Everton v West Ham, 12:30pm Saturday 19th October 2019

Well someone had to do it!

The last four league games the Toffees have lost 4, conceded 9 and scored 2.

Silva is evens favourite to be the next manager to get sacked.

I'm going to be watching this at home with a cup of tea because I start work at 4:37pm so I can't have a beer.

What could possibly go wrong?

Comments

• Put them to the sword. Burn their ships with Greek fire and plough their lands with salt.

Failing that I would settle for a 0-0 draw.
  • Yarmo double. COYI
  • IronHerb said:

Yarmo double. COYI

3-2 loss
  • This is set up perfectly for West Ham to go full West Ham. Playing a team in dreadful form and in the relegation zone, live on national television.

I can see nothing beyond a comfortable home win.
  • edited October 2019
    Lawro has predicted a 2-1 loss so we've got a good chance.

Pellegrini says that Rice has recovered from the virus with only Reid, Antonio and Fabianski unavailable so I'd expect the same line up as last time.

Seamus Coleman is suspended so Djibril Sidibe (on loan from Monaco) will start at RB (BBC).

Fabian Delph withdrew from the England squad with a hamstring so unless Silva abandons the 4-2-3-1 he's played every game this season we'll probably see Andre Gomes or Tom Davies start alongside Schneiderlin as the midfield 2 (Liverpool Echo)

Referee is Martin Atkinson
  • What could possibly go wrong :hmm:

Digne, Mina, Keane, Sig and Kean not scored in league this season. Outside of that and our dreadful record there (apart from the recent win there of course) surely nothing

Positives...
    Lukaku isnt playing
    They arent Liverpool

Anyway, us real scousers hate Everton so a West Ham win over Everton and a Liverpool one over ManU is a weekend dream double :run:
  • Liverpool, founded in 1892, were an afterthought in terms of Merseyside football clubs.

Everton were founded in 1878, Tranmere in 1884.
  • Liverpool FC were founded by the owner of Anfield who rented the ground to Everton. There was a dispute over the rent, Everton moved to Goodison so he created a football team to replace them.

And while I've met plenty of Liverpool fans that weren't Scousers I've never met a Toffee who wasn't.
  • edited October 2019
    Saved the best til last ;)

#Lord have Mersey
  • Don't you love Google.

Apparently the owner of Anfield was also a brewer and insisted that only his beers could be sold in the ground.

When Everton left he tried to keep the name but the League wouldn't let him, however Everton had left a load of old kit behind (blue and white halves) and the new team played in those colours until 1896 when they switched to red.

Everton played in red 1890-92, then sky blue 1892-1901 before finally settling on royal blue.
  • Going to this one ,last time I went we won 3-2 after being 2-0 down and Lukaku missed a penalty
  • Ex implying there is a surprise or two with the line-up, so don’t expect an unchanged side.
  • No Haller I reckon
  • edited October 2019
    Couple of injuries Ex says.

Cresswell came off against Palace so maybe he is one? Masuaku In.

Fredericks is another who picks up a lot of knocks. Zab in?

I think if it was Haller we would know. My money is on the full-backs.
  • Sigh.

This is where our squad depth comes into question. If it's Haller that's injured, our team becomes significantly weaker. If it's Rice, our team becomes significantly weaker. If it's Anderson, Yarmolenko, Diop...

If we go into this game with Snodgrass on the wing or Sanchez in midfield in particular, our chances of winning are significantly reduced, IMO.
  • edited October 2019
    :weep:

WHEN????

Pelle said on Friday morning that everybody was fine, back from international duty etc.
  • Cresswell will be one.

He went off crocked against Palace & has been quite brittle the last few years.

Just depends who the other one is. The position we can probably cope with is if it's one of the three behind Haller.
  • Lanzini? #sicknote

:wink:
  • edited October 2019
    On Thursday Pellegrini said everyone was fine apart from the obvious three and the BBC website said
    Aaron Cresswell and Robert Snodgrass are also available following knocks
    So if there are any injuries then they must have happened in training yesterday.
  • It’s important whatever side we have out we go for the game from the off & put them under the pressure they will be feeling. We cannot allow them to settle by sitting off them. Must get at them when we have the ball & ask them questions. If we sit off we’ll go 1-0 down, the crowd will back them & they’ll gain confidence.
  • Thinking Fornals for Yarmo and Arthur for Cresswell

#crystal ball...
  • Yarmolenko benched as a precaution, according to Ex
  • It’s so annoying only having 3 wingers in the squad. We’re now down to 1 winger. Definitely something to address in January or, more likely, next summer.
  • edited October 2019
    Not really any damage done there.

Think we all prefer Masuaku over Cresswell now anyway.

If we play well & are focused, there is no reason why we can’t win this.
  • Time for Fornals to show us why we signed him. :coyi:
  • Sat in a bar drinking Efes and deciding what to have for lunch.

Prime position in front of the TV :

This discussion has been closed.