AFC Bournemouth v West Ham United (19/01/19, 15:00 KO)

The Arnie Saga Part Deux

Is he still gonna be here for this one? If not, who is going to play up front? Do we go same side? More importantly, will I keep my winning streak going? All questions which require answers.

I would go:

Fabianski
Zabaleta - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
Noble - Rice
Snodgrass - Nasri - Anderson
Arnautovic

Tricky game, goals aplenty usually in this one. Last 3 fixtures at this ground between us have ended 1-3, 3-2, 3-3.

Cherries 3-4 Irons

Comments

• It was so obvious that u wouldn't have Antonio in ur team Luke, sorry but cant agree he needs dropping out of the starting 11 even tho Snodgrass has done little wrong!
  • If Arnie isn’t here (I think he will be) then I’d like Antonio up top
  • I have to agree with Luke, Antonio's passing was poor against Arsenal and Snoddy deserves another run out.
  • For me, Snodgrass gives us a better balance, plus his excellent set-play delivery.

I was pretty annoyed at how little Antonio tracked back on Saturday, compared to Anderson who was regularly getting back. Given how Bournemouth go at you, think Snodders would be a good choice for this game.
  • I’d go wth Antonio think he gives us that bit more with his pace
  • I think that if Nasri is playing Antonio is a better option. Snoddy and Anderson both like to come inside, and would end up taking up space that Nasri used. It would make us too narrow. It’s different with a 3 in midfield or with 2 strikers, but in a 4-2-3-1 i like the idea of having two with that guile and creativity and one bulldozer.
  • edited January 2019
    Hernandez looks like he is back in contention as he has been training all week. Nobody else back according to Pelle. So same squad as last week plus Hernandez.
  • Seems like Arnie will play, too.
  • Away win.
  • You'll all be shocked to know that Lawro has us down for a loss. And I thought I was bad.
  • Loss btw ;ok
  • That’s shocked me about Lawro the mind boggles
  • Would definitely play Antonio. Getting back to his best, confidence returning and seems to be enjoying his football again. I do agree that technically he is a bit lacking, and I`m sure he`s not an "ideal" Pellegrini player. But he gives us something a little bit different, he`s unpredictable and decent in the air too. Feel a bit sorry for Snodgrass as his attitude and performances have been top notch this season, but he seems the obvious one to leave out, assuming Arnie is still here, available, and his heads right. Agree with Alderz and the 4-2-3-1 formation with what appears to be available. Away win. Juice those Cherries. ;scarf
  • ...................FAB..................
    ZAB.......ISS.........OGG.....CRE
    ...........DEC..........NOB..........
    ANT............NAS.............AND
    ................ARN......................

A mighty 4--1 victory.

;wahoo
  • Madcap wow ;ok
    so we now have Ant And Dec playing for us.... ;wahoo ;wahoo ;scarf ;run
  • He`s out of rehab. Fit and raring to go. Apparently he`s been black, but now he`s back. And his daddy thinks he`s fine. ;scarf
  • Please no Perez up front !

Fabianski
    Zabaleta - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Rice
    Snodgrass - Nasri - Anderson
    Antonio
  • edited January 2019
    We also seem to have the International Space Station on our side. Maybe we can do some spying on Bournemouth’s tactics.
  • Puddle, would go for the same if Arnie not available. Even though I don`t think he gave 100% against Arsenal, still think Arnie is the best option if he`s right in the head. Also can`t wait to see Silva given another go sooner rather than later.
  • I think we should play just Arnie, and show him what it feels like when you’re left all of a sudden!
  • ;hmm Has Arnie ever been alright in the head ;biggrin
  • Arnie isn't in the squad apparently. If so time to get rid
  • Hamstew said:

Arnie isn't in the squad apparently. If so time to get rid

Crikey. Antonio up front for me then. Pea just back from illness, Carroll still getting up to speed, Perez I`m not sure about and Silva just starting out, although I do think Silva may have what it takes. ;scarf
  • Hamstew said:

Arnie isn't in the squad apparently. If so time to get rid

There's a lot of media rumours but as yet there has been no confirmation whether its true or not.

There's also rumours that the deal is fallen through because Shanghai won't match our price, that Pellegrini won't let him go, that he's leaving (leaving) on the midnight train to Georgia...
  • I think Antonio does an Ok job as a striker, he is nice and mobile, give the CBs a headache.

Shame to change the team against Arsenal who all played well and I liked the speed on both wings but if Arnie pulls a sickie then....
  • I think Antonio does an Ok job as a striker, he is nice and mobile, give the CBs a headache.

Shame to change the team against Arsenal who all played well and I liked the speed on both wings but if Arnie pulls a sickie then....

The rumour is that Pellegrini has dropped him not that he's "pulled a sickie".
  • steve said:

;hmm Has Arnie ever been alright in the head ;biggrin

Not since that big Greek clumped him in training for Weeded Bremen.
  • Just reading on the game and a state jumped out at me.

Anderson is the first player to score 8 against in the first half of a PL season in 13YEARS....
  • Aslef, have Dinamo Tbilisi made a better offer then? ;lol
This discussion has been closed.