The relegation battle - get out of my league!

Comments

• I have forgiven the Blunts. ;biggrin ;hug
  • Did someone mention Sheffield United......?
    I’d also add any team Neil Warnock manages......silly little man.
  • We've got nothing to worry about it's not as if we are going to get beaten by the likes of Brighton & Newcastle twice in the same season is it! ;doh
  • Southampton to go down as their selling and hoping policy has now caught up with them, Stoke, because its Stoke and West Brom to go down as its not us:)
  • Early season until we stand to benefit from results around us is very easy for me, whoever Spurs are playing I want to win.

• I have forgiven the Blunts. ;biggrin ;hug

Raise eyebrow
    My team West Ham was nearly pushed into abbyss!
  • Tony's Gale and Cottee are talking about the relegation battle on Sky, and they are saying they think 39 points for safety this year. I don't think they are right.
  • I find hardly ever agree with them about anything.
  • Assuming West Brom aren't getting 39 points (19 from 12...), that would mean either Stoke would get 14 points or Southampton would get 13, and assume that 3 other teams got at least 12 from 11.

Seems a tad unlikely.
  • I would expect 35 to be enough personally.

But let’s get another 20 to be safe. ;ok
  • Wait a second I said about a week ago that 39 points would be needed .does that mean you hardly ever agree with me as well Mrs Grey ;doh
  • I think it could be 38 points. only West Brom are really a bit off the 1 point per game margin. A host of teams are a point below above or on 27 / 27. I reckon 38.
  • steve, no, I just disagree with you on this point. ;biggrin
  • ;ok fair enough ;hug
  • I think 3 more wins from 11 will be enough.

But I'm hoping for about 15points more.
  • Remaining games

Capture
  • The issue for many of the teams is, unsurprisingly, scoring goals.

Most of the teams in trouble are struggling to average a goal a game.

We're the only team in the bottom half with a +ve GD over the last 10 games.

Capture
  • alderz

Footstats lets you export their DB results to Excel. ;cool
  • I got a headache just looking at it ,cant really figure out who has the worse run in cry have 3 tough games next but there last 5 are okay .wba after tonight have a nice little batch of games. ;weep I give up
  • 6 of our last 9 are at home.
  • Southampton have 4 home games left.
  • Huddersfield better have enough points before there last 4 games
  • alderz

Footstats lets you export their DB results to Excel. ;cool

;nonono
  • I think it will be about 38/39 needed.

If you look at the Serie A table, then I would say 34/35 points is enough.
  • But we're not in Italy. ;hmm
  • Mamma Mia! Spaghetti Bolognese!

Are we not in the land of pizza?
  • edited February 2018
    Think there is still work for us to do.

Had we beaten one of Bournemouth, Palace or Brighton we’d have been in a much better position. We took 2/9 points from those games (two at home), whereas 5/6 would’ve seen us almost there on 33/34 points. Shame we lost both Arnie and Lanzini for those three fixtures (well for two and Lanzini for half hour v Bournemouth).

But luckily we beat Watford because had we not we’d be in real trouble with Liverpool away next. It’s that tight at the moment. We’d only be one point clear had Watford beaten us and two with a draw.

I still have this feeling WBA will get out of it. I think Huddersfield, Stoke and Newcastle look vulnerable, but two of those are capable of pulling something out the bag when needed. Swansea have hit form, not sure how long it will last. Brighton I think have got a nice balance to their first 11. Southampton you’d think are ‘too good’ but do have a novice manager and have been pretty poor all season. Palace looked safe weeks ago but Zaha’s injury has got their fans sweating. Watford probably have enough goals in them as do Bournemouth. Everton, Leicester and Burnley all look safe (although Burnley’s form for the past two months will mean they will want a win quickly).

It is hard to call. I know most will write WBA off but they’ve been better in recent weeks and have winnable games to come.

;hmm
  • steve said:

I got a headache just looking at it ,cant really figure out who has the worse run in cry have 3 tough games next but there last 5 are okay .wba after tonight have a nice little batch of games. ;weep I give up

I tend to just agree with Grey and Ald over stats, they are right and it hurts my brain less ;biggrin
This discussion has been closed.