake for his birthday, poor man. ;cake
This discussion has been closed.