West Ham vs Liverpool, 29th January, 19:45

West Ham on the precipice of the relegation spots.
Liverpool on one of the most remarkable premier league runs of all time.

After being booted out of the FA Cup, West Hams struggle for premier league survival continues with the league leaders looking to break records left, right and centre. Can West Ham be the first club to stop the juggernauts or will West Ham be another victim to the slaughter ?

With injuries galore and games coming thick and fast. David Moyes magic act of keeping West Ham in the premier league continues.

Line ups ?
Predictions ?

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Fabianski
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Diop
    Antonio - Fornals - Rice - Noble - Masuaku
    Lanzini
    Haller

Randolph, Reid, Zabaleta, Cresswell, Sanchez, Ajeti, U23 player

Not much else we can put out apart from the above.

Fabianski should be due back I would have thought, otherwise it's Randolph.
  • :sofa: tell me when it's over then I will look again
  • edited January 2020
    Moyes puts out the strongest team.

It's a no brainer.

It, for me, all comes down to how hard the players want to work.

Fight for absolutely everything and we might just pull it off (and by it I mean a draw).

Be in any way sloppy and they will punish us.

:scarf:
  • Moyes puts out the strongest team.

Unless we get some injured players back then the "strongest team" we have available is the one that played in the 2nd half against West Brom (with maybe Ajeti off and Fornals staying on).
  • A respectable loss and a good shift by the players and I will be fairly happy
  • After Saturday I think we will get rolled over quite comfortably by Liverpool I just hope its not too embarassing and we don't get any injuries
  • This game is a free swing, really. Why not take the game to them. Go two up front. At least try to do something positive.

We all know that the key games are Brighton, Watford, Villa, Burnley and Norwich. These will determine our season, not the obligatory hammering by Liverpool or City.

I wouldn't risk Fabianski or Antonio; imagine losing them for the six pointers coming up. I'd look at going:

Randy
    Zaba Diop Ogbonna Cresswell
    Snodgrass Rice Fornals Masuaku
    Haller Ajeti
  • Moyes puts out the strongest team.

Unless we get some injured players back then the "strongest team" we have available is the one that played in the 2nd half against West Brom (with maybe Ajeti off and Fornals staying on).
  • This game is a free swing, really. Why not take the game to them. Go two up front. At least try to do something positive.

I don't think it's a free swing because we need to keep our goal difference down. We lose 4/5 - 0 and we are 18/19 in the league.

• I don't think we will have control on how many Liverpool will put past us if they even put in a 6/10 performance.

The game is absolutely a free swing.
  • edited January 2020
    I wouldn't play Balbuena after his first half performance on Saturday. If Antonio is fit I would be tempted to play him up front as his unpredictability and strength may just catch the Liverpool defence out. We don't have the luxury of giving him an extra week to recover.
  • I would be tempted to "keep our powder dry" for Brighton and play Ajeti up front and rest Antonio for Brighton . Play 5 at the back 4 in the middle and stifle the space as much as possible . It won't be pretty but it might frustrate Liverpool.
  • Pick the ten tallest players and line them up on the goal line. The keeper can patrol the six yard box. Literal human barricade. 0-0.
  • Put all our subs into Liverpool shirts and get them walking along the touchlines
  • We've got to park the bus and break quickly in modest numbers - if we do our usual slow side to side build up we will be slaughtered when we lose possession. Think Antonio is a good shout for right back against Robertson/Mane and Masuaku might struggle less than Cresswell against Salah. Big worry though is Haller and Lanzini as the outball - can't see them winning and holding the ball too well. It's going to be a tough game to watch and if we concede early a real horror show. :sofa:
  • edited January 2020
    We should consider playing with 10 men before playing Lanzini.

:devil:
  • We should consider playing with 10 men before playing Lanzini.

:devil:

We will be if we pick Sanchez again :lol:
  • edited January 2020
    As Antonio may only get three matches between injuries it may be better to save him and give Ajeti another run out, he looks rubbish and another poor buy, but in his defence he could claim he hasn't been given a chance, so he started on Saturday now give him another start and save Antonio.
  • edited January 2020
    Claret, you could say the opposite about Lanzini, he's had lots of chances and shown nothing (of his old self), so I agree, give Ajeti a go.
    Look at Fornals, it took a while but he's starting to come good, the mystery being why he doesn't start ahead of Lanzini.
  • I like the shape of Lukerz's team and having Antonio as RWB, but I thought Balbuena and Lanzini were so poor last match I would leave them out.

Fabianski
    Diop- Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Antonio - Fornals - Rice - Noble - Masuaku
    Ajeti Haller
  • It would be a waste to play Antonio at RB, imo. He’s seems to give top teams problems when he plays upfront (he’s done that against Man City, I remember).
  • Will Moyes risk Soucek?
  • Will we actually sign Soucek?
  • Even if Soucek had signed last night he wouldn't be registered in time to play tonight but if he signs today or tomorrow I think he should be good for Brighton.
  • So it seems like the club did actually cancel the tickets for those Liverpool fans that were boasting about getting tickets in the home end.
  • Woke up today thinking we might nick a point .then our heating went out ,So back to normal 4-0 loss ,,,,,,,,,,On another note i miss Baz if i say his name 3 times will he come back :pray:
  • edited January 2020
    6 changes and a first team debut for us today apparently :hmm:
  • Hamstew said:

6 changes and a premier League debut for us today apparently :hmm:

wow :hmm:
  • :puzzled: 6.......Why not 11
  • Is it on the box? I can't find it
This discussion has been closed.