Man Utd away 13th April 17.30 kickoff

Friday afternnon and no one has picked up the gauntlet. My feelings are that we are going to have a battle for a valiant draw.... or more probably, capitulate to another hiding. I'm as optimistic as a West Ham fan can be that it is the former. COYI

Comments

• Missed our last two games ,For very odd reasons which i wont go into :biggrin: But i am back now baby and looking forward to smashing them :scarf:
  • Fabianski
    Fredericks Diop Balbuena Cresswell
    Noble Rice Snodgrass
    Antonio Arnautovic Anderson
  • Lindelossf
  • I fLOSS, look :biggrin:
  • I fear the worst.
  • Resounding victory!
  • I just want us to actually take the game to Man United. The last few games have shown us up to be pushovers.
  • Lanzini seems off the pace so I would try Anderson central. Cresswell has been poor recently too.
    Fab
    Fredericks Diop Balbuena Masuaku
    Noble. Rice
    Antonio. Anderson. Snodgrass
    Arnie

2-2 !
  • I'd rather a poor Cresswell than Arthur personally
  • In the spirit of Paolo, we will nick it.
  • edited April 2019
    :scarf:
  • When did we last do the double over Man U ?
    Wouldn't that be nice :scarf:
    live on BT Sport 1
  • Fabianski
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Masuaku
    Noble - Rice - Obiang
    Snodgrass - Arnautovic - Anderson
  • When did we last do the double over Man U ?
    Wouldn't that be nice :scarf:
    live on BT Sport 1

I assume aslef is on a train, and alderz records don`t go back this far. From memory I think it was the 1926/1927 season. I`m not sure if either fixture was on tv, so yes, it would be nice to see the Hammers do it again. I also seem to recall this is the first year Mrs May presented her withdrawal agreement to the the house of commons.
  • My memory must be failing me, 76/77. How those fifty years flew. One day doing the "Lindy Hop" and the "Charleston" the next "Pogoing" with a safety pin through my nose, a bin liner for a shirt, and not a care in the World.
  • We did the double over Man Utd during the Tevez season of 2006/07.

1-0 at home courtesy of Reo-Coker & 0-1 away thanks to the little Argentinian.

What an odd season that was. Double over Arsenal too.
  • Lukerz said:

We did the double over Man Utd during the Tevez season of 2006/07.

1-0 at home courtesy of Reo-Coker & 0-1 away thanks to the little Argentinian.

What an odd season that was. Double over Arsenal too.

This is why I leave stats and facts to people like Aslef and Alderz.

The 1926/1927 season were crazy days though..........................
  • edited April 2019
    2006 -07.

1-0 at home, Sunday 17 Dec, 4pm live on Sky. Curb's first game in charge then 1-0 away on the last day of the season to avoid the drop. Man U were top of the league both times we played them.

Reo-Coker scored at home, his only goal that season but he did collect a record 14 yellow cards in 39 games including one against Palermo.

Indeed, I was on a train last night. I'll be on a train again tonight during the first half but conveniently I start my meal break at 6:29 and finishes at 7:16 so I should be able to listen to the second half online (no Sky or BT Sports at White City).
  • start at 6.29 and end 7.16 :lol: :bowdown:
  • edited April 2019
    Seriously. No joke.

626 duty.

Book on 14:32, get on train 024 14:39¾ at Leytonstone WB, go West Ruislip, Epping, get off 18:29½ at White City WB.

Meal break 18:40 to 19:10, the time either side is "walking time" from platform to mess room with a bit of wiggle room for late running.

Get on train 132 19:16¾ at White City WB, go Ealing Bwy, Newbury Pk, Ealing Bwy, get off 22:44¼ at Leytonstone EB, book off 22:48.

Of course if there's a signal failure, faulty train or whatever the timetable goes out the window.

Welcome to the wonderful world of railways.
  • IronHerb said:

Resounding victory!

For...?

• Get on train 132 19:16¾ at White City WB, go Ealing Bwy, Newbury Pk, Ealing Bwy, get off 22:44¼ at Leytonstone EB, book off 22:48.

Welcome to the wonderful world of railways.

I love the precision of it :thumbsup:
  • We work to timetables so yeah, railways are very precise.

Then passengers come along and ruin everything...
  • edited April 2019
    Meanwhile...

Young and Shaw both missing due to suspension, Valencia and Darmian injured, Bailly doubtful due to a head injury he got during the international break.

That probably means Rojo at LB. Rojo is like Ogbonna, a CB who can play LB but its not his natural position, he has only been on the pitch for 15 minutes this year with just three other appearances back in December so he must be a bit rusty.

I think I've spotted the weak link.
  • Central Line :wahoo: makes me all sentimental!!, my line, change at Woodford for loop line to Chigwell.......Those were the days!.
  • We need to get Antonio running at him and Arnie bullying him. I really hope we play the ball forward a bit quicker, and dare I say it, a little more direct.
  • I have wagered five of her Majesties pounds upon a goalless game @ 16/1
  • IronHerb said:

Resounding victory!

For...?
    Well I haven't come all this way for it to be ManU. ;)
  • I think you have...
This discussion has been closed.