Aston Villa A Mon 16th Sept 8pm. Will Anderson turn the Heaton Villa?

Into September with 7 points in the bag and our next game away to Villa. Who could wish for more?

Hopefully the same starting X1 as against Norwich. Villa at home won't be straightforward but if we can maintain the Norwich form then this again is a winnable game. I'll be in attendance for this one and travel in the belief that we will win 3-1.

Comments

• One of my favorite away grounds.

3-1 away win :wahoo:
  • I will never give their ultras ( The West Midlands OB) the pleasure of my company again, absolute thugs to women and kids a few years ago.
    Hope we muller ‘em.
  • 1-2

Haller and a Noble penalty (the FA owe us one)

Not sure have a great deal for us to worry about from what I've seen of them so far, but we certainly can't afford to be complaicent.
  • Haller and a Noble penalty (the FA owe us one)

Why?
  • Just entered the ballot for this one :wahoo:

Why?
    Did you not see the stonewaller we weren't given on Saturday?

Why?
    Did you not see the stonewaller we weren't given on Saturday?
    I did but what does that have to do with the FA?
  • In case we don't beat Villa.... Just a reminder than there's always another team struggling more than ours with longer suffering supporters :whistle:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49670484
  • Charlie Nicholas has it down as 2-1 Villa. Also thinks people are too excited about Declan as he reckons he’s clumsy and prone to mistakes.
  • Wow the media really seem to have it in for Rice. I guess it has to be someone now they have left Sterling alone for 5 minutes.
  • Charlie Nicholas has it down as 2-1 Villa. Also thinks people are too excited about Declan as he reckons he’s clumsy and prone to mistakes.

Amazing given he watches none of our games
  • Lawton has it 2-1 too
  • Hamstew said:

Wow the media really seem to have it in for Rice. I guess it has to be someone now they have left Sterling alone for 5 minutes.

Not all. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/11/england-errors-kosovo-gareth-southgate

Para 3, refers to his error. Last para takes a balanced view.
  • No not all. Bit it does seem like I've been defending him to most people I speak to
  • Hamstew said:

Wow the media really seem to have it in for Rice. I guess it has to be someone now they have left Sterling alone for 5 minutes.

Good, then perhaps there will be no bids for him in January :thumbsup:
  • Hamstew said:

No not all. Bit it does seem like I've been defending him to most people I speak to

Did it do any good?
  • I told them that they didn't understand football so I felt better.
  • I got tickets in the ballot for this and now I can't go which is good news for a few of my mates who are now going COYI My last visit to Villa 2006 we won 2-1 Harewood and Zamora scoring Hendrie for Villa
  • Lukerz said:

Charlie Nicholas has it down as 2-1 Villa. Also thinks people are too excited about Declan as he reckons he’s clumsy and prone to mistakes.

Amazing given he watches none of our games
    Makes me want Merson back doing Sky previews and that's saying something :lol:

• edited September 2019
    The mistake by Rice happened 8 metres inside the Kosovo half, it's not as if he passed it to the Kosovan player just outside the penalty area. The rest of the England defence should have prevented the goal.
  • edited September 2019
    it was a bad mistake irrespective of what the rest of the team could have done..

Maguire mistake was worse..

It was a weird game I thought, the Kosovo style is naive and we seem to get sucked into it...
  • Regarding Declan the scrutiny and attention he is getting is just reflecting his elevated status now and he will need show he can deal with it if he wants become a regular international and top player. Once you make that leap to the national team its impossible to be under the radar any longer. The amount of attention Gazza and Rooney had at a young age was unimaginable. He is not in their league of course but he will certainly get a taste of that now he is playing for England.

As for Villa a great chance to pick up where we left off and take three away points, I hope we will take all three but I think we may have to settle for a draw. I cant see us coming away with nothing however.
  • edited September 2019
    Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Rice - Noble
    Yarmolenko - Lanzini - Anderson
    Haller

This is the sort of game in the past we would lose. We’ve just gained momentum with 3 wins & a draw in our last 4 games, a reasonably settled side, no injuries to that 11 since we got our win at Watford (touch wood) & now a game away at a newly promoted side that we all kinda fancy our chances at, several players have been away travelling with their national side, so there is a risk, adding all that together, we could see a sluggish West Ham.

Going to be a tough game. But Villa have lost to both Bournemouth & Palace this season, so they are certainly nothing to fear. But then when Everton turned up, similar level to us, they won 2-0.

Looking forward to watching it on Monday.
  • I would like Balbuena for oggy, but I dont see Pellegrini changing it he obviously fancies Ogbonna

Same team as Lukerz
  • I hate Monday night games.
  • I like them as long as we aren't playing.
  • A win will take us joint 2nd COYI
  • Means nothing.
  • It's called bragging rights MrsG. Not the 'be all and end all' but enjoyable for the short period it lasts all the same.
This discussion has been closed.