West Ham Vs Brighton 6 point battle (1 Feb match thread)

Seeing as we don't seem to have a thread for this thought I would start one. Hoping for a performance and result . Will we see our new Czech midfielder, will there be new signings galore being introduced ,will they run out of pies at half time ! who's knows but I want 3 points please Mr Moyes

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Presuming a few of our players are fully fit (Antonio & Fabianski I'm looking at you) then I'd like to see us go with:

------------- Fabianski -----------
    Zabaleta - Ogbonna - Diop - Cresswell
    Antonio - Soucek - Rice - Masuaku
    ---------- Haller - Ajeti ----------
  • I reckon it's a game we can't afford not to win. :pray:
  • Must win. Must win. Must win.
  • Must win as that's what moyes does, loss :yercoat:
  • Have to win this.
  • Fabianski
    Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Ngakia - Noble - Rice - Soucek - Masuaku
    Antonio - Haller
  • We will :deadhorse: them

• Ex has just confirmed that Antonio is available for tomorrow's game. :ok:
  • Think itll be Lukerz team

Personally would like to see Fornals as one of the 3 CM ideally for Noble but I dont think Moyes will agree
  • edited February 2020
    As long as Moyes and the rest of them remember/looked at videos of defending corners because I'm sick and tired of Glenn Murray scoring against us. I mean, really now, come on, he's 36 years old.
  • Don't think Soucek or Antonio will start. Reckon it'll be Lukerz's team with Snodgrass and Lanzini in their stead.

This is such a massive game. In fact, I think this could be the relegation decider; win and we have decent shot of getting away from it. Lose, and then further defeats to City and Liverpool, and I reckon we'll be mentally too far gone.
  • Once we get past the Liverpool game the other 5 or 6 teams in the scrap will have worse run ins than us. So although today is important losing the next two isn't imo.
  • Our home form has to pick up, so many of our 6 pointers including today are at home. Its these home games that will determine if we stay up.
  • Iron herb don’t forget the other 5 or 6 may have worse run ins than us but they do include us in their run ins so they will see us as a winnable game as do, I expect, Brighton today.
  • edited February 2020
    Must win almost.

OCS - Moyes has to surely pick the side with the intent to win.

We need Antonio & Soucek in, one to just give the side a boost, two because we are weak in midfield & three because we need some pace.

I would personally go:

Fabianski
    Ngakia - Rice - Soucek - Masuaku
    Lanzini
    Antonio - Haller
  • I agree but i.e Bournemouth will have the current top four to play and no current bottom six to play. So 'winnable' games for them are at a premium.
  • Lukerz said:

OCS - Moyes has to surely pick the side with the intent to win.

Agreed. But I don't think he'll start Antonio or Soucek. Personally, I would, but I think he'll give Lanzini yet another chance alongside Haller.
  • Where's the Lanzini of old? Hasn't really turned up now for a while. I see us winning this one but fear the crowd reaction if we lose.
  • edited February 2020
    Have we actually beat Brighton since they got promoted?

2017/18 - 0-3 loss & 3-1 loss
    2018/19 - 1-0 loss & 2-2 draw
    2019/20 - 1-1 draw & ?

Brighton. Putting the B in Bogey team.
  • Ex says Fredericks back today too
  • Lukerz, here is another version of your 2 teams combined.

Fabianski
    Ngakia - Rice - Noble - Masuaku
    Soucek
    Antonio - Haller
  • Soucek hasn’t played for 6 weeks, I have just read. So he is not gonna start I doubt.
  • Lukerz said:

Soucek hasn’t played for 6 weeks, I have just read. So he is not gonna start I doubt.

The Czech Premier has a two month winter break, last game was 15 December but he did play in two friendless last week, 90 minutes on Wednesday and 45 minutes on Saturday.
  • I don't think we have just spent c.£20m on a goalscorer to leave him on the bench.
  • Just off to the game. Glass of sweet sherry in Browns, and 3 points would be very nice.
  • 2-0...... I'm keeping the faith!
  • IronHerb said:

I don't think we have just spent c.£20m on a goalscorer to leave him on the bench.

Bowen’s not registered for today
  • alderz,

Should have signed him sooner. :whistle:
  • Ex says 3 changes from Liverpool game (one debut).
  • Ex is hinting that Fredericks, Soucek & Antonio start.
This discussion has been closed.