Crystal Palace (H); Saturday 8th December, 15:00

edited December 2018 in Match Threads
This was meant to be a one off. Trust me to kick start an impressive 2 game winning streak.

Palace to win 1 - 0. Neil Shipperley with a worldie.

Comments

• Home loss.
    Deep depression.
    Pelle out.
    Sam back in.
    Normality restored before Christmas.
    Then the lights come down.
  • Hamstew for a hat trick
    ;quaver ;tumbleweed ;juggle bfs
  • So we are likely to rotate back a bit.

Fabianksi; Zabaleta Balbuena Diop Arthur; Noble Rice; Snodgrass Perez Anderson; Hernandez ;hmm
  • be nice to get over the 20 mark point. Would like to see us getting up to the 25 - 30 point mark by the half way stage of end of game 19.
  • edited December 2018
    Hamstew, u lucky 2 get away with it.....I mean " Neil Shipperley " is considered a swear word in my estimations ;ok ;angry
  • Be interesting to see if he goes with Perez and Hernandez up front together or Antonio and Hernandez or Antonio and Perez.

Can't see Carroll coming in, I imagine him and Wilshire will be eased in.
  • Stick with the winning formula; 4-4-2.

Fabianski
    Zabaleta Balbuena Diop Masuaku
    Snodgrass Noble Rice Anderson
    Carroll Hernandez

Adrian Ogbonna Antonio Obiang Wilshere?? Diangana Perez

Palace have played 4-4-2 for the last six games

Hennessey
    Wan-Bissaka Tomkins Sakho VanAnholt
    McArthur Kouyate Milivojevic Meyer
    Townsend Zaha

Referee Anthony Taylor, we've won our last 4 home games while Palace have lost their last 5 away games with him in charge.
  • I'd leave Carroll out and have Diang in
  • I think I saw that Tomkins and Zaha are suspended so good new there if true.
  • No I don't think they are unfortunately
  • They have 4 EPL yellows each.
  • ;ok

Not suspended - if there were, it would show in FF but it has them as available (I have one in each of my teams).
  • Lawro says 2-0 ;nonono
  • Zaha, Tomkins and Milivojevic are all on four yellows, if any of them get booked on Saturday Leicester will benefit.
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/december/06-december/snodgrass-west-ham-fans-are-amazing

“What they want to see, even if you’re not winning games, is that you’re working hard for the badge – I can’t stress that enough.”

Snoddy just gets it.
  • edited December 2018
    What they want to see, even if you’re not winning games, is that you’re working hard for the badge
    ... until you are winning 3-0, and then they just go home because they can't be bovvered to hang about and applaud you off the pitch.

I get that the players have to say nice things about the fans, but let's not pretend that it's the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
  • Mrs G it’s a bit harsh although true. I can also see why some do it though although I usually always stay until the end
    However I went to Wembley in January for our game and stayed until the end and eventually got to Wembley Park station at about 10.45 and back at my sons in Notting hill at about 11.45.
    Last week I went with him to see the inter Milan game and we left on 85 minutes. We were in the first wave at the station and were back at his flat by 10.30. So for the sake of 5 minutes or so we gained an hour and a quarter. Given that I had to drive back home afterwards I thought it justified.
    It also helped that I couldn’t give a monkeys about spurs.
  • Mrs G

I think that happens at quite a few stadiums. I always stay to the end but then I’m able to walk very fast back to the station, passing a lot of people. So, staying to the end doesn’t really affect my journey.

The reason for my post was because Snoddy embodies what we as fans want and has developed a very good relationship with fans. Everytime he went to take a corner, he was applauded. We appreciate that he is one of, if not the most hard working players on the team.
  • It's probably the neutrals getting away early.
  • thorn/adam - I do get that there are many reasons why someone would leave a game early, some (imo) more valid than others. (And at least you've never posted a complaint about how the players didn't come over to applaud the fans at the end! ;doh ) That was just one example of what I was getting at.

How many times have players been booed, even though they have been busting a gut? I could go on, but I think you get what I mean.

I agree that the very least we want to see is players working hard, and I too like Snodgrass; ok
  • alderz said:

So we are likely to rotate back a bit.

Fabianksi; Zabaleta Balbuena Diop Arthur; Noble Rice; Snodgrass Perez Anderson; Hernandez ;hmm

Is there any way we can have a defense that does not include Arthur?
  • Only if we play Oggy at LB or Zab at LB and Antonio at RB.
  • Hamstew said:

No I don't think they are unfortunately

IronHerb said:

They have 4 EPL yellows each.

MrsGrey said:

;ok

Not suspended - if there were, it would show in FF but it has them as available (I have one in each of my teams).

Thanks. Pretty sure I read that on a CPFC forum so good to know they don't know about their own team!
  • interesting comments from Pellegrini sounds very much like Perez and Hernandez are starting up top. But he also mentioned Xandre Silva as another forward player who could be involved alongside Andy Carroll as an option from the bench.

Still looking to the youth which is great to see.
  • Only if we play Oggy at LB or Zab at LB and Antonio at RB.

;weep
  • ;sofa .........oh dear
  • I don't think Carroll will be a starter against Palace, based on this comment:

“So, if [Andy] can work in the normal way, of course he can be an option to start in our XI. .. For the moment, I think he can be a very important substitute. .... near the box, he is dangerous. The other day, in 15 minutes, he had two shots and a header."

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/december/07-december/pellegrini-andy-carroll-can-be-option-start#Qko4IpE3vOczShsQ.99
  • No Xande Silva for the U23s tonight.

Bench tomorrow I reckon ;wahoo
  • jay

What, this Neil Shipperley?

• If you couldn’t see his head I’d have sworn bennys back but a slimmer version lol
This discussion has been closed.