West Ham United v Leicester City 28th Dec, 5.30pm

edited December 2019 in Match Threads
West Ham in helms deep.
And Leicester City currently 2nd and doing well under Brendan Rogers about to play “pool” currently top, with the Klopp.
Enough about them,, what we going doo, how we gonna beat em.
Come you irons
I say
COYI

Comments

• Oddly this is often the fixture we up our game for, so I’m going for a home win
  • Vardy is going to do unspeakable things to our defence.

We may grab a goal to make the defeat a bit more respectable, but I still think we'll lose by at least a couple.
  • Oddly this is often the fixture we up our game for, so I’m going for a home win

Respect to you ,, I hope you right :hug:
  • Vardy is going to do unspeakable things to our defence.

We may grab a goal to make the defeat a bit more respectable, but I still think we'll lose by at least a couple.

The West Ham who started the season will be back and win
    Yipeee
  • Vardy most likely to be rested after Brendans recent comments. So someone else will do the unspeakable things :wahoo:
  • Fabianski MOTM.
  • They have just had two spankings therefore we must be the ideal opponents to sort the goal difference out, I fear another Southampton type result given our lack of character
  • If Fab aint fit and Roberto plays I can't see anything but a defeat
  • So Roberto takes the blame for a loss before a ball is kicked. Unbelievable.
  • edited December 2019
    Saw that Cresswell is now suspended for this:

Fabianski
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Snodgrass - Noble - Rice - Lanzini - Fornals
    Antonio

Martin, Diop, Zabaleta, Sanchez, Anderson, Yarmolenko, Haller
  • Why we have n't won a single game with him in goal he makes the defence nervous and if he plays I don't believe we will win, to be honest even with Fabianski we will probably lose as we are playing the team in 2nd.I don't see how that's Unbelievable its called an opinion.
  • So you think we will lose whatever but if Roberto plays it will be his fault. That's what I find unbelievable.
  • I did n't blame Roberto I said if he plays I think we will lose as he makes our defence nervous and he seems to spread panic through out the team, we played as a team alot better with Martin in goal. We will just have to agree to disagree
  • I get what you are saying PLF :ok:

If I’m not mistaken we have conceded at least two goals in every game he has started bar one. He either is at fault for goals or creates uncertainty amongst his team mates just by being there. That’s enough for me not to want him in the side and to fear the result when he is
  • Roberto wasn't at fault for either of the goals yesterday and pulled off a couple of decent saves to keep us in the game.

So obviously Fabianski is going to be fit tomorrow, just when Roberto has stopped making stupid mistakes...

4-4-2. Fredericks for Zab, Diop for Balbuena, Masuaku for Cresswell, maybe Lanzini for Fornals and Yarmo for Snoddy as he was looking exhausted by the end.
  • Yarmo looks exhausted before he starts.
  • To cut Roberto a very little slack it's to do with continuity. The defence have to get used to how he plays and vice versa. He likes to punch the ball away alot so there are times when the back four don't know whether he is coming off his line or not. It is far from ideal but this isn't something we won't resolve sooner than later. There are far bigger issues we need to address urgently one of which won't change until we get a change in the mindset at the top.
  • edited December 2019
    I hate to say it but, in my opinion, Noble should be stripped of captaincy after his moment of craziness in the last match. I know, I know, he has been a great servant to the club, Mr West Ham, etc. etc., but he is beginning to think that he is bigger than the club. In fact, he isn't. His leadership abilities are questionable, and he is our weakest and slowest midfielder bar Sanchez. We desperately need to replace him in January. As for the captaincy, it should go to Rice. He captained Ireland's Under-21s, and was a great captain. Don't know if Pellegrini has guts to implement this change, but I guess our next manager will have more willpower, whoever he may be.
  • but he is beginning to think that he is bigger than the club.

What makes you believe Noble thinks he's bigger than the club?

And what makes you think Rice wants the captaincy at this stage of his career (just 19 days from his 21st birthday)?
  • Often the responsibility of captaincy can have a negative effect on a player. We need Rice to just concentrate on playing as well as he can, I would not give him the burden of captain at this stage.
  • I completely disagree HammerDublin.

Nobes clearly cares a great deal about the club. I don’t have a problem with him loosing his temper with Ogbonna.
  • After yesterday’s result (for them), I really do think they are there for the taking - esp if Rodgers follows through on his intention to rotate. Given that very few of our squad are actually delivering at all, rotation won’t affect us in the same way
  • Image, in case people are confused by your thread title our game kicks off at 5.30
  • I’m sure Leicester will start at 5.30, anyway. Who knows what time we’ll get going.
  • Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Rice
    Snodgrass - Anderson - Lanzini
    Haller

Roberto, Balbuena, Zabaleta, Sanchez, Fornals, Antonio, Ajeti

Ex says a number of changes for tomorrow so imagine something like the above.

I’m sure Antonio will be rested too given his recent injury.
  • edited December 2019
    Jorderz I was worried that the team may see the thread and then their excuse would be they ran out of steam by 5.30 as they’d been psyched for 3.00
  • If we kicked off at 3 and them at half five I’d be confident of a result if we keep it to 0-0 by half five
  • Jorderz I was worried that the team may see the thread and then their excuse would be they ran out of steam by 5.30 as they’d been psyched for 3.00

Don't worry Thorn, by the looks of it many on here won't want to watch it anyway. :whistle:
  • Image, in case people are confused by your thread title our game kicks off at 5.30

It was me that added KO time to the thread.

I’ve changed it.

:redwine:
  • Suze I guess you added the time after one of your glasses of wine
This discussion has been closed.