European Glory - Who's For it?

Come on Arsenal.

Comments

• No one I know wants Chelsea to win tonight :lol:
  • All English final with one Englishman on the pitch.
  • State of that stadium. What they need is a claret carpet
  • Looks like a motorway the other side of the pitch.
  • Arsenal on top - need to score.
  • Makes our stadium look compact
  • Imagine going all the way to Azerbaijan on a Wednesday night to watch this tripe
  • Arsenal on top for the first half hour, but Chelski right back in to it in the last 15.
  • Arsenal really don't fancy the Champions League next year, do they
  • It would be a long journey home from Stamford Bridge for Arsenal fans after a thrashing like this but from Azerbaijan
  • As if it was not bad enough to see Chelsea winning, we have Robbie Savage on comms. :weep:
  • It would be a long journey home from Stamford Bridge for Arsenal fans after a thrashing like this but from Azerbaijan

Assuming that they are not going home to Georgia, Dubai and Moscow.
  • Mrs Grey :biggrin:
  • This is now becoming on a par with the City Watford game
  • The hyperbolic drivel of this comms team is driving me nuts. Why will they not listen to what I'm telling them. After all, I'm shouting loudly enough.
  • Those who are going home to Georgia, Dubai and Moscow are already halfway home if they’re sitting in the back of those stands.

• Greeno European Champion
  • "European Glory - Who's For it?"

Errrrr what is it???

There was this thing that happened when I was 9 but it may be one of those false memories thingies, that you hear about, suggested by my dad? :puzzled:
  • MNLH,

Can Gold & Sullivan write a song for Eurovision? :whistle:
  • Intertoto cup heroes.

I’ll get my fleece.
  • MNLH

It did happen, I was there. Mind it was in black and white ;)
  • edited June 2019
    Tomorrow is the start of Ragnarok. Liverpool v Sp*rs in the Champions League Final. Let that sink in people. Imagine either set of fans after they win. Sunk in yet? Your nailed God cannot help you now. Start praying to Odin and Thor. Grab a beer and see you all in Valhalla! Skol!
    Oh, Who do I want to win? I’m praying for the asteroid #Ragnarok

What my mate posted on Facebook last night :biggrin:
  • I can live with Liverpool fans gloating. They've won it before recently. Spurs on the other hand would be simply unbearable
  • Agreed with Ham, even if Liverpool win tonight its another season where they failed to win the Premier League and for Spurs its another season where they failed to win anything at all.
  • Yeah, a bit like us. :whistle:
  • edited June 2019
    Except we don't expect to win anything so we're not that disappointed when we don't.

Spurs fans seem convinced that every season is going to be the one where they start winning trophies like the other "top six" clubs but they've had nothing since the League Cup in 2008.

Its been quite fun watching the Spurs fans down my local getting their excuses ready by saying they're the underdogs and one even said it was a miracle that "little Spurs" were in the CL final. I tried not to spit out my beer when I heard that...
  • Praying for a Liverpool win! Spurs win = nightmare! :pray:

I have a talent for stating the obvious sometimes
  • Hammerex said:

Yeah, a bit like us. :whistle:

Trouble is they get to the final

We say it’s Astra let’s play our tenth team and then lose

Short sharp jerky movements to Europeen footy

Ermmm
  • Except we don't expect to win anything so we're not that disappointed when we don't

ASLEF,

My problem is I do expect us to do so and am when we don't! :weep:
  • It's a win win situation. Or maybe a lose lose situation.

Actually it's more like a lose win situation.