Next 8 games - A Hard Day's Night or Glad All Over?

2»

Comments

• My premise for 6-8 points was 3 vs Brighton which messed up straight away. That really was a damaging defeat! (and took the 6-8pts down to 3-5pts!) Subsequently, the Palace, Leicester and Watford games were crucial to get at least one win from before Man City/Chelsea. Chelsea are looking more solid and dangerous and unless Morata and Hazard get injured then its zero points for those two games. ;weep
  • Bazshuayi said:

unless Morata and Hazard get injured then its zero points for those two games. ;weep

Got both in my FF team.

You can relax ;ok
  • bottom at Christmas I fear
  • bottom at Christmas I fear

Let the mass spending spree begin in January then. Not!
  • Posters keep writing about our 'horror' run go games but here is the list of fixtures until the end of January: -

Everton (A)
    Man City (A)
    Chelsea (H)
    Arsenal (H)
    Stoke (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    Bournemouth (A)
    Spurs (A)
    WBA (H)
    Huddersfield (A)
    Bournemouth (H
    Palace (H)

So four of twelve are against 'top six' teams. It is, imo, the other eight games in this period that will define our season.
  • The problem is that where as in Payet's first season we felt we could beat everyone, now I don't think many of us expect us to beat anyone, not that we cant pick up some points, but that we are so near the bottom of the pile and looking up at so many teams. sadly many teams will be pleased to see us on their fixture list. Leicester would have been disappointed not to get three points yesterday I feel.

My own fear is our confidence may be shot by January and we may find it difficult to attract the types of Carvalho now as we will look to be going down in their eyes.
  • c&b

I think our confidence will grow.

Leicester might have expected us to fold, but we didn't, and in the end I suspect they were glad of the point.

Things can change very quickly.

Bournemouth were hopeless, then won 3/4.

Newcastle were being hyped, and now have lost 4/4.

Think the Everton game is massive. Do well, and we can play the next 3 for fun.

There are at least 5 other teams no better than us atm, imo.

We are far from being cut off, and are heading in the right direction.

Keep the faith.

• Games v Top 6 until end of January: -

(8Pts) Palace 3
    (9Pts) Swansea 6
    (10Pts) West Ham 4
    (11Pts) WBA 4
    (12Pts) Everton 4
    (13Pts) Stoke 4
    (13Pts) Southampton 6

So it's not only us playing the big boys.
  • You have done it till end of Jan which by then, some of those teams mentioned would have played the Top 6 twice this season not just once. How about until game 19 how many of those teams have Top 6 opposition left. I imagine its a lot less than us !
  • Herb thanks that makes feel better...
  • The masochist in me just had to reread this thread ;doh When you're down you've got to really go down and then try and find some light. Not there yet ;angry

img_cfc29e17ae40dd81dacc662ab8d0f5a477529
  • We have to take 4 points minimum from the Newcastle and Stoke games to give us a fair chance in january
  • already too late we need points from Watford Leicester and Everton and got 1. 4 against Newcastle and Stoke will not help us.
  • I cant see us picking up many points now till christmas

Everton was a must win and we got thumpted 4-0

We are going to go down
  • We’ve made it very tricky but it’s not too late it never is until mathematically impossible or have you forgotten 2007
  • I forgot 2007 in the same way David Moyes forgot how to manage since 2007.
  • We need 4 points from each of Newcastle and stoke.
  • I think we might need a snooker.
  • We have three easy games coming up, and I would be disappointed if we
    got less than 5 points from them. ;whistle
  • In recent years when people here have mentioned and worried about relegation I have genuinely not feared it or believed we'd go down.

This season, inwardly I am now pretty concerned. I dont know what Moyes is going to do to turn this around. Once the rot sets in its really tough to stop. The ones that get out tend to be those who fight/try their hardest. We certainly do not seem to have that dna at the moment ;puzzled
  • Well, I don't think anyone can be less than a touch disappointed with our points haul from the first 8 games.

On the positive side, we are at least running at 1 point per game, which beats relegation over a season.

20/10/2017 Brighton (h)
    28/10/2017 Crystal Palace (a)
    04/11/2017 Liverpool (h)
    19/11/2017 Watford (a)
    24/11/2017 Leicester City (h)
    29/11/2017 Everton (a)
    02/12/2017 Manchester City (a)
    09/12/2017 Chelsea (h)

I'd be disappointed if we don't come away with at least 10 points from this lot, and ideally we'd have those by the man City game, as I don't see too much for is in games 7 and 8...

Update:

20/10/2017 Brighton (h) - 0
    28/10/2017 Crystal Palace (a) - 1
    04/11/2017 Liverpool (h) - 0
    19/11/2017 Watford (a) - 0
    24/11/2017 Leicester City (h) - 1
    29/11/2017 Everton (a) - 0
    02/12/2017 Manchester City (a) - 0
    09/12/2017 Chelsea (h)

2 points...
  • Twist, It'll be 5 on Saturday

Nurse, oh nursey
  • If we are on less than 20 points after the next 8 games then the primary objective for the rest of the season will probably be simply to stay up

Look alike I was being hopelessly unrealistic when I made this comment!!
  • I just took a look, and at this point last season we had 13 points, and had just come off a 6 game winless run. I reckon if we looked at comments on here from this time last year we were probably saying we would go down.

We then got 6 wins in the next 9 games including 3 on the spin. That was followed by a run of 1 win in 11, included 5 defeats in a row.

What this tells me, is that it is still perfectly plausible for us to hit a purple patch and get a few wins on the spin. All is not over yet.
  • Mate if you went back the last 10 years on here or 606 then every season bar probably three (promotion/sam year 4/Bilic first season) some we’re mentioning we were down or the season was written off.
  • While the position we are in doesn’t look good I believe we have enough about us to get out of this Swansea look gone, one team always go in free fall maybe Huddersfield or Newcastle just need to put a couple of wins away pick the odd draw and I believe we will be ok, we all know as West Ham fans it won’t be the last time we in a mess it wouldn’t be us if we wearnt
  • right now I would take 3pnts from those games .