Transfer Deadline Day: The Final Reckoning

Comments

• You can still loan to champo clubs i believe till 31st August. Just no loans between prem clubs
  • Lukerz said:

So Snodgrass & Byram stay with us.

They can still go out on loan to non Prem teams or be sold/loaned abroad.
  • Lukerz said:

Poor Ginge. Surprised he didn't get a PL club, but he won't now be signing for anybody in the PL as the rules state the deadline today applies to free transfers too.

Is that right? He is a free agent so it wouldn't be a free transfer as such.
  • Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Wilshere
    Yarmolenko - Arnautovic - Anderson
    Hernandez

Adrian
    Zabaleta - Balbuena - Rice - Cresswell
    Sanchez - Obiang
    Antonio - Perez - Snodgrass
    Carroll

;hmm
  • IronHerb said:

Lukerz said:

Poor Ginge. Surprised he didn't get a PL club, but he won't now be signing for anybody in the PL as the rules state the deadline today applies to free transfers too.

Is that right? He is a free agent so it wouldn't be a free transfer as such.
    Yeah ;ok

It's a rule change to allow for no advantage.

Hence why Everton rushed the Bernard deal through. ;ok
  • Lukerz, is that the great spotted Carroll who has not been seen around here for a long time ;hmm
  • ;hmm whats all this about quina going to Watford is that a loan
  • guess it is a loan ,thanks steve ;ok
  • OCS

Was comparing Bernard and Anderson's career stats, and they are very similar in terms of goals and assists.
  • edited August 2018
    Not even a real whisper of having to sell anyone we didn't want to....

I really miss the fire sale headlines that used to accompany us every summer....

Expected some noise about Arnie but he seems to be really happy with us...
  • what I am most happy with is that we still have Arnie........... great window.
  • edited August 2018
    Quina to Watford undisclosed fee 4 year deal
  • Good luck to him. That's a great deal for him (assuming he'll get playing time in the 1st team).
  • Not happy with that

Thought he looked good the cameos ive seen plus how highly rated he is
  • Another very promising youngster who we've let go without giving him a chance in the first team, Oxford will be next. ;hmm
  • edited August 2018

Another very promising youngster who we've let go without giving him a chance in the first team, Oxford will be next. ;hmm

Do you think every one of our Academy players should, before the age of 18, be given a chance to play a PL game in the first team?

Or would you set any criteria/standards they have to meet before qualifying for that?
  • edited August 2018
    re Quina, Jacob Steinberg (Guradian journo and alleged WH fan) claims Quina wanted too much money to extend his contract. Club decided therefore to cash in now, rather than let him go for free next summer. The deal contains plus 10% sell-on fee plus potential £1m in add-ons
  • edited August 2018

Not happy with that

Thought he looked good the cameos ive seen plus how highly rated he is

But if he's judged not ready to play in the 1st team just yet (who would he get ahead of in the team sheet?), how long do you keep him (even assuming you CAN keep him)? And what do you do with him in the meantime - U23s, loan out.... maybe he doesn't want to? And meanwhile there's next year's crop pf Academy players coming through.
  • Thats not the point im making

It disappointing seeing a player whos highly rated both by ourselves and others leave for minimal fees that dont help at all

What to do with youth is always difficult I know but youd think that given the gap between us and Watford isnt huge something couldve been done

Personally I wouldve kept him with the u23s, tried to convicne him to stay or let him go for a free mext season and get compensation that probably isnt much less than the fee rumoured (£1mil)
  • Not transfer related, but Jamie Vardy has just been given a four-year contract extension. At 31, that's a big commitment on Leicester's part, given that once his pace goes, he has very little else to offer.
  • Champo ;ok

You imagine they tried all that. Maybe.

It's always possible that they wanted to do what was in his best interests.

Personally, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him with Watford's U23...
  • SSN panel (Don Goodman, Alan Smith and Ryan Mason) were asked who the bargains of the window were in their opinion. Goodman chose Moutinho of Wolves, but Smith and Mason chose Perez and Fredericks respectively.

Nice to see our business being appreciated by the wider community.
  • Is this the same Quina who was being scouted by Barcelona at the recent European Under 19's tournament where he played very well if several of the media outlets are to be believed?
  • yes it is Fortune ;ok
  • Did the 'several media outlets' say why Barcelona decided not to act further on the scouting reports?
  • MrsG,

No they didn't. Did you see anything?
  • No they didn’t because they were being fed stories by his agent* ;lol

*This may or may not be true.
  • I think you will find that his agent said Barca were interested and not Barca themselves.
  • Can’t belive Fulham signed a £20m dm after already snaring seri
This discussion has been closed.