Next 8 games - The View from the Top or Miles From Nowhere?

28-Sep Bournemouth vs West Ham
05-Oct West Ham vs Crystal Palace
19-Oct Everton vs West Ham
26-Oct West Ham vs Sheffield United
02-Nov West Ham vs Newcastle United
09-Nov Burnley vs West Ham
23-Nov West Ham vs Tottenham
30-Nov Chelsea vs West Ham

As always, this is NOT a prediction thread. The question is:

What is the minimum points total, at the end of this run of games, which would make you feel, that'll do?

I'd hope to see at least 13 from that lot.

Comments

• edited September 2019
    12 will do me from that.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't win at least three of those, and equally disappointed if we lost any more than two.
  • I’d be disappointed if we didn’t win half and avoid defeat in a couple more, to be honest.

So 14.
  • I think 13 for me. I know we've started well and this is a good run of fixtures, BUT I can't bring myself to expect us to win more than half of our games.

When I look at those games, there are 3 home matches that I would be really disappointed if we didn't win, and across the first 3 away matches if we didn't win at least won I'd be very disappointed. Then, as always, I don't expect anything from games against the 'big' teams, but I'd be gutted if we didn't get at least a point from Spurs at home and Chelsea away.
  • 12 for me.
  • 12 for me. Those are some tough away games. Everton and Burnley have good home records and Bournemouth games are always crazy.
  • 10. Anything less a disappointment. Anything more a bonus.
  • 14 or 15 for me
  • 14 :thumbsup:
  • 12 for sure. 4 wins in a patchy spell of form. This season has been all over the place for many teams, so I'd be happy if we managed 14 points and stayed in the top 6.
  • 12 will do for me. 1.5 points per game seems a good average. I expect Alderz will have something to say about that!

• Sixteen as we need to fulfil the expectations of some of the pundits who feel we should finish in the top 6.
  • 13 for me as well. Should win at least 3 of our home games. Maybe sneak an away win as well. Yep 13 is a reasonable ask.
  • I’d be happy with 12 or above
  • edited September 2019
    Deanscale

1.5 pts per game on average equates to a 57 point final total. In the last 9 seasons this has been enough for 8th in all bar one year, and was good enough for 7th last year and the year before that. (The 5 years before that, it was 60+) It has never been enough for 6th in the last 9 years, so, on past seasons, would see us outside the guaranteed European places.

That said, the way the teams outside the top 2 are performing, the points total for 6th could well be lower this season.
  • 14 for me, This is a decent run of fixtures and we are entering them on a bit of a high, I am looking for 4 wins, a couple of draws and a couple of slip ups.

If we can beat 14 then that should set us up for a great season, however, this is West Ham we are talking about here.
  • I'd be happy with three wins and two draws from this lot. So 11 points. Anything better would be great, we could be looking at 20 points or so if we continue playing well but this is West Ham and if history has taught us one lesson it is that the bubble always bursts when we think we have rounded the corner.
  • 2 wins, 5 draws and lose to Chelski = 11 minimum
  • Deanscale

1.5 pts per game on average equates to a 57 point final total. In the last 9 seasons this has been enough for 8th in all bar one year, and was good enough for 7th last year and the year before that. (The 5 years before that, it was 60+) It has never been enough for 6th in the last 9 years, so, on past seasons, would see us outside the guaranteed European places.

That said, the way the teams outside the top 2 are performing, the points total for 6th could well be lower this season.

Thanks for this great work! If we finish this season in the top 8 with no relegation worries at any stage I'd consider that good progress for us.
  • To be fair we 3 from top “at present “
    We normally 4th from bottom
    :bubbles:
    COYI
  • I think I’d be ok with 12
  • edited September 2019

I think I’d be ok with 12

I think asafp 42 points will do me,
    And skeletons can get lost.
  • 18 for me then I'd know we are truly on the right track
  • 2 points from the first 4 games. Only another 10 from the next 4 to get to the 12 points I was fine with!
  • 42 points asap please coz we take injuries
  • Unfortunately we can't get 14 points from the next 4 games so my hopes of 16 are going to have to be reassessed, much like my aspirations for the season as a whole, which in October is really disappointing. It is getting to the point where I should be past caring, as the team nor manager appear based on the last few performances not to be bothered.
    Comments on here have criticised Leicester for changing their manager too often but how they are currently playing and where they are in the league are their players that much better than our first x1?
  • No fortune not at all but they have god in charge so that must help :lol: