Hernandez Signed !

Comments

• chicharito

(Wish I'd paused for a minute and said...)

"It's fun to stay at the Y..M..C..A!!"
  • Really good piece of business, cannot wait to see him play for the shirt, and my FFL ;wink
  • Lots of nice comments on the Beeb from other teams, I like this one particularly.....

As a Spurs fan I am both equally jealous of West Ham sugning Hernandez and angry with our board for failing to understand what a bargain he is. This is a guy who has played for Madrid/United + scored goals in Engl/Spain/Germa. When you consider defenders are worth 30+million after 1 decent yr Hernandez for 17million is an absolute steal especially when you consider we spent 30 million on Sissisko.
  • Screenshot_2017-07-24-22-54-13

From that Dean and this Dean ;ok
  • Potentially the best signing this summer (you never know how it might pan out ;pray). He's a superb header of the ball and a lethal finisher, plus masses of enthusiasm. Having someone like that is a real lift for the team. I'm trying not to get too excited in case... oh what the hell lets all ;champagne
  • That'll do nicely. COYI
  • McAvennie says "heres the new Tony Cottee"
  • Hypothetical question - who is better, a 29 year old chicharito or a 29 year old Jermain Defoe??...
  • One of us has done it in a struggling team
    One of us has a great goals to minute ratio
    One of us is crying
    One of us is lying
    In her lonely bed
    Staring at the ceiling
    Wishing she was somewhere else instead

QED Abba
  • David Sullivan on talkSPORT just after 10am today if anyone wants a listen. ;ok
  • I’m at work so would appreciate a synopsis of what is said if anyone gets an opportunity to listen to it ;ok
  • Only worry with this signing is whether he can play the lone role in the PL against some of the CB's in this league. No doubting his finishing quality. He is very similar to Defoe. Did he play as a one in Germany or in a two?
  • edited July 2017
    Done a quick bit of research.

Seems like Chicharito played in a 4-4-2 for the majority of his time at Bayer. ;hmm
  • I would imagine the WHU staff are aware of this ;hmm

( ;wahoo + ;lol + ;doh if not )
  • He'll score goals in any formation. He won't do anything outside the box regardless of what formation we play. All he'll do is be in the right place at the right time in the penalty area. It's up to the supporting attackers to get the ball to him in the box.
  • ;barrera
  • I'm going to have a burrito for lunch today to celebrate! Arriba!
  • Genuinely excited about this signing.

Probably the best forward we have had since Ashton or Kitson in his first season.

Really chuffed.

Hart/Arnie didn't blow my socks off but this one has.
  • He'll get injured in his first training session and be out for the season.
  • ;fishslap
  • We wanted a top striker, and a top striker we've got. The lad has scored wherever he has played, and he has played in three of the top leagues. Even at international level he is currently the top scorer of all time for Mexico (48 in 96 games [great ratio]). Crucially he's also got Prem experience so even though he's coming from abroad he should hopefully hit the ground running. Nicely we've secured him relatively early in the transfer window so all being well he can get up to speed and fit in with the squad and fitness for our first game (PLEASE don't get injured in pre-season!!). Of course none of this guarantees success, however we cannot complain that the board haven't made the efforts to plug what has been a problem in our team. Looking forward to seeing him play and hopefully score a hatful of goals.

Welcome Chicharito! COYI
  • Watching watching some youtube last, apart from be a ;baldock he has got some pace to him as well...

He seems to have a ratio of 1 in 2 for his career which prior to R7 and Messi was the bees knees for a striker.
  • McHammer said:

Screenshot_2017-07-24-22-54-13

From that Dean and this Dean ;ok

...... and this one ;ok
  • Bazshuayi said:

One of us has done it in a struggling team
    One of us has a great goals to minute ratio
    One of us is crying
    One of us is lying
    In her lonely bed
    Staring at the ceiling
    Wishing she was somewhere else instead

QED Abba

Chicharito , tell me the truth - Do you have a dream ? Can you hear the drums Hernandez ? Is it always sunny in a rich man's world ? and as for free kicks - does the winger take them all ?
  • RE: Squad Numbers

Chicarito to 14
    Obiang to 4

?
  • edited July 2017
    I was thinking that Aldz ;ok

Although I reckon he'll take No7 when Feghouli goes
  • I reckon Arnautovic will be 7
  • I certainly think the last few lines from Javier Javier could be a winner!