Home to the blunts, Saturday 29th October, 15:00

edited October 2019 in Match Threads
Well, we really need to wake up for this one and put this lot back into their place.

COYI COYI COYI

Comments

• We must smash them.
  • No thank you. Next.
  • Sheffield United is a tidy team that works hard, they feel like a bit of a Burnley.

Don't think West Ham have the fight or guts at the moment to match Sheff Utd's work rate. its going to need a piece of quality to win this game.

Expect Sheffield United to turn the game into a scrap which is just going to frustrate us to no end.
  • We are having the first four game of last season form now it seems , wake up and win
  • Their defence is pretty tight and our attack a bit toothless. Unless we get a penalty I can't see us getting anything from this.
  • If they can't get motivated for this fixture then which one can they?
    Noble needs to show true leadership on the field and, just as importantly, in the dressing room. They need to understand just how significant this game is given the history between us and the Blunts.
    For that reason, I think Snodgrass with his Scots temperament should play and show the passion that was missing last Saturday.
    Can you imagine the flak we'll get from all and sundry if we lose this. Defeat is not an option. :nonono:
  • In spite of our problems I have this down as an effective if not inspiring 2-0 win for us
  • Hamstew said:

No thank you. Next.

Someone is a secret Arianna fan?
  • Hamstew said:

No thank you. Next.

Someone is a secret Arianna fan?
    What's one of those?
  • Bubbles the history is irrelevant. Only Noble was here at the time and none of the Blunts.
    It’s all down to our attitude and application. Nothing else.
  • :angry: Hate the blunts ..........Also hate c.p,man u,Liverpool,Chelsea,stupid spuds .Well i could go on but think you get my drift.
  • Thorn, if the history is irrelevant, explain the enmity between us and Millscum.
  • History aside, there are few certainties in football. Millwall will always be scum is one of those certainties!
  • Bubbles that’s history between the fans. Do you really think that any of our players could give a wosname about what happened 12 years ago. Most of our players were still at school.
  • ... in other countries.
  • Never mind the players not caring, am I the only fan who couldn’t give a monkeys about Sheffield United :puzzled:

I’m no more interested in them than I am any other random team from Yorkshire.
  • Don’t matter to me ref my feelings 3 points his 3 points and that’s more important to me
  • This is not going to be an easy game, they've not lost away this season, beat Everton, drew at Bournemouth, Chelsea and Watford.

As long as Yarmolenko starts I'll be quietly confident.
  • I’ve said it before.

I’ll say it again.

If we don’t win this I’ll need to be locked in a secure room.

Him_indoors may have to call SWAT.
  • This week it’s Rice talking about how they need to put in a massive performance to beat the Blunts. Cue a complete non appearance to make themselves look fools.
  • I will turn up for this one .However if the team have not bothered to turn up in the first 15 mins.then i wont bother to hang around .
  • There is undeniable history between our two clubs but for me it is based on a dislike of three people who were instrumental or vocal at the time, McCabe, Warnock and Sean Bean failing any of those being involved Its hard to get angry after so long. I would still hate Arsenal however if Willie Young was still there also.
  • edited October 2019
    Roberto
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Snodgrass - Noble - Rice - Anderson
    Yarmolenko
    Haller

Martin, Balbuena, Cresswell, Wilshere, Fornals, Lanzini, Ajeti

I personally would push Yarmolenko up in support of Haller, more as a 4-4-1-1. Haller has been too isolated of late with the current set up. Yarmo is in form with his goal scoring.

We need Masuaku in as there is no pace in this side currently without Antonio. We need the full-backs to contribute more. I want more from Fredericks too. He is far too safe when he gets forward.
  • Reckon he needs to go to a Diamond formation.
  • based on a dislike of three people who were instrumental or vocal at the time, McCabe, Warnock and Sean Bean

I bet you enjoyed episode 9 series 1 of Game of Thrones...
    Lukerz said:

I personally would push Yarmolenko up in support of Haller, more as a 4-4-1-1. Haller has been too isolated of late with the current set up. Yarmo is in form with his goal scoring

Yarmolenko is in form and scoring goals playing in his preferred position out wide on the right so I'd leave him there.
  • Roberto
    Diop Balbuena Ogbonna
    Fredericks Rice Noble Masuaku
    Yarmolenko Haller Anderson
  • Cressers fit for this, apparently. (source: Pelle's presser)
  • Roberto
    Diop Balbuena Ogbonna
    Fredericks Rice Noble Masuaku
    Yarmolenko Haller Anderson

When has Pellegrini ever played 3 at the back?
This discussion has been closed.