Other games w/e 23rd/24th and midweek 26th/27th

We're off to our local this evening, run by our mate who is an old school Spurs fan. If they don't get anything out of this game, at least he will enjoy hearing about our glorious victory...

Comments

• 88th minute, commentator notes what a good job Burnley are doing of killing the game.

Mate, they do that from minute one.
  • Poch acting terribly at Mike Dean after final whistle with his assistants joining in, not sure what Dean did too wrong? Corner given for Burnley's 1st goal when perhaps wasn't?...Sour Grapes deluxe by Poch and a bad loser to say least, saying all that I get no satisfaction in seeing Burnley win, even against Spurs, but Poch, poor attitude and that deserves a fine IMO..
  • jay

Suggestion from our comms was he didn't like something Dean said at the end.
  • edited February 2019

We're off to our local this evening, run by our mate who is an old school Spurs fan. If they don't get anything out of this game, at least he will enjoy hearing about our glorious victory...

I'm sure that will cheer him up. If the bar's not too packed, we could recreate the goals for him. He always likes it when we do that. ;biggrin
  • he was quoted in the media as saying it was a final today. My belief is he lost his cool when Dean explained there was no runners up medal to present to Spurs after the game ;whistle
  • edited February 2019
    In his interview he didn't mention anything about what Mike Dean could have said?...
    But if he did, good for him, something like " bad Loser " would've come to mind.. he basically said he will accept whatever the FA chuck at him...
  • Burnley beat them from the lane
    ;lol

;lol

;lol
  • edited February 2019
    I noticed Dyche moaning about Danny Rose nicking a few metres at the throw-in.

Players do this all the time - I think it would be really easy to equip the linos with a magic spray like the ref's. Between them, the 3 officials could mark the spot where the ball went out and then that is the furthest forward a player could be when throwing in. If they want to have a run up, they have to retreat first

The magic spray procedure is well established now for free kicks, so it should be no problem to extend that procedure for throws.
  • We must all remember Mike Dean believes it isn't the players who the fans come to watch it's all about him!
  • ;doh when your bright, shiny new fantasy signing is clean through one on one with the GK and hits the post!

#Almiron
  • Dyche blowing hot air again. He didn't complain when Spurs took a later throw in that was further away from the point where the ball went out but it went back to the keeper. Rose was switched on, the Burnley defence wasn't.
  • Mrs G the only problem is the linesman could be at the other end of the pitch.
  • ;ok I know, that's why I included the ref in the scenario - lino if it is in their 'quarter', ref otherwise.
  • Reece Oxford sent off earlier today in a 5-1 defeat for Augsburg.
  • I can't stand Palace. I just want them gone
  • Palace up 1-4
  • How poor must Leicester be
  • Hamstew said:

I can't stand Palace. I just want them gone

Ain't happening this year, sorry.
  • Leicester seem to be getting worse every season, I wonder what's the record for fewest seasons between winning the top flight and getting relegated?
  • edited February 2019
    Hamstew, let’s wait until we have played them at home before we start saying they are poor - worried about karma! ;ok
  • Ipswich won Div 2 in 1960-61, Div 1 in 1961-62 and were relegated 1963-64.
  • Thanks IH, I doubt if that record is ever going to be beaten.
  • Hamstew, let’s wait until we have played them at home before we start saying they are poor - worried about karma! ;ok

But they might not be poor then. On current form they are a very poor side. No doubt they will be on the up when we play them.
  • Absolute carnage at Old Toilet

ManUtd used all three subs in the first half. Lingard came on as sub only to be subbed.

Rashford has been limping for most of the half.

They are so short of attacking players Sanchez has come on.

Liverpool have subbed Firmino.

What fun ;devil

• They are so short of attacking players Sanchez has come on.

;lol
  • edited February 2019
    Really poor decision by Solskjaer by putting Lingard on before Sanchez.
  • Should not have been on the bench if he wasn’t right.
  • Injuries aside, this is a poor game to watch, not much quality on display from either team, the game is there for Liverpool to win but their final pass has been really poor.

Maybe I am being harsh as so much rests on the game but Newcastle produced far more fluid attacking football than these two.