West Ham vs Crystal Palace, 17.30, Saturday, 5th Oct

edited October 2019 in Match Threads
After an enthralling draw at the Vitality Stadium. West Ham step back onto home turf to take on a steady but dangerous Crystal Palace sitting one point behind West Ham in the table.

West Ham have a good record against the eagles and will be hoping to extend that record going into the late kick off on Saturday.

With question marks around Fabianski's injury. Roberto may get his first start for the hammers as West Ham look to kick on with their bright start to the season, looking to extend their unbeaten run since the opening days defeat.

Lineup predictions?
Score predictions?

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Lanzini in for Fornals, otherwise unchanged but the big question is whether Fabs is fit :pray:

We've not lost to Palace since February 2015 when Glenn Murray scored twice and got sent off (Mike Dean was referee so someone had to go).

Palace have collected more yellow cards than anyone other than Arsenal, both on 17, which isn't a surprise as they give away the most fouls per game, average 13.1.

Other than that we are going to stuff them because as per usual I'm working when we're on the telly!
  • Milivojevic (sp?) banned for this game as he has picked up 5 yellows.

Before the end of September :nonono:
  • That makes their yellow card tally not quite as bad, just 12 for the rest of the team. Milivojevic also averages 2.7 fouls per game so he's certainly been busy.
  • During the Bournemouth game the commentator on my stream was saying how Jefferson Lerma has had 32 yellows in his last 63 games :nonono:
  • John Moncur form.
  • Lerma got another yellow on Saturday bringing his total to 4 yellows in 7 matches so far this season.

That makes a total of 16 in 39 while at Bournemouth (2.43 games per card)

In three seasons at Levante he accumulated 36 in 93 (2.58)

At Atletico Huila in Colombia it was just 10 in 49 (4.9)

A total of 62 yellows in 181 matches.
  • I don't think the outfield 10 need much change.

BUT. The biggest issue, as others have said, is whether or not Fab will play.

I can't even begin to image how many points he has saved us since he's joined.

Palace will get a penalty, so our defense really needs to do 'on it'.

• I predict controversy; VAR, maybe a red card and maybe a penalty too.

Our full-backs have a tough task dealing with their wingers and I'm sure they'll cause us a few problems on the counter. Having said that, I think we should beat them 2-1.

Fornals is improving each game so part of me feels we should start him and bring Lanzini into the game but then another part of me feels Lanzini should start as he's currently the better player. Lanzini also seems to do well against Palace.
  • Roberto
    Freddie - Issa - Oggy - Cressie
    Rice - Nobes
    Felipe - Manu - Yarmo
    Seb

As you can see I know them all personally :biggrin:

Martin, Zabba, General, Snoddie, Fornals, Ajeti

2-0 home win.

COYI
  • Is there anything official about Fab. Seeing the words hip? thigh and out for months!!
  • Roberto
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Rice - Noble
    Yarmolenko - Lanzini - Anderson
    Haller

Martin, Balbuena, Masuaku, Wilshere, Snodgrass, Fornals, Ajeti
  • IronHerb said:

Roberto
    Freddie - Issa - Oggy - Cressie
    Rice - Nobes
    Felipe - Manu - Yarmo
    Seb

As you can see I know them all personally :biggrin:

Martin, Zabba, General, Snoddie, Fornals, Ajeti

2-0 home win.

COYI

You clearly don't. Manu likes being called Babes. Maybe that's just by me :hmm:
  • Wasn't Babe a bit of a pig

:whistle:

:run:

:sofa:
  • As long as he don’t grunt when you ask for a autograph
  • Please please please please please win :pray:
    Loss
  • Lawro predicts we'll win 2-0. So, that's a Zaha hat trick...
  • Win this and we are flying high COYI
  • Lawro predicts we'll win 2-0. So, that's a Zaha hat trick...

It's not just that he predicts us to win, he says nice things as well. Obviously a case of Invasion of the Body Snatchers :nonono:
  • If Lawro has predicted that we will win, then it is certain that we will lose. :doh:

• He had us down to beat the mancs ............. and we did :thumbsup:
  • Is Lawro aware that Fab isn’t playing?
  • Is Lawro aware of anything?

• I haven't seen Roberto play a full game. The goals against Oxford he looked very poor but I guess that's not a fair Judgement.

But Fabs has been maybe the best GK this season so far, so certainly weakens us..

If Fab is 10 how much is Roberto? Whats he weak areas?

:hmm:
  • His gloves, after the second goal put his head in his hands and dropped it
  • Get outta here..... :lol:
  • Thanks that's helpful... :tumbleweed:
  • edited October 2019
    Cuz1 said:

His gloves, after the second goal put his head in his hands and dropped it

Not his head in his 🥊
  • My money is on a good performance a couple of well taken goals and dodgy penalty against us, we then look to be in control with a great defensive display but with two minutes to go Zaha who has been kept in his place all game performs a ridiculous piece of individual skill to snatch them a draw.
  • Beware Palace. Third best away record in the league since December 2018.

They are perfectly set up to be an away side & Zaha always has a game winning performance in him.
  • Agreed. I think they can be a dangerous team. They certainly have a match winner in Zaha.
This discussion has been closed.