January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• West Ham, Spurs and Man U linked with PSG's French international 27yo full back Layvin Kurzawa who will be out of contract in the summer and has lost his place in the starting XI to Juan Bernat.

He plays mostly on the left but can play right back.
  • The Sun has us lining up a £20m bid for 23yo Hull RW Jarrod Bowen who has scored 16 goals in 24 games. Leicester, Everton and Spurs also interested.
  • He never misses the target after his grandfather told him to keep out of the black and in the red as there was nothing in this game for two in a bed ;)

#here's what you could've won :sub:
  • I like Bowen :ok:

He’s pretty rapid too
  • Football Insider claim they've been told by a WHU "source" that several MLS clubs have shown interest in Wilshere.

Possibly the only place for him
  • Is MLS Might Last Seconds?
  • Must Love Sidelines (or surgery :hmm: )
  • Bazshuayi said:

He never misses the target after his grandfather told him to keep out of the black and in the red as there was nothing in this game for two in a bed ;)

#here's what you could've won :sub:

So what do you do?
    I’m unemployed
    “You’re unemployed” “Smashing”

:doh:
  • Say what you like about him but he never had to remember a script... Just about 7 catchphrases :lol:

From memory: :hmm:

Super smashing great
    Listen to Tony
    Keep out of the black and in the red....
    Here's what you could've won
    You can't beat a bit of Bully (not without criminal prosecution charges anyway)
  • BFH, that’s your bus fare home
  • Football Insider claim they've been told by a WHU "source" that several MLS clubs have shown interest in Wilshere.

Possibly the only place for him

Maybe David wants him for when his new Miami franchise kicks off
  • Football Insider reports we are considering selling Yarmolenko in January.
  • I wouldn’t be disappointed if we did
  • baracks,

I would be but could be convinced it is a good idea based on how much money we raise and how we reinvest it in the team.
  • Only if the money is reinvested. If we got £12m for Yarmo and put it towards signing Jarrod Bowen, then I'd absolutely support it.

I didn't have an issue with selling Obiang in the summer because the manager had stated that any players sold would be replaced, but that didn't hold up so we were a CM down. If we're not confident of replacing Yarmo (or have no intention of doing so), then I can't get behind the sale.
  • Obviously, yes it would depend on how (if) the money is reinvested

There are a lot of rumours flying about, some of which have some big numbers attached to them

I am of the view, however that we we will do very little incoming business in this window and if we do there won’t be any big money signings at all. Maybe a loan or cheap signing as a maximum but that’s it IMO
  • Baracks :ok:

Really can't see our board changing a habit of a lifetime. Rarely do they invest any significant money in January.

Pellegrini is on record as saying he's happy with his squad, so Sully always has that excuse to fall back on. Also, with the doubts around the managers future and a potential £16m pay-off, I can't see him being given anything to spend.
  • edited December 2019
    The Board must have doubts over Husillos’ judgment. So they’ll be hesitant about putting big bucks behind any of his recommendations. Which I guess is fine, but they will be sat with the same problem in June.
  • edited December 2019
    Diop
    Balbuena
    Fabianski
    Haller
    Anderson
    Fornals
    Yarmolenko
    Fredericks
    Lucas Perez

Hardly shocking signings. You could argue, other than Lucas Perez who has gone, all of those would make our strongest first 11 when on form.

Sanchez and Roberto have turned out to be very bad signings, but the intention was for neither of them to play. They were squad fillers, nothing more.

Wilshere was a gamble, we all knew that.

Pretty poor show if they don’t make funds available on the grounds of Husillos record, which is far from poor.
  • What’s the point though of signing any player though who can’t sustain form even for a reasonable period of time?

For me, a player who is good on paper but doesn’t deliver accordingly is still a bad signing
  • edited December 2019

What’s the point though of signing any player though who can’t sustain form even for a reasonable period of time?

For me, a player who is good on paper but doesn’t deliver accordingly is still a bad signing

Problem is, if they are a good player & do deliver, they don’t remain here long. Only have to look at Payet & Arnie for that. We hardly lost them to stellar clubs.

Our only hope of building a side is by signing good players who are inconsistent, & hoping that the consistent games outweigh the inconsistent ones enough for us to finish in that top 1/3 of clubs.
  • Lukerz

:ok:

Departures happen and need not be a bad thing necessarily. Sometimes you need to cash in, re-invest and continue evolving the squad. The problem is, we as a club have often been “carried” by mavericks. Everyone else almost becomes a side show. Then said maverick will know this, and together with their agent will make mischief. Then the club is stuffed. Ridiculous that after agents fees etc, we probably made a loss on Arnie. Look at Maguire at Leicester. It was never all about him, so when they sold, the club held the upper hand and took delight in taking £80m off Man Utd.
  • Barracks I agree if he’s worth £80 million diop his worth 100 but only levy would get that
  • Apparently we’re in for a Finnish International by the name of Santa but he is demanding quite a few clauses in his contract.
  • DJ, but if we get him, he's bound to sleigh the opposition. :yercoat:
  • He still has to pass all the elf checks
  • Hopefully he'll be a Christmas cracker :doh:
  • Better than wiseman, Jesus and carol
  • Cuz1 said:

Better than wiseman, Jesus and carol

You forgot King
  • edited December 2019
    You also forgot

Gold

Frank incensed

and Mur(tagh)