The Arnie situation - one thread to rule them all...

Comments

• Ones loyal
  • Ok folks

Have sorted it for you ,,,, I am going to China

And what whatever his names is,,,, is staying, and he I will do my job , ;biggrin
  • Herb, of thought or foot? ;hmm
  • One's good enough for the first team ;run
  • edited January 2019
    I love how
    Cuz1 said:

Ones loyal

You don't know that. No club has offered Nobes £200k a week.
  • One spent their entire career with us, I call that loyalty not many one club players nowdays
  • Moojor said:

I love how

Cuz1 said:

Ones loyal

You don't know that. No club has offered Nobes £200k a week.
    And we don’t know what he’s been offered elsewhere as he’s stayed loyal when rumours of other clubs came sniffing they surely wouldn’t of offered the same money to entice him and no signing on fees to boot
  • The photo of Arnie and Nobes tells me that one has a dodgy barnet...........

and the other one might be off to China................
  • edited January 2019
    Nobes might be going to China? ;whistle
  • Herb, of thought or foot? ;hmm

Both.
  • Please do not be comparing Nobes and Arnie on the commitment to a football club.

Don’t belittle Nobes love for West Ham by saying no one offered him stupid money to go elsewhere.

;angry
  • Markie is loyalty epitomised ;bowdown whereas Arnie is...errr...words fail me...a Payet! ;fishslap

Markie is the embodiment of loyalty ;clap and I can't imagine West Ham without him. Mind you I said the same about Billy Bonds wayback when. I still go every other week.
  • I don’t think you can expect loyalty from a player who has no ties to the club. I never feel “betrayed” by a player wanting to leave if it’s someone we signed who hasn’t built up an affinity with the club over several years. The only players I would be hurt by wanting to leave are Noble, Reid and Rice.
  • Agree Alderz

As far as Arnie is concerned this is just his job he's had for 18 months, and now he's received a more lucrative job

And if he had "loyalty" then we never would've got him in the first place as he would've stayed at stoke
  • I`m sorry, but no one would want to stay in Stoke. It`s up North (somewhere?) for a start.
  • edited January 2019
    I don't expect footballers to be loyal but I would like them to show a bit of respect and honesty. A lot of the fuss would have been avoided if Arnie had just come out and said "I have had a fantastic offer I can't turn down " I think people would have gone OK instead we get his brother spouting some nonsense about winning trophies in china.
  • I don't expect footballers to be loyal but I would like them to show a bit of respect and honesty. A lot of the fuss would have been avoided if Arnie had just come out and said "I have had a fantastic offer I can't turn down " I think people would have gone OK instead we get his brother spouting some nonsense about winning trophies in china.

Isn’t that just what Arnie did? As well as saying he would give it 100% while at the club? If my brother spouted some nonsense, I would have had some harsh words, but nobody would have found out about it!
  • If Arnie had any "loyalty" he'd be playing in the Dutch League for Twente and no on would ever have have heard of him.
  • Secret his brother said he would give a 100% Arnie has said nothing so far as I am aware
  • Noble was quoted as saying he’d spoken to Arnie and he told him he’d give 100%
  • I don't expect footballers to be loyal but I would like them to show a bit of respect and honesty. A lot of the fuss would have been avoided if Arnie had just come out and said "I have had a fantastic offer I can't turn down " I think people would have gone OK instead we get his brother spouting some nonsense about winning trophies in china.

100% everyone would have flipped on him if he came out and said this

Jeez everyone flipped on him when he hadn't said a word
  • He's doing to us what he did to Stoke.

You date a cheater don't be surprised when he cheats.

You date a cheater don't be surprised when he cheats.

Suze ;hug

#metoo
  • Sorry Suze but I totally disagree with that.

Staying for 4 years then put in a transfer request, you mean?
  • edited January 2019
    But he hasn't put in an official transfer request. He hid behind his brother. For all his bravado he has little guts.
  • But he hasn't put in an official transfer request. He hid behind his brother. For all his bravado he has little guts.

What bravado are you talking about?
  • At Stoke he (either directly or through his agent) went public with his desire to leave and put the club in a difficult position.

At West Ham he (either directly or through his agent) has gone public with his desire to leave and has put the club in a difficult position.

Seems pretty similar to me.
  • edited January 2019
    We have no idea what Arnie did out of the public eye and public comment.

I really don't understand this need to castigate him so severely.

Should he leave now or in the summer, we would be the first club he hasn't stayed at least 3 years with.

He is not the first player to say he wants to leave us.

I'm only interested in judging him by what he does (or doesn't do) for us on the pitch if he gets on.

He's a great player, and we are better when he is in the team and at it.
  • Pelle's update in today's press conference: "On Friday, we will see the names of the players in the squad list [for the Cup game]. Marko is working with us without any problems."