West Ham v Sheffield Utd (A) 10:01:2020 KO 20:00 - Match Thread

edited January 2020 in Match Threads
So next up is the ‘Narrative Derby’. A game whose narrative will bear little resemblance to facts and reality.

How many references can be made to the Tevez Affair and our cheating the Blunts out of a premiership place.

Two wins in a row put us in a good place but they are currently 8th and doing well.

Will Moyes go with three at the back and wingers with Fredericks sidelined.
Or will he have the Steve Sidwell preferred back four.

Over to you.....

Comments

• Pretty much a "must not lose" game not because of positions of where we are but because its Sheffield United.
  • Micheal Oliver is the ref appointed or as Suzanne calls him " child ref " ..
    He is now by far Engalnd's top ref, in the eyes of EUFA/FIFA & Mike Reilly.
  • If that's the case then it just goes to show the quality of the other 'elite' refs. :whistle:

Oh yes, away win.
  • I’d probably want a back four, but maybe matching up their 3-5-2 would be best. I assume Noble & Fornals come straight back in. If Antonio is fit I’d like to see him and Haller up top.
  • edited January 2020
    IronHerb said:

If that's the case then it just goes to show the quality of the other 'elite' refs. :whistle:

Oh yes, away win.

Just to make aware, we only have 1 other elite ref on UEFA that being Anthony Taylor.
    1st catergory we have: Craig Pawson &
    2nd category we have :Stuart Attwell,David Coote,Chris Kavanagh,Andrew Madley ( ref from yesterday ) & Paul Tierney.

Think you have a point IH ;) & re the away win prediction, let's hope so.
  • jay, I was referring to the Premier League refs as 'elite', which is laughable in itself, but to think EUFA rate them highly is a worry. :ok:
  • You right IH, to warrant Andrew Madley a UEFA badge & he's hardly even reffed in the PL is a joke IMO...
  • We must smash them.
  • I'd settle for a scrappy 1-0 win where they hit the post a few times as a win is a win. :pray:
  • I'd settle for a scrappy 1-0 win where they hit the post a few times as a win is a win. :pray:

But just pray that they don't get relegated else we get sued :lol:
  • But to announce it 3 days out is poor. Most have made travel arrangements or booked overnight stays already.
  • Safe journey to all going, especially those staying up there. South Yorkshire police expect there to be trouble and with our recent history with the Blades I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
  • I have a very specific request for the outcome of this match.

We must only win by one goal. But that goal must come in the sixth minute of stoppage time after the board shows only four should be played. There should be no explainable reason for this such as further injuries etc. They must also have had three stonewall penalties turned away without recourse to VAR due to an electrical failure within the VAR studio. Oh but that isn't the only mistakes of the night, our injury time goal is scored by our Argentine player Lanzini, however our newly employed shirt man finds foreign names difficult and accidently spelt it Tevez.
  • Not sure what the injury/recovery position of various players is but if fit the team could be:

Fabianski
    Balbuena - Diop -Obbonna
    Antonio - Rice - Noble - Masuaku
    Anderson - Lanzini
    Haller

I have put Antonio at RWB as Fredrick's is injured feel that Zabaleta's lack of pace may be exposed. Not sure that he can run up ad down the wing for 90 minutes. Johnson is injured. Need to win as we are too close to the bottom three.
  • I'm not sure Antonio can run up and down the wing for 90 minutes, especially as he's coming back from a hammy injury.
  • As much as I love him I'd have Fornals over Lanzini at the moment.
  • :nonono: :nonono:
  • Fabianski
    Diop - Balbuena - Ogbonna
    Zabaleta - Fornals - Rice - Noble - Masuaku
    Anderson
    Haller

Roberto, Reid, Cresswell, Snodgrass, Lanzini, Antonio, Ajeti
  • Hamstew said:

As much as I love him I'd have Fornals over Lanzini at the moment.

Ok who's hacked my account :angry:
  • This side looks pretty useful, especially for a tricky game away. Against a weaker team at home maybe Antonio at RWB and Lanzini for Fornals would be a bit more attacking.
  • Hamstew said:

Hamstew said:

The clowns been cloned :nonono:
  • Hamstew said:

Hamstew said:

The clowns been cloned :nonono:
    The clones been clowned
  • Cloning Clowning everywhere :wahoo: :clown:
  • edited January 2020
    I made a clone yesterday ................. I was right beside myself

:biggrin:

:yercoat:

• Someone said they wanted cloned clowns?
  • Going to this one replete with crash helmet and Yaaaaaaarkshire phrase book.I’m just hoping for a better performance/ result than the last time we played them up here in the “Tevez season” which ended 3-0 to them ( I think).
    First game for a while so I’m really looking forward to it.
  • edited January 2020
    Fredericks, Antonio, Wilshere and Yarmolenko were the only players Moyes mentioned as injured yesterday so I guess Cresswell and Noble are fit to play.

Lawro has predicted a 1-1 draw. We're doomed...
This discussion has been closed.