West ham united v Leicester city KO 15:00 on 20th April 2019

Following on from Man U away, Where we lost 2:1 but apparently played very well ,
We entertain Leicester city a team we should beat but which West Ham team will turn up

The doctor Jekyll “ West Ham play well”
or mr Hyde “ where they’re Hyde and be a shadow.
Few remaining left
So :scarf: :goal: :goal: :goal: :cheers:

Comments

• At least it won't be the same officials..... :pray:
  • edited April 2019
    Fabianski
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Rice
    Snodgrass - Antonio - Anderson
    Arnautovic/Hernandez
  • Yes I agree up front is the tricky bit
    Which means there is a job vacant there
  • What Luke said, but Antonio on the right and Snoddy in the middle
  • Could try Antonio up front
  • I think this is a game for Antonio too. He looked good for the 15 mins he had against Man Utd.

If Arnie is to start, he needs to score.
  • Was it just me or was Lanzini playing on the left and Anderson centrally vs Man U, especially during the 1st half ? It seemed to work well.
  • Puddleglum - I thought it was more like Lanzini on the left, Snoddy in the middle and Anderson on the right. When Lanzini went off Diangana went right and Anderson went left.

The question is how bad is Lanzini's injury.

Apparently Arnie returned to training on Friday but the Gaffer decided to leave him out.
  • Losster City
  • This is the game where it all comes together. Great second half against Chelsea, fantastic performance against Man U, our season is building to a crescendo. 4--0.
  • Because of the injuries stated on BBC we have almost no choice but to go

Fab
    Fredericks. Diop. Balbuena. Masuaku
    Rice. Noble
    Antonio. Anderson. Diangana
    Arnie

1-1 if we are lucky.
  • puddleglum - move Anderson left and swap Snodgrass for Diangana.
  • edited April 2019
    Fabianski
    Zabaleta - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Rice
    Arnautovic

Will be the side

Adrian, Diop, Fredericks, Cresswell, Obiang, Diangana, Hernandez

(I expect Hernandez to make the bench despite his ear issue)

It’s a tough game this one. Leicester are a very good counter attacking side away from home. If we push, our passing needs to be spot on because if we lose it we could be in trouble. He may well pick Fredericks to try and help with the pace of Leicester but I thought Zab was good last weekend & obviously Fredericks gave away the penalty.
  • Snodgrass has been banned for 1 match. I assume it is immediate.
  • Under appeal, so I think he's available :ok:
  • The BBC website said "The ban is not currently active while Snodgrass considers his right of appeal."
  • Hoping for a lot better than the Everton game first game since my dad,s funeral so having a few 🍺 . My dad was born and grew up in East Ham playing on bomb sites as a kid. He went to the same school at the same time as Brian dear and Ronnie Boyce his brother claims he played in the same school team and taught them all they know :lol: he was West Ham like his dad and grand dad before him I’m going to miss him loads and having long talks about West Ham
  • Let's hope we get a performance like last week, that'll make your dad smile. :ok:
  • So this is it, my last home game as a West Ham season ticket holder as I won’t be renewing.

Ian and I are off to the women’s FA Cup final so I’ll miss the last home game of the season against Southampton.

COYI :scarf:
  • Suzanne :hug: :scarf:
  • Any reason why suz
  • They moved the renewal date to mid-May so I could not pay with May’s wages as planned. Whilst fans groups were trying to persuade the club to move the date to end of May I had the time to think how upset I’d be if I didn’t renew, it turned out, not that much.

I feel disconnected from the club and the players in way I haven’t before. I have given the stadium and its environs a good 'go'. Yes, the view is great but its like watching people watch football. I'm not 'in and amongst it'. Maybe if I had stuck to my comprobale seat and stayed in the BML I would have felt different.

I also underestimated how much of my enjoyment was based on going to the game with my husband (he didn’t renew for the season).

I’ve decided to watch the women’s team at Rush Green on a Sunday instead.
  • That seems fair enough to me suze think that’s why I prefer away games now for me the atmosphere is better imo and the ladies are getting better according to my cousin
  • Lukerz said:

Fabianski
    Zabaleta - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Rice
    Arnautovic

Will be the side

Adrian, Diop, Fredericks, Cresswell, Obiang, Diangana, Hernandez

(I expect Hernandez to make the bench despite his ear issue)

It’s a tough game this one. Leicester are a very good counter attacking side away from home. If we push, our passing needs to be spot on because if we lose it we could be in trouble. He may well pick Fredericks to try and help with the pace of Leicester but I thought Zab was good last weekend & obviously Fredericks gave away the penalty.

Well predicted lukerz only the bench slightly out you must have insider information my friend
  • :hmm: Read somewhere that if Zabaleta plays today it triggers his option for next season ,anyone know if thats true or not
  • Not sure Steve but thort I’d read that somewhere too
  • Can someone explain to me why we persist with the tap free kick and then the cross? It very rarely produces anything.
  • MIAHammer said:

Can someone explain to me why we persist with the tap free kick and then the cross? It very rarely produces anything.

Yet again another wasted opportunity. Just cross the ball.
This discussion has been closed.