West Ham v Man Utd H Sun 22 September 2pm. Do the Mata Matics and it adds up to a win for us.

Starting to get writers block after going five unbeaten but who'd of thought this would happen?

Cresswell in for Arthur is the only change I can see us making for another winnable game. Rashford and his pace is the biggest threat but United have lost their aura, which was a big weapon in the past, and comes of the back of a Europa Thursday.

The London Stadium should be up for this, as should West Ham.

2-1 Hammers.

COYI

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Daniel James is nippy down the left.

But I think we can get something from this, at home. Man U don't scare me none :scary:
  • How many pens will they get as it seems a lot atm.
  • That was the 1 in my predicted score. :biggrin:
  • So what you're saying is that they'll get 2 pens?

# Pogba takes one
  • Rashford takes 2 :whistle:
  • edited September 2019
    Cresswell or Zaba at left back will get targeted by Rashford, Martial and James and will be our biggest weakness. I'd be tempted to play Johnson there for this one.

We registered one shot on target last night, so we're still not there as an attacking force. Anderson seems to prefer playing at home so hopefully home to Man U will motivate him more than Villa away seemed to; he could be key if he turns up.

I'd find a place on the bench for Holland, possibly for Snodgrass. His pace and direct play could be very handy later on in the game.

Cagey 1-1 I reckon.
  • Johnson's real position is on the right. I'm surprised you think an inexperienced and out-of-position player is a better option than either Cresswell or Zabaleta, tbh.
  • I get that they’d be targeted for lack of pace, but Johnson would be targeted for lack of experience in exactly the same way.

I’d have Cresswell in 100%
  • edited September 2019
    alderz said:

I get that they’d be targeted for lack of pace, but Johnson would be targeted for lack of experience in exactly the same way.

I’d have Cresswell in 100%

Johnson made his debut against Man City away.... facing Raheem Sterling and still playing well. He also played Man City in pre-season and played well too.

He's not had one first team match where I felt he was making mistake after mistake while unfortunately Cresswell has (based on his most recent performances for us).

For me it's between Zabaleta and Johnson. I'd be leaning more towards Johnson but it's a close one.

Also, it's worth considering that Anderson thrives off movement from our other players. He benefitted greatly from Masuaku's overlapping runs. Without Masuaku in the team, we need someone who can overlap Anderson on our attacks.
  • MrsGrey said:

Johnson's real position is on the right. I'm surprised you think an inexperienced and out-of-position player is a better option than either Cresswell or Zabaleta, tbh.

My ten month old son is a better option than Cresswell.

My concern is how easily he gets skinned by pretty much anyone now, and when he gets out of position his tracking back is woeful, so yeah, I'd rather play Johnson who, despite his inexperience, at least has some pace and can get goalside of his man.

Zaba isn't as big a concern, and I think Pellegrini will probably start him at left-back, but his lack of pace will be shown up by Man U's forwards.
  • MrsGrey said:

Johnson's real position is on the right. I'm surprised you think an inexperienced and out-of-position player is a better option than either Cresswell or Zabaleta, tbh.

I don’t believe this for a second. No offence to your son, but babies can’t stand let alone kick.

#fakenews
  • Babies can kick though.
  • Mine has kicked me a lot. I’m starting to take it quite personally.
  • alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

I don’t believe this for a second. No offence to your son, but babies can’t stand let alone kick.

#fakenews
    With respect alderz, you've not actually met my son so can't possibly know that.

I took him up the park for a kick around this weekend just gone

• If I were OGS, I would be switching James to play on Cresswell’s wing - he will take him to the cleaners.

Other than that we should be looking for a positive outcome from this game. I’d be very disappointed if we didn’t at least get a draw.
  • Ref appointed, Anthony Taylor.
  • MrsGrey said:

Ref appointed, Anthony Taylor.

Oh for...
  • edited September 2019
    ... a muse of fire?
  • ... the wings of a dove?
  • alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

#fakenews
    With respect alderz, you've not actually met my son so can't possibly know that.

I took him up the park for a kick around this weekend just gone

With respect, OCS, your son and I are actually best friends.
  • My son's best friend right now is actually a plastic spoon. Goes everywhere with him. So unless you're identifying as cutlery...
  • I wonder what decision will go against us this time.
  • Has Pogba scored a penalty yet this season? If not, it'll be a contentious handball penalty that he scores despite three Man U players encroaching.
  • I could be wrong but this questioning of Zaba due to his pace, I thought I saw somewhere that he was still one of our fastest players.
  • But thats not necessarily a good thing Vorse.
  • I could be wrong but this questioning of Zaba due to his pace, I thought I saw somewhere that he was still one of our fastest players.

I think for a little while last season he had recorded the fastest sprint of anyone in the team. Don't think that means he's the fastest overall but also shows he does have some legs when he needs it. He also looked pretty fast yesterday, even if it was against tired legs it's still impressive at his age.

I don't think he's a liability because of his speed going, just not as good as he used to be.
  • Herb in terms of how slow the rest of our players are?

Outcast certainly not as good as he was, which is why he is with us... 🤪

I think we have to go with him as first chance, if he is no good then we can move on...

Apart from him it’s a kid or Cresswell or I suppose we could move Reid there, we bought him as a RB... non those options is better than giving Zab the chance I think.
  • He wasn't given another year's contract to sit on the bench.
  • Hoping to keep the unbeaten streak going. But hoping to see a lot more from our front 4 in creating a few more chances.