Arsenal v West Ham 7th March 2020 - 15:00

edited March 2020 in Match Threads
Don't really feel like I got the thanks that I deserve for our victory against Southampton but nevertheless here is the Arsenal thread.

2-0 loss

Aliadiere and Jeffers with the goals.

Comments

• edited March 2020
    imageimageimageimageimage

image :star:
  • Someones on an emoji high. :biggrin:
  • Win, because I think we will :biggrin:
  • COYI :scarf:
  • Same squad, same attitude, same application.

Arsenal's back four are not very good, and Xhaka is a walking red card, so I actually think we have a chance in this one. But only if we show the same level of performance that we have in the last two. The players have shown they can do it, so no excuses.

2-2
  • The Freddie Ljungberg derby.
  • Arsenal haven't lost in their last 7 league games (4 draws), but have only one 5 league games in their past 20 matches. I see no reason why we can't get a result, but they don't lose all that often.

Aubameyang is (despite his miss in Europa League) one of the worlds best finishers, and a lot will rest on stifling his opportunities.
  • Tricky this, as I feel like we need a place for Snodgrass in this game but not sure who for.
  • Fabianski
    Ngakia - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Bowen - Rice - Snodgrass - Fornals
    Antonio - Haller

Randolph, Balbuena, Zabaleta, Masuaku, Noble, Lanzini, Anderson
  • Soucek already proving to be a key man. Can't believe how thin we left that position this season.
  • Pompey doing their bit. 15 minutes into their game with Arsenal and Torrera is being stretchered off.

Hopefully they'll take them to extra time to put some miles in the Arsenal players' legs.
  • Few of those Arsenal players will feature on Saturday though.
  • True.

Shame, because they've been poor.
  • edited March 2020
    Keeping Aubameyang quiet is key. High press game needed so that rules Noble out.
    I like Lukerz's team selection. Maybe switch to 4 3 3 with Bowen up front.
  • Be happy with a point here although if we do attack them with pace we have a good chance of all three, these are the games where fab comes into it with a rob green type of performance to keep us in it COYI
  • Draw, I can see both sides scoring
  • And any type of win
    Thank you
  • Consistency is the key for the rest of the season.
    If we line up to defend and go back to playing hallah up front as the lone striker against arsenal we are doomed.
  • If he scored, then playing Hallah up front would be the answer to all our prayers. :biggrin:

:yercoat:

• edited March 2020
    Colchester, it seems you're the only one that saw it. Perhaps I should have said that at least we'd have God on our side.
    :biggrin:
  • Lawton has it 1-1 but Nicholas has it 3-1 Arsenal.
  • That's an away win then
  • edited March 2020
    Amazing stat:

Manuel Lanzini has scored 6 goals in his last 60 West Ham appearances, with 1 goal in his last 31.
  • Lukerz said:

Amazing stat:

Manuel Lanzini has scored 6 goals in his last 60 West Ham appearances, with 1 goal in his last 31.

Why is that?
  • imagelost said:

Lukerz said:

Amazing stat:

Why is that?
    He's not very good :hmm:
  • see Millwall had a good win tonght ,could they be one of the teams to replace us :sofa:
  • edited March 2020
    No.

Rest easy.

PS. Wrong fred?