Liverpool (A) 24.02.18 15:00 Match Thread

Comments

• The comeback is on ;cool
  • Screenshot_20180224-161710
    Look were Adrian is
  • I think Mario has been good in other games but he looks well out of his depth here.
  • edited February 2018
    They were always going to concede. I put their goalie in my ff team this week
  • Jorderz

I've not been overly impressed with him, but he has been in a team that's been playing well, and has been a part of that. I think that he's similar to but not as good as Lanzini, personally.
  • Certainly not worth the beans Inter want for him
  • From the BBC live commentary
    Michael Antonio produces a quality low finish past Loris Karius after galloping on to Michael Antonio's pass through the middle.
    Can't wait to see that on MotD
  • Burnley one up
  • Southampton losing now thankfully
  • Jao Mario isn’t a very good midfielder and not a very good attacker. He links play up nicely, but we can’t have luxury like that away to Liveroool.
  • We are getting ripped to shreds now.
  • 4-1

And this is why we need our rivals to drop points at every opportunity.
  • Yeah quite worried about this.

We’ve got almost a full strength team.
  • Jao Mario isn’t a very good midfielder and not a very good attacker. He links play up nicely, but we can’t have luxury like that away to Liveroool.

Unfortunately we don't have any other fit CMs. Which is why January was so poor, IMO.
  • First half was ok but this second half has been pretty bad.
  • 5 or 6 on the cards here. We are in a definite relegation fight
  • Lukerz said:

Yeah quite worried about this.

We’ve got almost a full strength team.

We’re playing Liverpool away who smashed Man City and who are about to go second? I’d be worried if it was Swansea or Burnley doing this to us.
  • This capitulation is exactly what happened with us under Bilic so many times
  • 14th time Liverpool have scored three or more times in a match this season, over 100 goals already this season. I'm not surprised they've got a bunch against us, and, whilst I'm always concerned by a big loss, I'm not overly worried by this.

If we follow this up with a loss to Swansea then yeah, I'll be worried, but not yet.
  • This has been a very very easy ride for Liverpool. We have some very tough games coming up and we can't afford to lose more than a couple of them.
  • Alderz it's twice against us.
  • I think when you pick such a defensive side - 5 defenders and 5 midfielders - you have to be gutted to be at least 4-1 down.
  • To be fair, Thorn, we can probably afford to lose seven of the last ten, so long as we win the other three.

Obviously I'd rather we didn't, but Swansea, Southampton and Stoke are the games we really have to target 9 points from.
  • Lukerz I think it's a bit misleading to suggest it was a 5-5 formation.

Mario and Lanzini are attacking midfielders, and Arnie has been playing as a centre forward for weeks.

IMO, this was a 3-4-3 formation, against a team that had all the ball.
  • To be fair, Thorn, we can probably afford to lose seven of the last ten, so long as we win the other three.

Obviously I'd rather we didn't, but Swansea, Southampton and Stoke are the games we really have to target 9 points from.

And Burnley because I'm going.
  • OCS yes agreed IF we beat those three but I don't think we will. We targeted Bournemouth, Brighton, Newcastle and Palace as games we thought were winnable.
    We rarely seem to be able the help ourselves when needed.
  • Very true Thorn ;ok
  • Southampton equalise.

So we're only three points above the drop going into the Swansea game.
This discussion has been closed.