Southampton. Away 27 dec 2018 19:45

If I may
Taken over from hamstew ;bowdown
This is my 1st match thread

This team can play bad and and win ;biggrin
This team can play well and and lose ;hmm
This team can play like a group of people that have never meet,,, the strengths of pelll
;cheers
Away win please
Over to you folks

Comments

• New injuries to Hernandez and Balbuena leave us so thin

Fab
    Zab Diop Ogbonna Cressy
    Obiang Rice
    Diangana Snodgrass Anderson
    Antonio

Sub: Adrian, Masuaku, Oxford, Noble, Coventry, Carroll, Arnie

Don't think Carroll will be good to start, likewise I think we may see a return to a 3 man midfield given the lack of strikers so Diangana is the most likely to miss out

From the reports it suggests Arnie is 50/50 to feature, no news of Perez though

Given they've hit a bit of form (and our injury list) I would be happy with a point
  • Despite winning we were poor against Fulham. Didn't turn up against Watford.

Hope Pelle can get us working again, it seems the level of performance has dropped the last few games.

The defence has looked very suspect as well.

Cresswell must get a start soon surely. With 4 games in 12 days coming up who is going to be playing rightback when Zab is rested.
  • Saints are a very different team under The Governor from The Walking Dead, the last two matches they've used a 3-4-3 to beat Arsenal and Huddersfield.

I'd drop the 4-4-2 and revert to the 4-3-3 we used against Everton and Man U.
  • Loss, and a return to the West Ham I know and resent
  • I definitely think 4-3-3 works better for us in a game like this.

Fab; Zab Diop Ogbonna Cresswell; Rice: Noble Obiang; Snodgrass Anderson; Antonio
  • Lawro says 2-0.
  • I make Lawro right.

They have the momentum, the new manager bounce and a couple of strikers in form.

We have a bit of an injury crisis (shocker) and seem to be only playing for 45 minutes of every 90.

We may score, but it wouldn't surprise me if McCarthy had a worldie as most 'keepers seem to when they play us.
  • In the same way I didn’t think we would win 5 on the bounce, I don’t think Southampton will manage 3 on the bounce.
  • ;hmm where is everyone .not like theres anything else to do today ;biggrin
  • Just got home toothache and head sore haaaaa the Christmas spirit with in-laws
  • There’s always the queens speech

8D8410F4-9631-45EA-9679-CD80AA669F1A
  • So looks like we are looking at:

Fabianski
    Zabaleta - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Rice - Obiang
    Snodgrass - Anderson
    Antonio
  • I’m wondering if he may try and tighten up a little bit and play Cresswell as well. That being said I didn’t think Artur did too much wrong last time out.

Lack of fire power up top is a bit worrying and doubt AC can last the 90

Saints will be a tough game they’ve had a new manager bounce and already look different, they'll be full of confidence
  • Bash them ;deadhorse
  • Southampton are weak when it comes to aerial battles/set pieces. Having said that, I wouldn't play Carroll from the start and instead bring him on depending on how the game is going (Arnie should also be on the bench). The left side of our defence really worries me (Ogbonna and Cresswell).

------- Fab --------
    Zab - Diop - Og - Cress
    - Snod - Rice - Obiang -
    Diang -- Ant -- Anderson
  • I’m going to guess that Antonio will play at right back, with Zab rested. Which means we need a big striker upfront... ;ac
  • Carroll should start ,must be easier to start a game then come on ,then depending how things are going swap him for Arnie around the 60 min mark
  • Start with Antonio at RB and Carroll upfront to give Zab a rest, then if Carroll can only do an hour Zab can come on for him and Antonio goes upfront?
  • Here s something to cheer up everyone ahead of the Southampton kick-off

• edited December 2018
    That was funny when he was bigging snodgrass up
  • How ridiculous is our injury list.

I miss Arnie. And Yarmo. And Lanzini ;weep
  • Real lack of goals in that team

Antonio & Snodgrass work hard but baring set pieces they arent the biggest threats from open play. Also the midfield trio of Noble, Rice & Obaing don't contribute either

A lot of pressure on Anderson who looked tired the other day

Must be tempting to start with Carroll, but imo hes a better impact sub
  • Will there be any small rivers that rhyme with dreams for tonight's game?
  • Real lack of goals in that team

Antonio & Snodgrass work hard but baring set pieces they arent the biggest threats from open play. Also the midfield trio of Noble, Rice & Obaing don't contribute either

A lot of pressure on Anderson who looked tired the other day

Must be tempting to start with Carroll, but imo hes a better impact sub

This looks like a 3-0 win to West Ham, with goals from Antonio, Obiang and Snodgrass!
  • edited December 2018
    Win.

Southampton are really not that good. They've had a new manager bounce, but they aren't going unbeaten at home for the rest of the season, are they?

Their reality check will happen tonight. coyi
  • @MrsGrey have you been laying into the good stuff ;redwine before dry jan? That kind of optimism sounds wrong on this board ;wink ;whistle
  • edited December 2018
    Fabianski
    Antonio - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell(c)
    Obiang - Rice
    Diangana - Snodgrass - Anderson
    Lucas

Is the side. With only 6 subs.
  • Jesus we are well and truly injury hit
This discussion has been closed.