Hammers ⚒ v Southampton 4/5/19 - Match Thread

edited May 2019 in Match Threads
Ok, in an attempt to end the season unbeaten & with some pride going into the summer, I have started the match thread again following my efforts last week.

4 points from the last two would see us end with 50 points. So, really, victory here would be most welcome. A nice way to say thanks to the Hammers faithful & an opportunity to crown the newly renovated London Stadium with our first win...since the carpet changed.

Going to be hard changing the side, so I wouldn’t. Seems there are going to be a load of options on the bench. Lanzini, Cresswell, Nasri all back in contention. They seem to have spent the last few weeks dipping in & out of the contention zone, but Pelle insists they are now in it for good.

Saints have hit some scoring form, led in the main by 2012 transfer target Shane Long. The Irishman has quadrupled his entire goal tally over the past 23 years in the last fortnight.

Thoughts & pessimism to follow...

Irons 2-0

Comments

• The last time we did the double over Saints was 2000/01 and Freddie Kanoute scored in both games.

Same team and same formation as against Spurs. Let's finish the season on a high.
  • We must finish above Palace.

Loss
  • edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
    Adam said:

3 points :wahoo:
  • I wouldn't settle for just a .

I'd want all three ...
  • :whistle:
  • edited May 2019
    Hamstew said:

Adam said:

:ok:
    COYI
  • Would like Adrain to play likely will be his last game at home for us .then we can give him a big send off :hug:
  • Bring him on when we are 6-0 up
  • So at half time then
  • Same team that started against Spurs. 2-1 to the Hammers.
  • Nah, I've gone 3-1

May have a flutter on Markie scoring a goal or two.
  • Going to look for tickets to my first game at London Stadium. Any advice as to the best section to get tickets in?
  • I'd say anywhere in the east stand. Mainly because it's nearer Stratford or West Ham station if your coming from that side.
  • Ok, so Leicester are my last chance saloon team to stop Man City from winning the title :pray:

I dont like Leicester but they will be elevated to my 3rd favourite team if they help! So lets all pull together for them and of course for our Scousers. What you say? I'm alone? I'll never walk alone....

Oops wrong thread ;) :
  • Hamstew said:

We must finish above Palace.

Loss

Charlie Losstin written all over it :run: :
  • May the fourth be with you.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Ok, so Leicester are my last chance saloon team to stop Man City from winning the title :pray:

I dont like Leicester but they will be elevated to my 3rd favourite team if they help! So lets all pull together for them and of course for our Scousers. What you say? I'm alone? I'll never walk alone....

Oops wrong thread ;) :

I don't suppose that you would have to suffer the beeb over there if the scousers did win it, it's bad enough with them in second :weep:
  • For me, with the points they both have, they both deserve the title.
  • But how nice would it be knowing that the point we deservedly took off Liverpool meant them losing the title.....( Not really but how nice )
  • But how nice would it be knowing that the point we deservedly took off Liverpool meant them losing the title.....( Not really but how nice )

What will be funny, is that (assuming both clubs win their remaining games) it will end up being the last time Liverpool dropped points that could ultimately cost them the title was at Everton, their bitter rivals, and the game before that...Man United.
  • It would also mean that their 1 defeat of the season against Man City would mean that they:

a) don't win the title
    b) can't reach 100 points
    c) didn't go undefeated

Ouch
  • Bazshuayi said:

For me, with the points they both have, they both deserve the title.

You sound like Klopp and Carragher. :lol:
  • :puzzled: Silly me there was me thinking this was our game against the saints thread :doh:
  • IronHerb said:

You sound like Klopp and Carragher. :lol:

Herb, Now that wasn't a nice thing to say to anyone, let alone another Hammer :biggrin:
  • Lawro says 2-1.
  • MrsGrey said:

Lawro says 2-1.

For which game, I am confused ;)

• I just hope the West Ham that turned up against Spurs,Liverpool,Man.U,Arsenal etc. rather than the imposters who masqueraded as footballers at Bournemouth,Cardiff, and Wimbledon and others put in an appearance tomorrow.
    3-1 West Ham.
This discussion has been closed.