End of Season Player Ratings (West Ham)

Comments

• How would you rate each of our squad (from 0-10) in terms of their overall performances throughout the season?
  • welove, I thought it deserved a thread of its own, rather than be lumped in the 'couldn't think what to do with it' thread ;ok

• Hart 3
    Not good enough especially given the reputation and wages he was on

Adrian 5
    The odd game he was brilliant, but he wasn't good enough for large parts of the season. Biggest area of concern with this team

DF
    Rice 8
    Fantastic even before you acknowledge his age. Can't ask for more and need to keep him at all costs

Ogbonna 8
    Best defender of the year. Part of a poor defence but seemed very good at centre of the back 3

Collins 6
    Some very good performances, but like Reid struggled for fitness without

Reid 5
    In juries aside he was pretty poor imo. Never looked very assuring which was weird as he's proven his class before

Cresswell 6
    Had a good swap to LCB, but was still imo a week link. Not good enough as a LB when we were at a back 4

Masuaku 6
    So important to this team, but he's maddeningly inconsistent. Offensively pretty good but position ally not good enough defensively, although getting better

Zabaleta 7
    Caught out a few times against quick opposition, but forever dependable and while i think can be upgraded he was key for the team

Byram 4
    Can't keep himself fit and isnt good enough when he is. Needs first team football elsewhere

MF
    Noble 7
    Not quite at his best this season but much better, espeically 2nd half of the season

Kouyate 5
    Feel this is a bit low but up until feb he was absolutely abysmal imo. Not good enough on the ball and never showed the energy we needed

Obiang 6
    Cant' really remember how he did early pre injury , but he did more than Kouyate and that spurs goal makes it worth it

Fernandes 5 (N/A)
    I like fernandes, but didn't play enough. Hope he can stay injury free, needs a loan perhaps

Lanzini 7
    I think he has struggled this season, but no shock for me our best iwns were often when this guy is on song. Only guy who can do what Arnie can

Mario 6
    I like him, but feel he needs to do a bit more in the final third. Would love to keep him on loan

ST
    Arnie 10
    What else can be said. Fantastic after a tough start

Carroll 5
    Too many injruies and baring the odd goal didn't think he did too much

Hernandez 6
    Got goals but his overall game is lacking. Hope he stays but cant see it

Evra, fonte and Hugill N/A

• Within the scale of our season, rather than what is actually a 10 or a 1, here goes

10: Arnie
    9:
    8: Rice, Zabaleta
    7: Ogbonna, Masuaku, Noble
    6: Mario, Adrian, Obiang, Collins, Cresswell, Hernandez, Mario
    5: Fernandes, Carroll, Kouyate
    4: Reid, Kouyate
    3: Byram
    2: Hart
    1:

I’ve forgotten anyone else, so read into that what you will
  • Antonio.
  • MrsGrey said:

Antonio.

So, I guess, read into that what you will!
  • And I scored Kouyate twice haha
  • Adrian 6
    Zabaleta 6
    Rice 7
    Ogbonna 7
    Cresswell 7
    Masuaku 6
    Noble 6
    Kouyate 5
    Mario 6
    Lanzini 6
    Arnautovic 8

Hart 3
    Collins 4
    Reid 4
    Byram 4
    Evra 4
    Obiang 5
    Fernandes 5
    Antonio 5
    Carroll 5
    Chicharito 7
    Hugill n/a
  • alderz said:

Within the scale of our season, rather than what is actually a 10 or a 1, here goes

9:
    1:

Using your scale system Alderz:

10:
    9: Arnie
    8: Ogbonna, Noble
    7: Zabaleta, Masuaku, Rice
    6: Mario, Adrian, Collins, Cresswell, Hernandez, Mario, Antonio
    5: Fernandes, Carroll
    4: Reid, Kouyate, Byram, Obiang
    3: Evra
    1:
  • Using your scale system Alderz:

10:
    8: Ogbonna,
    7: Zabaleta, Masuaku, Obiang, Hernandez
    6: Mario, Adrian, Collins, Cresswell, Antonio, Rice, Noble
    5: Carroll
    4: Reid, Kouyate,
    3: Hart, Byram
    2: Evra
    1:
  • Has anyone got figures for number of appearances, minutes played? Makes a difference. I reckon only Arnie, Ogbonna, Zab, Cresswell, Noble & Kouyate played most matches and therefore contributed most. The others may have done some good things, but not consistently. Injuries, suspensions and the GK situation meant that 13 of Fortune's list didn't feature in half the matches. I can't remember a worse season for lack of continuity in a West Ham squad. ;weep
  • edited May 2018
    alderz said:

Within the scale of our season, rather than what is actually a 10 or a 1, here goes

9:
    1:

Y'all missed Lanzini, but have Mario twice.
  • I think I meant Lanzini instead of one of those. I'll be honest, I was a bit tipsy when I did that
  • edited May 2018
    10:
    8: Rice
    7: Ogbonna, Masuaku, Zabaleta, Collins
    6: Noble, Mario, Adrian, Obiang, Cresswell, Hernandez, Lanzini,
    5: Antonio
    4: Reid, Fernandes, Carroll, Kouyate
    3: Byram,
    1: Evra

Hugill - ???
  • Drunk on stats, probably
  • Has anyone got figures for number of appearances, minutes played?

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/appearances

You can use the filters to limit data to West Ham and select 'minutes played' or 'appeaances'.
  • Drunk on stats, probably

Always
  • I got 19 in the first one and 18 in the second. Is that good or bad ;puzzled
  • ok, done that... and now i think we need two lists. One for those that played most of the games, the other for, um, the others. So...List one
    10:
    8: Ogbonna
    7: Noble
    6: Cresswell,Zabaleta
    5: Kouyate
    and List two (for the times they did play, divided by two because they only played half the time)
    4: Rice
    3.5: Masuaku, Collins, Adrian, Obiang, Mario, Hernandez, Lanzini,
    3: Fernandes
    2.5: Antonio
    2: Reid, Carroll (divided by three for obvious reasons)
    1.5: Byram, Hart
    1:
    less than 1: Evra
  • Masuaku - 27 out of 38 games.
    Rice - 26 out of 38 games.
  • Oh dear I've started a 'Justice for ... x,y,z' here. By all means get a computer and add on appropriate number of marks! Though I think minutes played is fairer than games, because sometimes they include a 5 minute substitute appearance, which is pretty meaningless.
  • edited May 2018

Though I think minutes played is fairer than games, because sometimes they include a 5 minute substitute appearance, which is pretty meaningless.

Not really a justice for anybody.. but just pointing out if you are going for a more sophisticated player rating than has been done so far, based on how much they played, you might want to be aware of how much they played ;ok

If 'minutes' is your thing, for example, you'll find that Joe Hart and Adrian played the same (according to WhoScored, cheers Aslef ;ok ) while Reid played more than Rice.

I'm not really bothered about player ratings tbh.