Post-transfer discussions (inc is Zab a decent RB/signing)

Comments

• and if Fulham go up and we get relegated. Heresay.
  • I started writing that before your comment baracks. I meant I can't see Fulham selling both Fredericks or Cairney.
  • edited April 2018
    The Standard says we are NOT interested in Fedor Smolov although no source for the info

Meanwhile the Newcastle Evening Chronicle reckons Hernandez might be going there in the summer. Part-ex for Aleksandar Mitrovic, maybe?
  • Should we actually be paying much heed to any transfer rumour at the moment given that the “overhaul” of our recruitment methods including a new director of recruitment hasn’t even happened yet
  • You had me at
    Should we actually be paying much heed to any transfer rumour
  • Hernandez for Mitrovic - NO - Come on!
  • Allegedly Moyes was scouting Mitrovic, Cairney and Fredericks when he was at Fulham on Tuesday

8 goals in 11 games for Fulham, the lad seems to have found his shooting boots
  • edited April 2018
    IF we could sort out his disciplinary problems, 21 games missed through suspensions & counting, he could be worth having but at the cost of Javier? ;hmm He seems to be a bit of a hot head and has been substituted in the past to avoid being sent off remember he got a three game ban on video evidence for elbowing Manu earlier this season. We could always swap him for Andy C. ;whistle
  • It looks as if Arnie is going to be our main striker, Hernandez isn't going to be happy sitting on the bench so if Newcastle come up with a decent offer then it would probably be best to let him move on.

Otherwise we could end up with Sakho Part 2

Yeah, I'm sure Rafa would bite our hand off if we offered him AC.......
  • I can't get my head around this only playing one striker bit! ;ok
  • Me neither.
  • Latest rumour is Cresswell to everton for £25mil

Sounds like a complete non starter..
    But did make me think if i would take the deal

A season ago i would've said yes but £25mil really isnt much these days, and he seems better at LCB
  • Cairney at the game today ;hmm

CCE8B96B-0591-462A-BEEF-BD4E6EC5545F
  • I'd take the £25m.
  • IronHerb said:

I'd take the £25m.

The problem is that G&S would pocket the money and sign Evra on a 3 year deal.
  • edited April 2018
    Buffy for one minute I thort you were joking
  • We really need to work out how to get Chicharito happy. Whatever people think about him, I don't see us getting someone who can make his goals contribution, even when he's not been at his best/playing regularly.

8 goals in 1475 minutes (184 mins per goal); Arnie 9 in 1793 minutes (199)

Last year Carroll got 1314 (187); Antonio got 9 in 2440 (271); Lanzini 8 in 2716 (339)

Before that Payet 9 in 2573 (285); Antonio 8 in 2063 (257)

More goals per minute than any of our top goal scorers in recent seasons, all of whom have mostly been straight into the team when fit. He and Arnie also both have the chance to make the more straightforward case by potentially outscoring any of strikers in the PL since we got promoted (or at least matching Sakho and Nolan's 10s).

Unless we find another Sakho, and manage to keep him happy, who are we going to find to give us that return? I also don't think it's true he offers nothing outside of the area; he's probably done a better job at holding up the ball and bringing others in/winning free kicks than all of our big men who like to blindly knock it on.
  • Easiest way is to play 4 at the back.
  • no reason we cannot go 3-5-2 with Chicarito instead of 3-4-3.
  • I think our best formation is 3-4-1-2, with Lanzini right behind Hernandez and Arnie with Arnie given the license to go wherever he wants.

GK; Reid Ogbonna Rice; Antonio Noble Kouyate Masuaku; Lanzini; Arnie Hernandez
  • Mario was pretty much playing right up top with Arnie on sunday

Think Hernandez should get some starts, and push Mario or lanzini when he's back into Fernanades position

Interesting to see what happens, but I think he should be given a chance in the last 6 games as he has got goals

Very realistic that we end the season with 2 players into double digits for goal scored

Maybe striker isn't going to be a priority for once

Also i'd take shaquri in a heartbeat, think he'd be a good asset and given Moyes wanted snodgrass back i assume he fancies a left footed right winger which is what shaquri is
  • Cresswell is a Liverpool fan and was on their books as a kid so I'm not sure whether he'd be keen on a move to the "other" team
  • Spurs, Chelsea & Monaco interested in Masuaku according to The Sun (I know). £20m being quoted. Apparently all three have watched him.
  • 20m!!!! They need to watch a bit more closely then I think ;cool
  • How can the sun get it so wrong by about ten mill surely he’s worth 30 million lol
  • If Joao Mario is rated at £30m then surely Masuaku is more than that, given his importance to our style of play.
  • How much was paid for Kyle Walker?
  • Anything above 15 million would have been to much for walker imo
  • I hope the Ayew money from January gets funded into the summer budget should we stay up ;whistle
  • I don't really get the fixation on the idea of a transfer budget.

The owners have shown they will spend money on players.

I don't care how much or how little we spend, provided that the manager (Moyes, I hope) ends up with players he wants, in positions he thinks need filling.

We got Arthur for around £6m, Oggy for around £10m, Cressers for around £4m.

There are plenty of decent PL players who didn't cost their clubs fortunes.