West Ham vs Chelsea (A) Match Thread 8.04.2018

Comments

• 2002/3 was when DiCanio hit a worldie.
  • 0-0 is 16/1 on sky bet
  • Put a 3 instead of the first 0 and I would take it. ;biggrin
  • A dull, defensive, tedious 0-0 please.
  • Preston I was thinking more of the fact it didn't save us. We also beat Man City.
  • coyi ;stout
  • edited April 2018
    coyi
  • Preston I was thinking more of the fact it didn't save us. We also beat Man City.

Man City at that time was not Qatar FC as it is now
  • I know, my point was we had similar fixtures at season end.
  • Can't help but fear a Liverpool/Swansea style battering here ;weep
  • Feel like its more about how Chelsea react

Their season is essentially over after losing to Spurs (at home as well)

General feeling that the manager is gone, that the players arent happy (especially their stars Courtois and Hazard who havent signed long term deals) and the fans are hating it

If the players react amd the fand get behind them then we could be in for a hiding as they are class if they play at 100%....but if they play like they have recently (ie like they are on holiday already) then there is a good chance we can get at them

• If the players react amd the fand get behind them then we could be in for a hiding as they are class if they play at 100%....but if they play like they have recently (ie like they are on holiday already) then there is a good chance we can get at them and only lose by 1 or 2

Fixed it for you ;ok
  • Feel like its more about how Chelsea react

Their season is essentially over after losing to Spurs (at home as well)

General feeling that the manager is gone, that the players arent happy (especially their stars Courtois and Hazard who havent signed long term deals) and the fans are hating it

If the players react amd the fand get behind them then we could be in for a hiding as they are class if they play at 100%....but if they play like they have recently (ie like they are on holiday already) then there is a good chance we can get at them

Sounds a bit like us!
  • I have got to go to a 25th wedding anniversary reception leaving home 4.30 ;weep
    Probably be watching the recording around midnight and missing the Masters ;weep
    coyi ;scarf
  • Disappointing timing, Bro_S

Same team as last week.
  • Subs look a bit lightweight, especially for defense and midfield.
  • Fernandes for Antonio the only change

Hart
    Rice Ogbonna Cresswell
    Zab Kouyate Noble Masuaku
    Fernandes Arnie Mario
  • I think the key today is how Masuaku and Zabaleta handle Moses and Alonso.
  • puddle

True, but I think the big key is whether or not Hart can remember what made him a very good 'keeper. Have a depressing feeling that he will be a liability in this game.
  • We already don't look close enough to Chelsea's players.
  • Chelsea on the front foot but we arent doing badly

One fernandes mistake almost put through willian but the shape is looking ok

Chelsea just turning the screw though
  • edited April 2018
    Disallowed goal for offside but showed there how easy they are able to get through our defence.
  • Had he been onside the ball would have been cut out imo. It only got through because Morata was off. We’re doing ok so far
  • Feel like a goal is coming. We need to get a foot on the ball for a couple of minutes.
  • Almost everything good is coming for Hazard who on his day is probably among the top 5 most talented players in the league

As alderz said we are doing ok

Longer this stays 0-0 the more anxious the home fans will get
  • i cant see this being 0-0 we are just hoofing it and watching it comeback. You know as soon as one goes in the floodgates will just open.
  • Great save from Hart. Hope that does him some good.
  • What a dreadful goal to concede after a great save.
This discussion has been closed.