AFC Wimbledon (A), 7:45pm Sat 26th January

Its Wednesday morning and as no one has started a thread I thought I might as well.

Deja vu as we visit the Kingsmeadow twice in a season, last time Rice was given a run out as he'd not played since the opening match against Liverpool. How times have changed.

We've got Wolves on Tuesday so give Anderson and Arnie the night off. We can't do much about the CBs as we've only got two left, put others on the bench.

Adrian
Antonio Diop Ogbonna Masuaku
Diangana Snodgrass Obiang Nasri
Perez Carroll

Fabianksi Zabaleta Cresswell Rice Noble Silva Hernandez

If Carroll can't score against this lot...

Comments

• Cheers Aslef ;ok Live on BT Sport 2 so would be nice to see them have a good go at it. I would be tempted to start Arnie as he is already rested and it gives him the chance to prove his commitment. I don't rate Perez at all so would go with Carroll who might also help defending corners coyi
  • edited January 2019
    Sadly I'm renewing my licence this week, M-F 9-5, so I've got Saturday off for once ;biggrin
  • Fredericks is back in training, so I think (if he's far enough along) it would be good to plan to give him some match minutes.

It would effectively be his 1st match of pre-season, so either start him and take him off at half time, or sub him on from the bench for the last 20/30 mins?
  • I think this is a good one for Pelle to bench Arnie just to give the impression of a punishment then bring him back for the league game.
  • If Hernandez is fit I’d like him to play, personally.

Adrian; Fredericks Dipp Ogbonna Arthur; Diangana Snodgrass Obiang Nasri
    Silva: Hernandez
  • McHammer said:

I think this is a good one for Pelle to bench Arnie just to give the impression of a punishment then bring him back for the league game.

Punish him for what? He's done nothing wrong.

I'd leave Arnie out simply because we've got Wolves on Tuesday and they're going to be a much bigger challenge than Wimbledon.
  • Was just about to post the same team Alderz. Be nice to see Fredericks get a run out, hopefully be Zabs long term replacement. Also really looking forward to seeing Silva again. ;scarf
  • If he was fined he will have a great
    case for appeal if he has done nothing wrong.
  • Prefer Alderz team, think we are more likely to see ASLEFs

Would be nice to see a few of the youth make the bench, Coventry, Powell & Reece
  • edited January 2019
    Powell's gone on loan to Northhampton.

(just a fyi ;ok )
  • McH

But there's nothing to suggest he has been fined. ;hmm
  • Agree grey.
  • I’d go as strong a team as possible. This is a more important game than the Wolves game, IMO.

In the league, we aren’t going to be relegated and I think we are a little bit short to finish 7th.

The cup is where it’s at for the rest of the season coyi
  • I’d go as strong a team as possible. This is a more important game than the Wolves game, IMO.

In the league, we aren’t going to be relegated and I think we are a little bit short to finish 7th.

The cup is where it’s at for the rest of the season coyi

You took the words out of my mouth Jorderz.
    Great chance to have a go at the cup this year.
    Strongest possible team please.
  • Adrian
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Obiang - Rice
    Diangana - Arnautovic - Nasri
    Hernandez
  • I don’t feel like we need 2 DMs. I’d like a 4-4-2 or a 4-1-4-1
  • I think Nasri could shine in this match, a touch of class who makes himself time on the ball and plays in others. As long as we have a forward line who can finish we should have goals.
  • Lawro has us to win 2-1 ;nonono
  • Well, that's a start.
  • As Lawro always get's it wrong, I think we might be in trouble. ;hmm
  • edited January 2019
    Lawro predicted we'd lose 2-1 against Arsenal, Bournemouth and Birmingham.

If he predicts 2-1 either way against Liverpool the BBC should switch him off, wait ten seconds then switch him back on to see if he reboots.
  • Aslef, wouldn't it be better to just switch him off and leave him off?
  • Strong team for me, if not full strength.

We're not getting relegated lets have a cup run....
  • If we get to final be only time spuds see Wembley full albeit from the tv lol
  • ExWHUemployee says "All I can tell you at this point is Arnie isn’t in the squad for tomorrow".

So the questions. Is he sulking, not in right state of mind, has a niggling injury, rested for Tuesday's game or there is a new offer and he is off?
  • ‘100% commitment’
  • 100% committed to not being here ;whistle
  • Move on
  • We must smash them. It gets serious next round, and I love a cup run ;scarf
  • I'd accept the old scruffy 1-0 win but expect a decent 3 or 4 goal win.
This discussion has been closed.