The Arnie situation - one thread to rule them all...

Understandably, this is a hot topic.

Can we keep comments about Arnie's possible transfer to this thread?

I'll move over standalone comments, but some are part of a wider comment, so will probably stay where they were originally posted.

Comments

• Talk of a £35m bid from China for Arnie on Twitter...
  • 'Nowhere near enough' is Sam Inkersole's response...
  • Lol is what I say to that. £35m? Double that and we’ll consider sending them a nice thanks but no thanks!
  • Talk of a £35m bid from China for Arnie on Twitter...

He'd never go to China at this stage in his career.
    If he goes anywhere it will be to fulfil his ambition for trophies and titles.
  • I'd have thought so too Mrs G. You only go to China for the money, and he's on £100k+ a week with us, so has no real reason to go.

Maybe in another 3-4 years, but he can still do it at the top level for a couple of seasons yet, and hopefully it's with us.
  • He is never going to China, he is 29 not 35. My worry would be if Chelsea came in as I think they need him, would pay him more and allow him to remain in London.
  • Sky sports saying unnamed club in China have offered 35 mil double it and add ten be close to a true valuation imo
  • Offer rejected I believe
  • Let’s accept the offer from China and send them AC instead. Maybe they won’t notice. And if they do, we’ll just say it was lost in translation.
  • Arnie's brother has been on Talksport and has stated that it's Arnie's 'desire to go to China' (to challenge for titles, apparently...) and has urged West Ham to accept the offer.

Payet Mk2 coming up?
  • Arnie's brother has been on Talksport and has stated that it's Arnie's 'desire to go to China' (to challenge for titles, apparently...) and has urged West Ham to accept the offer.

Payet Mk2 coming up?

Arnie's brother can shut his fat mouth...

• edited January 2019
    OCs - back in November Arnie's brother was saying he wanted to play in the Champions' League, now he wants to go to China. No doubt in March Arnie's brother will say he wants to go to Real Madrid and by May he'll want to go on Celebrity Big Brother.
  • Arnies brother wants a nice big pay day
  • Send his bro to China I say, permanently
  • Surely Arnie doesn’t want to go to China?
  • At the least he is trying to get us to increase his wage...

The guy sounds like a chancer but I guess that's the role of a agent nowdays..
  • edited January 2019
    I think there's a different tone in this statement though. I don't remember his brother saying Arnie wanted to play for Man United; only that he wanted to play in the Champions League (which technically could have meant with West Ham).

This is a very clear message that Arnie wants to go. If it isn't true, then surely Arnie has to bin him off for making blatantly false statements. Does anyone believe his brother is acting entirely off his own back?
  • Tbf his brother has been quoted several times to which Arnie tends to respond on Instagram denying he wants to leave. This isn’t the first time.
  • Short and sweet response from the club

IMG_20190110_165021

There's being a chancer and then there's being a downright liar.

Lukerz - I do remember a couple of denials from Arnie, but why on earth would he continue to employ his brother if he is a compulsive liar? Makes no sense to me.
  • I don't like the club statement, which reads as if the club has not spoken to Arnautovic at all.

Lukerz - I do remember a couple of denials from Arnie, but why on earth would he continue to employ his brother if he is a compulsive liar? Makes no sense to me.
    They’re brothers, which may mean all usual ‘logic’ goes out the window.
  • Short and sweet response from the club

IMG_20190110_165021

£100m?

Ok would you like a receipt?
  • I find the whole thing real fishy.

Releases a written statement to talkSPORT? Why talkSPORT? All very odd.
  • Lukerz said:

At the least he is trying to get us to increase his wage...

They’re brothers, which may mean all usual ‘logic’ goes out the window.
    I know they are, but if that was my brother acting on my behalf, I wouldn't stand for it.

In fact, I'd tell my mum on him.
  • So to recap:

Marko wants to leave to join a Chinese club (massive wages & no doubt fee for his brother too)

But whilst Marko remains at West Ham, he will continue to give 100%

So what is the ultimatum here?
  • Interesting to see if he starts on Saturday. If this is true there is surely the temptation to leave him out all together.
  • Lukerz said:

Interesting to see if he starts on Saturday. If this is true there is surely the temptation to leave him out all together.

Yes, because we wouldn't want his eventual transfer falling through due to him being injured. ;whistle
  • I'd be really fed up if he left, or downed tools to force a move. ;angry
  • edited January 2019
    If he came out and said he wants a move to a TOP team in PL or Europe ( Spain, Italy, France or Germany ) fair enough IMO, If the price was acceptable to us, but if his brothers comments are true of what Arnie desires, China, then its just pure greed IMO