Liverpool vs West Ham (away) 24th Feb 2020 - 20:00

edited February 2020 in Match Threads
West Ham on the precipice of the relegation spots. now in the relegation spots.
Liverpool continuing on one of the most remarkable premier league runs of all time.

After being booted out of the FA Cup put to the sword by Manchester City, West Hams struggle for premier league survival continues with the league leaders looking to break further records left, right and centre. Can West Ham be the first club to stop the juggernauts or will West Ham be another victim to the slaughter again ?

With injuries galore only a few injuries and games coming thick and fast. David Moyes magic act of keeping West Ham in the premier league continues.

Line ups ?
Predictions ?

Comments

• edited February 2020
    i just copied and pasted the last Liverpool match thread with some minor adjustments.

For those who need a cheerup, Warning strong language.
    https://www.facebook.com/paddypower/videos/628909537652524/?v=628909537652524
  • :hmm: Not sure I can watch anymore of this ,But come Monday guess I will be watching like an idiot :fishslap:
  • Of course we will win as winning is what he does :biggrin:
  • Fab
    Zab Diop Ogbonna Cresswell Masuaku
    Noble Rice Soucek
    Snodgrass Antonio

Dont expect Moyes to change anything up from tonight's loss
  • Liverpool are a bit easier to play against than City. I am going for a 3-1 win (Don Hutchinson with a brace and Hugill from the spot)
  • Fabianski
    Zabaleta - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell - Masuaku
    Bowen - Rice - Soucek - Anderson
    Antonio
  • edited February 2020
    Is that the time of the match in the thread title or the predicted score line?
  • There is some good news....

I couldn't get a ticket for this game.
  • with Fredericks out, is Johnson back ? would like to see him given another run out.
  • My team for Liverpool

Fabianski

Johnson Diop Ogbonna Cresswell

Rice

Soucek Snodgrass

Bowen

Antonio Haller
  • I would love Moyes to try 4-5-1, but I suspect he would try 3-5-2 which can morph into 5-3-2/5-4-1 as his priority would be not to loose heavily. The team would need to change as Zabaleta, who is an excellent pro, does not have the legs for the wing-back role and Masuraku has been dismal. We also need a bit of pace, guile and hunger (not too much of that in the squad). Barring any injuries, arguments and disillusionment, I think the starting team should be:

Fabianski
    Diop- Ogbonna- Rice
    Johnson/Ngakia- Soucek- Snodgrass- Noble- Cresswell
    Antonio- Bowen

Substitutes: Randolph, Haller, Anderson, Masuraku, Silva, Fornals, Lanzini

The squad has have little else on offer.

• Moyes is suffering from the malaise our managers tend to get, being stubborn in the face of evidence to make his mark, fornals is our best player and not being picked, reminds me of rodent and Paulo and we all know how that ended :angry:
  • Only just over 4 years ago that we did this lot 7-1 over 4 matches. Seems like another world.
  • I think the time has finally come to play our little-used 1 3 3 3 formation.

Fabianski
    Rice
    Snodgrass Noble Fornals
    Lanzini Soucek Anderson
    Antonio Haller Bowen
  • edited February 2020
    I love him but whatever team we go with Noble should not be in our starting eleven at the moment imo.
  • My heart wants to post the starting 11 with a rallying cry of how we will end Liverpool's unbeaten run. :scarf:

Then, I put down the G&T and listen to my head, have a little cry and resign myself to a painful Monday evening.

• Remener the '73-'74 season when Leeds were (almost) invincible. We were the second team to beat them. I remember being in the Chicken run amongst some Leeds supporters. we went 0-1 to an Allan Clarke goal, then came back to win 3-1. So we have done it before, I' sure after 47 years it will be our turn on Monday!
    :sofa:
  • edited February 2020
    Moyes on Bowen is almost word for word what he said earlier this week
    I'm not going to rush him. I've had a lot of experience with boys from the Championship, so I've experience as to when to use him and when not to.
    Somebody give him a nudge, I think his needle's stuck...
  • Rubbish, Bowen needs to play.
  • We can all understand that Moyes doesn't want us to get pasted but surely we must be a tad more adventurous than the City game? I'd like to see Bowen given a go, or failing that longer than last time
  • Please just don't play Antonio up front on his own. He just cant play that position.
  • yoyo said:

We can all understand that Moyes doesn't want us to get pasted but surely we must be a tad more adventurous than the City game? I'd like to see Bowen given a go, or failing that longer than last time

Sinks of Tevez and the other chap
  • Fabianski
    Zabaletta, Diop, Ogbonna, Cresswell
    Antonio, Snodgrass, Soucek, Rice
    Bowen, Haller
    Zab and Cresser to stay deep,
    Rice helping out with Salah/TAA, Antonio on Robertson/Mane both can make runs forward .
    Two up front to provide some kind of outball/threat and more than token pressing
  • The women are trashing Liverpool at least. :scarf:
  • I doubt it'll happen but I'd like to see:

--------- Fabianski ---------
    Johnson - Diop - Ogbonna - Cress
    -- Rice - Soucek - Snograss ---
    Anderson --- Antonio --- Bowen

Subs: Randolph, Ngakia, Balbuena, Masuaku, Noble, Fornals, Haller
  • Moyes on Bowen is almost word for word what he said earlier this week

I'm not going to rush him. I've had a lot of experience with boys from the Championship, so I've experience as to when to use him and when not to.
    Somebody give him a nudge, I think his needle's stuck...
    Well at least he is not lying as I recall his past exploits with 'boys from the championship'. He forked out for Hugil from Preston and never played him, going on that Bowen will get ten minutes in four games time and be out on loan by next season.
  • edited February 2020
    I'd like us to go more how Moyes went first game:

Fabianski
    Zabaleta - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Snodgrass - Soucek - Rice - Fornals
    Anderson
    Haller

Randolph, Diop, Masuaku, Noble, Lanzini, Antonio, Bowen
  • I want to see Haller and Bowen together .Then at lest they would have a game under there belts ready for the saints
  • edited February 2020
    steve said:

I want to see Haller and Bowen together .Then at lest they would have a game under there belts ready for the saints

Or a more adventurous 4-3-3 with Bowen on the right, Antonio on the left & Haller through the middle. Maybe with Lanzini/Anderson as a No.10 too? Wonder if Balbuena could do a job as a makeshift RB?

Fabianski
    Balbuena - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Rice (c) - Soucek
    Bowen - Anderson - Antonio
    Haller

Charge!
  • edited February 2020
    I hope Moyes watched the Tyson Fury fight and saw how he went on the attack from the start. Wilder isn't used to retreating and so couldn't launch his trademark right hand off the back foot.
    Last week Norwich went on the attack against Liverpool and were unlucky not to have got at least a point.
    Liverpool have built an aura that frightens teams but they're not unbeatable.
    If West Ham go out with a positive mindset from the off they could surprise L'Pool as well as themselves.
    Just as long as Noble is not playing as his lack of pace will be targeted all night long.

:scarf:
This discussion has been closed.