Oxford United v West Ham 25/09/19, 19.45pm. Carabao Cup 3rd Rd. Time to graduate into the 4th Round.

Hi, me again. :biggrin:

Time to rest a few and get everyone a game under their belt.
So-
Roberto
Zab, Diop, Balbuena, Johnson
Sanchez, Noble
Snoddie, Wilshire, Fornals
Ajeti

A strong bench to back this up if required.

Oxford come off the back of a 6-0 away win against a Lincoln side reeling from the loss of a popular manager.

3-0 to the Hammers.

COYI

Comments

• Johnson has missed the last three U23 games, which suggests he's not fit. I'd expect to see Cresswell carry on at left back and Masuaku to return for the Bournemouth game.

I'd give Noble a rest and have Wilshere alongside Rice (Sanchez can have the last 30 minutes if we're comfortably ahead) and I'd give Holland a start on the wing, too.

Roberto
    Zaba Diop Balbuena Cresswell
    Rice Wilshere
    Snodgrass Fornals Holland
    Ajeti

Martin, Masuaku, Cardoso, Noble, Sanchez, Anderson, Haller
  • edited September 2019
    I'd like to see Holland get a go also
  • As OCS except Cardoso for Diop, Coventry for Rice, Sanchez for Fornals, Wilshere plays AM.

I'd keep Fornals on the bench just in case Lanzini isn't going to be fit for Bournemouth.
  • Johnson has missed the last three U23 games, which suggests he's not fit. I'd expect to see Cresswell carry on at left back and Masuaku to return for the Bournemouth game.

I'd give Noble a rest and have Wilshere alongside Rice (Sanchez can have the last 30 minutes if we're comfortably ahead) and I'd give Holland a start on the wing, too.

Roberto
    Zaba Diop Balbuena Cresswell
    Rice Wilshere
    Snodgrass Fornals Holland
    Ajeti

Martin, Masuaku, Cardoso, Noble, Sanchez, Anderson, Haller

Rice has played quite a bit of football recently when you consider he also played on international duty. I'd give him a rest and play Sanchez. Other than that, I agree with your team choice.
  • Roberto
    Zabaleta - Balbuena - Diop - Cresswell
    Sanchez - Wilshere
    Snodgrass - Fornals - Anderson
    Ajeti
  • Unless players do genuinely need rests, I'd put out as strong as team a possible.

Good league form should mean we can take the cups even more seriously. For all the talk of challenging for top 6 (still a long shot for us, IMO), I'd rather we give everything to win cups, even if we end up finishing mid-table.

Qualifying for the Europa League is a bit of a 'who cares?' for me. Winning a cup is something I've never experienced as a West Ham fan.
  • I do get that jorderz but I believe the chance is there for a top six finish as well,I have seen us win silverware but in them days squads were smaller and they played more games but the financial side of things now premier league payments and all that means we can’t play our best players all the time, they don’t make em like they used to :lol:
  • Jorderz, you were probably to young to witness seeing the Hammers win the biggest prize in football of them all, when we won the World Cup in 1966.

• I have seen us win lots of things. World Cup, couple of FA cups, an inter toto thing Dorothy. And a lovely day out at Wembley winning promotion and a dreadful day in Cardiff. I love a cup run, fun exciting and way more interesting than finishing 12th 13th or 14th. But somewhere in there is a balance point. Doing something is better than doing nothing.
  • We havent seen much rotation in recent weeks, so I think we will see more of the squad

Roberto
    Zab Balbuena Ogbonna Cresswell
    Snodgrass Rice Wilshere
    Holland Ajeti Fornals
  • edited September 2019
    Reckon he will start Masuaku and go for Creswell against Bournemouth.
    Is Johnson injured ? if not I can see him playing instead of Zabaleta.
    Potentially Cardoso may get a start alongside Balbuena instead of Ogbonna to.

Roberto
    Zab Balbuena Ogbonna Masuaku
    Snodgrass Sanchez Wilshere
    Holland Ajeti Fornals
  • Looking forward to seeing Ajeti again tonight. Hope he gets a goal and can start knocking on the door for PL games, too.

Feels like we only have one striker at the moment, and Haller still looks off the pace after the 65-70 minute mark to me.
  • Is the game on TV?
  • Never mind just seen Grey thread... :weep:
  • So me and Mrs IH are in the hotel on the Kassam stadium complex. Fortunately there is a cinema included so Mrs IH will be watching Downton while I’m at the match. I have to add in a visit to the Nuffield Museum, Mrs IH loves a bit of Art Deco, on the way home. Love it when a plan comes together. COYI
  • Holland starts according to Ex
  • Roberto
    Zabaleta - Balbuena - Diop - Masuaku
    Sanchez - Snodgrass
    Fornals - Wilshere - Holland
    Ajeti

Rumoured team tonight...
  • I thought we were meant to be on tv tonight? Did I dream it?
  • I didn't know Rob Hall was still at Oxford.
  • It’s either age, medication or just wishful thinking.
  • Who nicked the stand?
  • Oops, photo won’t load :doh:
  • 5 Live - between 21:00 and 21:35 covered Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd twice, Scottish League Cup and Women's CL before mentioning our game.

#choppedliver
  • edited September 2019

From the BBC's coverage of tonight's games.

If only we had him tonight, when we are playing Oxford. :doh:
  • Mentioned twice on BBC so far and both complementing Holland...
  • Shame he's in Milton Keynes :lol:
  • The radio commentary is on TV channel 721 on radio London digital.
  • sounds like Oxford getting close
  • Thought he was in Germany :lol: