other PL games this weekend 25th Oct onwards

This discussion was created from comments split from: Couldn’t think.... part three.

Comments

• When do we play Southampton? :whistle:
  • When do we play Leicester :sofa:
  • Double figures on the cards here.
  • Jealous of this Leicester team. We're crying out for a Tielemans and Maddison :weep:
  • edited October 2019
    I'm amazed nobody could think of a suitable thread for these comments. :hmm:

Must be why I get paid the big bucks. :wahoo:
  • Four traffic-strewn hours to bring my Saints fan son to his first game for a first half like that. Football is cruel. So cruel.

Mike S, Watchet.
  • I saw that on the B B C :lol:
  • It just doesn’t seem right that Pulis is performing a match summariser role commenting on a performance like Leicester’s
  • Suddenly being a Hammer isn't so bad
  • You have to say, Leicester really do have something special running deep through the veins of the entire club. They lose three of their best players in the last few seasons, yet here they are marching on relentlessly. The likes of Chilwell and Maddison would be mad to think about leaving them right now.
  • It just doesn’t seem right that Pulis is performing a match summariser role commenting on a performance like Leicester’s

But what about commenting on Southampton's.
  • They conceded 9, Mrs G so equally not really Pulis-esque either
  • Leicester paying tribute to their late chairman with a special performance two days short of the anniversary of the helicopter crash.
  • Imagine Perez scoring a hat trick against you :lol:
  • I've always liked him.
  • edited October 2019

Suddenly being a Hammer isn't so bad

I’m going to wait until 5pm tomorrow before agreeing with that quote! :lol:
  • Agree with IH re Perez, always thought he was a decent player in a poor Newcastle side, he is worth keeping an eye on this season IMO, feel he will prove himself as an excellent buy.
  • Not sure he’s a 30 million buy just yet tho
  • edited October 2019

They conceded 9, Mrs G so equally not really Pulis-esque either

:ok: I was thinking more that he should be commenting on how they haven't been resilient in defence, something that Pulis has ample experience of. Being defensively-minded, I mean.
  • edited October 2019
    Shipped in 9 (nine)

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
  • Hamstew said:

Imagine Perez scoring a hat trick against you :lol:

Bookmarked for 28th December...
  • edited October 2019

You have to say, Leicester really do have something special running deep through the veins of the entire club. They lose three of their best players in the last few seasons, yet here they are marching on relentlessly.

A bit of an overstatement? :hmm:

I'm imagining you are identifying the 3 players as Kante, Mahrez (last season) Maguire (only left at the start of this season). Maybe you mean Drinkwater :wink:

They kept Vardy, though.

The players (allegedly) got Ranieri sacked by complaining about him behind his back.
    They are on their 4th manager in 4 seasons
    They've finished 12th, 9th and 9th.

Yes, they did well the season they were in the Champions League.

But I wouldn't characterise it as 'something special through the veins of the entire club' .... but that's just me.

• Although there is something special through the brylcreem filled fingers running through Perez's entire mane of hair...

Hey I just felt like typing it. As a footballer, Perez is ermm meh
  • I thinks we need a mods conference over this.
  • edited October 2019

Agree with IH re Perez, always thought he was a decent player in a poor Newcastle side, he is worth keeping an eye on this season IMO, feel he will prove himself as an excellent buy.

I really don't think he was. He had a good spell but a fan I listen to on a podcast and one I work with really didn't rate him at his time there. He may very well go on to be excellent of course.
  • edited October 2019
    Btw if anyone wants a footy podcast to listen to I highly recommend "the football ramble"
  • Considering that the young England lads barely play 5 minutes for their teams (Tomori etc) before a call up, Foden (despite his lack of minutes) should so be in the squad. If only to acclimatize him. Hes a mix of David and Bernardo Silva and must be learning even more from them. Hes the stand out young English creative/skillful player we're crying out for. Its selfish of Pep to not allow him out on loan (to us).