Brighton v West Ham United - Lets Make Brighton Rock

Unhappy hunting ground with the formidable Glen Murray to deal with.

Brighton on a high after beating Watford and the Hammers on a low following the disappointing defeat to City. I shall be in attendance and cheering our side on to a 2-1 victory.....well that's the plan.
COYI

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Fabianski
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Masuaku
    Rice - Snodgrass
    Anderson - Wilshere - Lanzini
    Haller

Roberto, Reid, Zabaleta, Sanchez, Fornals, Yarmolenko, Antonio

1-1 - much better performance but a tough away game against a bogey side of ours.
  • edited August 2019
    Comfortable home win.

I think Brighton may be a different proposition under Potter and with Maupay they have a very dangerous forward.

Hopefully we'll see Fornals and Masuaku start. Haller needs much better service and those two will offer more than Antonio and Cresswell IMO. But I don't think Pellegrini will make those changes.

2-0 Brighton.
  • I'd like to see...

Fabianski
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop- Creswell (c)
    Wilshere- Rice - Snodgrass
    Anderson - Haller - Fornals

We need to stiffen up the midfield, Antonio and Lanzini were disappointing but...

...we'll probably get the same starting XI as Man City. We might get a draw (no Noble, no win).
  • Fab; Fredericks Balbuena Diop Masuaku; Rice Wilshere; Anderson Fornals Lanzini; Haller

I think that’s our first XI if everyone is fit, and I want to give it a proper try against i team I’d want to beat.

Rocky or Fab as captain for me
  • I think we’ll win comfortably.

I don’t know why. I really don’t.
  • I think we’ll win comfortably.

I don’t know why. I really don’t.

Because you’re a fool, Jordan. A gosh darned fool.

(I agree, by the way. And I’m also unsure why.)
  • Well that makes three of us :biggrin:
  • It’s simple we just have to win. :pray:
  • We haven't beaten Brighton since they were promoted (L3 D1) and Glenn Murray has scored in three games.

The last time we beat Brighton was in the Championship 2011/12.
  • Fabianski; Fredericks Balbuena Diop Masuaku; Rice Wilshere; Yarmolenko Fornals Anderson; Haller
  • OCS

I'd rather have Haller than Maupay.

It's not like we're short of attacking threat ourselves, is it?

If we keep it on the floor, I fancy us to pass our way through their back 3 on a regular basis.

0-3 West Ham (and anyone who plays Predictor will know how accurate I normally am with my predictions... :weep: )
  • edited August 2019

OCS

I'd rather have Haller than Maupay.

It's not like we're short of attacking threat ourselves, is it?

No, but Haller isn't up against our defence.

My point is, that as dangerous as our attacking threat is, Maupay can cause our defence big problems.
  • edited August 2019
    Our defence finished last season with some decent results; Man Utd 2-1 loss, Leicester 2-2, Spurs 0-1 win, Saints 3-0 win, 1-4 win at Watford. That was: Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Masuaku. We need to get that back four on the pitch. Yes, it is not watertight, but it is much better with Masuaku at LB because of his pace & attacking threat, whereas Cresswell now offers nothing.

I agree with alderz after thinking about it; Wilshere & Rice need another game or two together before we can consign it to the 'trash' folder. I am not convinced Wilshere can be a CM in a two, but let's go with it for now, bring Masuaku back in & give Fornals his start. Antonio & Yarmolenko on the bench as impact players, plus Hernandez & Ajeti. Zabaleta & Snodgrass as the other two options. Pelle has built an attacking side. We may as well go all out with it.
  • Feel like the gaffer has created an issue by naming Cresswell captain. Agree Arthur should start.
  • If the captain is home grown, it's between Rice, Antonio, Cresswell, Fredericks and Wilshere. :hmm: If it's the regulars, it's between Rice, Fab & Haller :hmm: Get fit soon, Marky! :ok:
  • Snodgrass Captain, experienced, busts a gut.
  • edited August 2019
    Nobles great asset as Captain, imo, is his work off the pitch, in the changing room, on the training ground, welcoming new players and kids coming through etc.. I see little influence on the pitch from him, and for that matter, most captains in the Prem which makes any great difference in the game itself. And this is nothing to do with performance just being Captain.
  • We don’t win much when he doesn’t play though.
  • Antonio gave Bernardo a tough time when we played Brighton last season. His pace (along with Fredericks) could cause them problems again.
  • Lukerz, We don't win much when he does play either. :lol:
  • Last season league games

Noble starts P29 W13 D5 L11 GF43 GA39

Noble doesn't start P9 W2 D2 L5 GF9 GA16

I know stats never tell the whole story but he did play some lovely passes last season.

Antonio gave Bernardo a tough time when we played Brighton last season. His pace (along with Fredericks) could cause them problems again.

Good point. Antonio on the right with Fredericks and Anderson on the left cos Cresswell needs help.
  • edited August 2019
    Haller and Anderson doubtful for Saturday, according to Pellegrini.

West Ham, that.
  • Simply unbelievable
  • Doubtful means they will play
  • I don't think it does. I think it means they won't.
  • Did it say doubtful? I though he's said small problems with
  • I don't think a decision has been made: 'small problems' and “We’ll see tomorrow ...we have some doubts."
  • “We also have small problems with Felipe Anderson and Sebastien Haller. They are recovering from the kicks that they had in the last game. That is the update on injuries.

“We’ll see tomorrow about Anderson and Haller, we have some doubts.”

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/august/15-august/team-news-pellegrini-offers-haller-anderson-and-wilshere-update
  • Hamstew said:

Simply unbelievable

Why? Are you expecting no injuries to any players all season?
  • MrsGrey said:

Hamstew said:

Simply unbelievable

Well it would be nice for once would it?

This discussion has been closed.