West Ham vs Stoke City (H) Match Thread 16.04.2018

Comments

• edited April 2018
    We win this and WBA can't catch us ;lol

It's a must win ;wahoo

No... seriously it is!!! ;sofa

I really mean this ;pray
  • We win this and I think we are safe for the season.
  • Mooj ;ok

Which is why I worry. I think it’s imperative we don’t lose the game. A draw wouldn’t excite anyone but it is important we get at least a point. I think that would mean we’d stagger over the line.

But a victory and I think that’s job done with only 4/5 games left depending on which club.
  • Just seen too that a win this evening and stoke would have to win all four of their remaining games to finish above us. With us losing all 5 of ours, given the GD. They would be 11 points adrift with 12 to play for gate tonight. Massive chance.

But it won’t be easy. Can see it being cagey and scrappy.
  • Stoke have only won one away game this season so you know what that means !
  • edited April 2018
    It's almost impossible to say how this game might go.

Does the WBA win at Old Trafford give Stoke extra impetus or put more pressure on them?

Will they come out all guns blazing to try and silence the crowd, or play it cagey and look to hit us on the break?

For me, we just need to avoid one of our defensive meltdown games. They find it very hard to score goals, and as long as we don't give anything stupid away, we should be OK.

As Lukerz says, anything but a loss does for us, nothing but a win does for them.
  • 3-0 keep the faith 14/1
  • Lawro gave us a 2-0 win

The bookies are giving almost the same odds for a 1-1 draw or us winning 1-0

1-1 draw it is then......
  • Nervous, this really is a massive game

Win we're safe, lose we are in trouble seeing the fixtures and confidence level, draw not great after the weekend fixtures..

I'm really nervous I hope the crowd is in full voice.
  • I am going to having a few pre match beers to calm my nerves

Beer the answer and cause of all lifes problems :- Homer Simpson
  • Me too PLF.
  • Pearce alcohol is not the answer to problems but then neither is water.
  • What better time to win consecutive home matches for the first time.
  • I just think Arnie will be on fire tonight for this one
  • Cuz1 said:

I just think Arnie will be on fire tonight for this one

That'll be another one out for the season then ;doh
  • or he'll get sent off somehow....

For me this is a must win imo as it's our most winnable game. Wouldn't be satisfied with a draw especially as winning this effectively guarantees us safety

Agree with Grey though have to keep it tight Stoke may be fired up after last night, can't afford any defensive lapses

2-0, goals from Arnie and Javier
  • got 25/1 on us winning 2-0 with Arnie first scorer. ;wahoo
  • 4-0

Arnie, Noble (penalty), Kouyate and a late goal from CARRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOLLLLLLL. ;ac

coyi

;goal

;wahoo
  • 3 points and safety?
    1 point and shakey?
    0 points and salty?
  • Champo

It's not that I'd be satisfied with a draw, so much as I wouldn't be gutted, which I would be if we lost.

I think it is important that we at least keep our advantage over Stoke, which is 7 points (=8 on GD) and would be at 7 over Soton with a draw.

I'm hoping we'll play a controlled game, rather than go all out nuts and then find we've given them a 2 goal start...
  • At least Charlie Adam won't be there to kick lumps out of us.
  • Just like " Nike " said in the late 80's .... " just do it "
    ;scarf
  • edited April 2018
    Whufc bulletin says Hernandez doesn’t start and is on the bench.

So likely Lanzini will come back in I would’ve thought.
  • edited April 2018
    Team is ‘unchanged’ according to Ex.

Could be a bench of:

Adrian, Evra, Cullen, Lanzini, Carroll, Hernandez, Hugill
  • I've been given permission by the wife to watch this ;biggrin but I'm not sure if my nerves can stand it - I've not been sleeping that well lately as it is ;weep
  • West Ham United: Hart, Rice, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Zabaleta, Kouyate, Noble (c), Masuaku, Fernandes, Joao Mario, Arnautovic

Subs: Adrian, Evra, Cullen, Lanzini, Carroll, Hugill, Chicharito

Stoke City: Butland, Martins Indi, Shawcross (c), Zouma, Bauer, Ndiaye, Allen, Pieters, Shaqiri, Sobhi, Diouf

Subs: Grant, Cameron, Campbell, Sorenson, Ireland, Fletcher, Crouch
  • Marko on soccer AM - quality
  • Annoyed Hernandez isnt in the team
  • Tbf I think this is Moyes saying Arnie is his main man, as an all round striker. He has given him the chance to go out there and win this game himself. If we struggle, we have firepower on the bench.
  • Much better bench. Options/ game changers.
This discussion has been closed.