Chelsea away. 8pm Monday 8th April Live on Sky Sports

It seems no one else wants to start it.

Good news from Pellegrini's presser
About the squad, we have the continuing injuries for Carroll, Sanchez, Yarmolenko, Wilshere and Reid. Those five are not available.

"Felipe Anderson couldn't play the last game, and Nasri too, but they have worked with the squad
No mention of Fredericks so hopefully he's back too.

Chelsea has only lost once at home this season against Leicester in December.

Chelsea play Slavia Prague in the Europa League Quarters on Thursday.

COYI!

Comments

• Yeah,, wouldn’t like to be in there shoes
    :lol:
    :cheers:
  • Ryan Fredericks was injured for the last game too and he couldn’t play, but he’s ok too so we have some news [on those three players].
    Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/april/05-april/pellegrini-chelsea-getting-reaction-and-overcoming-injuries#hY0j6FqGFxS4UcAs.99
  • edited April 2019
    Still awaiting Hams "loss" comment but my response will either be Alossnso or (more likely) Loss-to-us-Cheek :cool::whome:
  • Fabianski
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Rice
    Snodgrass - Nasri - Anderson
    Hernandez

Hopefully the players are motivated to react to that awful loss last week. It’s a shame most of them will be on the beach between now and the summer.

2-0 Chelsea
  • A ray of hope, Lawro has us losing 2-0.
  • This is just the sort of game we win.

So.

Away win.

NURSE.... NURSE... :wahoo:
  • They’ve only conceded 10 goals at home this season and we’ve only scored 1 this year so maybe this will be one of those games OR we may just get an absolute thrashing.
  • As always with west ham, expect the unexpected, away win.
  • I’m going with 1-1
  • Fabianski
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Cresswell
    Noble - Rice
    Antonio - Nasri - Anderson
    Arnie

1-1 for me too, with Arnie scoring early in the 2nd half.
  • After that debacle last week this is the kind of game that we’ll actually put in a decent performance.Think we might nick a draw.
  • edited April 2019
    Anybody expecting a rout is gonna be mistaken. We may well lose but this will be a much more competitive game than last week.

Our record against teams currently 3rd/6th this season (excluding the top two who are miles ahead of the rest):

West Ham 0-1 Spurs
    Arsenal 3-1 West Ham
    West Ham 1-0 Arsenal
    West Ham 0-0 Chelsea
    West Ham 3-1 Man Utd

Even the top two, we lost one game 4-0 against each then drew with Liverpool at home and lost 1-0 at the Etihad.

The lads will turn up tonight. It’s a derby and the more stylish, luxury players like Anderson and Lanzini will be up for turning it on. We drew there last season, lost 2-1 there the year before, drew 2-2 there the year before that.

It will be competitive.
  • I would be pleasantly surprised if can bring home some points, we can only :pray:
  • The inevitable Hope rises again. :lol:
  • Fear not, Yeold, it'll be extinguished by twenty past eight when Chelsea get their second :ok:
  • edited April 2019
    We’ll be fine tonight :ok:

Pelle will probably go:

Fabianski
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Cresswell
    Noble - Rice - Snodgrass
    Anderson - Lanzini
    Arnautovic
  • Anderson has been at his best down the left all season and Lanzini wasn't much cop played wide last time out.

Snoddy - Lanzini- Anderson looks better.
  • The inevitable Hope rises again. :lol:

I was just weighing up the pros and cons of paying the £9 (I think) to Now TV for the privilege of watching tonight. I had finally come down on the side of pro. "You never know" I had convinced my self. Are we all mad.
  • Tonight is a game where I expect nothing, a decent effort will be a start....
    Any improvement from the last debacle.
  • I think not conceding in the first 10 minutes would be a good start for me.
  • Antonio out injured according to Twitter
  • Swear he hasn't started a game for ages?

Pretty strange considering he hit some form and looked back to his old self in Jan/feb
  • From the BBC:

"It's rave on for Chelsea today, having not been defeated at home in the Premier League on a Monday since December 1994."
  • 4-4-2! I'm glad I won't be able to watch this one...
This discussion has been closed.