West Ham vs Everton, Sat 30th March, 17:30

So we welcome the Toffee's to the London stadium fresh off their victory against Chelsea. West Ham looking to do a double over Everton. Should be a competitive game with both sides having the most inconsistent of seasons.

Predictions ?
Line ups ?
Thoughts ?

Comments

• I'd be very surprised if Hernandez didn't start this one after the Huddersfield game, but I want to see Arnie start. I want him to stay, and if that's going to happen he needs to have a run in the team and score some goals between now and the end of the season. And even if he does leave, at least he'll raise his value if he does that.

I want to see:

Fabianski; Fredericks Balbuena Diop Cresswell; Rice Noble; Antonio Nasri Anderson; Arnie

But I suspect that Ogbonna, Lanzini and Hernandez will be in for Balbuena, Nasri and Arnie.
  • Fab
    Frederick's Balbeuna Diop Cresswell
    Noble Rice
    Antonio Nasri Anderson
    Arnie

Chicarito is more impactful off the bench, and think Nasri did enough to get a chance to start
  • Fabianski
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Cresswell
    Rice - Noble
    Nasri - Arnautovic - Anderson
    Hernandez
  • I think I would go with Lukerz team, but have Arnie out wide and Nasri central. I think that those as a front four are our best technical players. Hard on Lanzini and Antonio, but great options off the bench. I am hoping that Arnie comes good again, would have gladly sold him for £35 million in January, don`t think we`ll get anything like that now, he needs to start performing if he wants a move, or wants to stay, not been good enough (imo) on recent performances. Looking forward to this. 2--1 win. :scarf:
  • Home win :wahoo:
  • Hernandez will start.

And I fancy him to score.

Everton have been as inconsistent as us, so I have no idea how this one will pan out.

So I'll say 3-2, but with no commitment as to which way.
  • Arnie scored one goal in 12 games when he played out wide, he's more effective played up front.
  • Lanzini needs to be in the starting 11 IMO...
  • I wonder if Lanzinis recent travels will affect whether Pellegrini starts him?
  • Changed my mind, Lanzini in for Arnie. Tough choices now we have options.
  • got my ticket :wahoo: going with Toffee golfing buddy :scarf:
  • Everton have only won three away league games (Leicester, Burnley, Cardiff) and drawn three (Wolves, Bournemouth, Chelsea).

They have only kept three clean sheets.

So far we've done the double over Fulham and Newcastle this season, no reason we can't add Everton to the list.
  • I can think of a few reasons.
  • edited March 2019

Everton have only won three away league games (Leicester, Burnley, Cardiff) and drawn three (Wolves, Bournemouth, Chelsea).

They have only kept three clean sheets.

So far we've done the double over Fulham and Newcastle this season, no reason we can't add Everton to the list.

Can't believe you said this. :weep:
  • This could be 0-0 or 4-0 either way. Both teams are inconsistent.

So hoping for a solid 2-0 to the Hammers
  • We’ve been good at home, they’ve been bad away. Only means one thing. Lukaku hattrick, Leon Osman screamer
  • Lukaku?
  • Alderz channelling his inner Hamstew :biggrin:
  • MrsGrey said:

Can't believe you said this. :weep:

I should add that I'm working Saturday so won't see any of the match until MotD.
  • Fab
    Fredericks Balbeuna Diop Cresswell
    Noble Rice
    Antonio Nasri Anderson
    Hernandez

Not sure if it's just my own eyes but it seems our other attackers play worse when Arnie is on the field. I think they may alter their game a little when he's playing - it comes across that way to me at least. I'd therefore play the in-form Hernandez.

Also perhaps Snodgrass (in a slightly deeper role) for Noble.

Quite an impressive team and overall squad imo.
  • :hmm: Looks like Nasri will miss out according to the boss
  • Nasri seems to be more injured than fit to me, in the long term i'd suggest we move on from him.
  • I think Nasri is just a short term stand in for Yarmalenko. This season's Joai Mario.
  • Jay - agree, if your assertion is true. Which is a pity, because he's class when fit (and way better than Mario ever was.) This raises the question: which one would you move on - Nasri or Wilshere? They're both irregularly fit and mostly injured.
  • This raises the question: which one would you move on - Nasri or Wilshere? They're both irregularly fit and mostly injured.

Not much of a question.

Wilshere signed a three year contract, Nasri's deal is until the end of the season.
  • My dad passed away on Wednesday and my mum wants me to go to the game. My dad was born an raised in East Ham not far from the ground so I always only ever going to be a West Ham supporter. Hopefully he will be looking down as we beat Everton
  • Thoughts are with u and your family PLF... :hug:
This discussion has been closed.