Burnley (H) Saturday 2nd Nov, 15:00

Comments

• Another couple of shout-outs - Antonio’s chest for Hernandez was very intelligent. And the fans were excellent.
  • ;phew well that took a few years off my life .just happy for 3 points .I was yelling to take Anderson off at half time after his booking ,jumped up after we scored our 3rd .and the dog who has a bad leg flew about 10 feet in the air .will keep that hush hush when the wife gets back as she told me to keep him calm ;weep
  • MrsGrey said:

Match of the Day AND Goals on Sunday. ;wahoo

Ah, yes. I forgot those programs existed
  • Missed the game, anyone Got a link to watch the goals?
  • So nice to enjoy a Hammers win & decent performance, makes the weekend that much more enjoyable ;wahoo ;scarf
  • Zaba was class again today!
  • MIAHammer said:

c&b

;ok

Leicester had a nailed on pen (handball that stopped a goal) which would have seen the Cardiff player sent off, but the officials missed it.

Yeah, I saw that at half time as well, another shockingly poor decision.
    As it turns out it was a correct decision as Vardy was offside. Both decisions missed by the officials. So two wrongs do make a right!
    Does anyone else think Mr Probert should have used a bit of compassion, based on the circumstances, when booking Gray for taking his shirt off to reveal a t shirt in honour of their late owner after scoring the wining goal at Cardiff?
  • Diangana the high point of the season for me. Fantastic today.
  • Absolutely and entirely.

Just a touch of common sense and human decency was all that was needed in this situation.

Disagree with removing the shirt being a yellow at all, but given the circumstances, Probert's decision was utterly ridiculous, IMO.
  • Lol. Unsurprisingly, I disagree. They had a pre match ceremony to honour the owner, plus wore special warm up shirts.

Any player any week could have an emotional reason for s message under their shirt - my mum died, my best mate committed suicide etc etc.

You can't have some 'emotional' rule breaches allowed and some not allowed.

So I think the ref did the right thing. Which isn't to say I think that yellow card for removing shirts is a good rule.
  • I agree with Mrs Grey, whereas common sense would have been what everyone would have wanted, as stated above the rule is the rule, no exceptions, I think whoever had scored for Leicester would have taken that yellow knowing the consequence , agree again, its perhaps a rule that few agree with...
  • Just home a good performance overall we should have won comfortably good to see Anderson bounce back , Diangana was good again made a few wrong choices but overall v impressive again. Not sure how Burnley still had all their players on the pitch at the end some shocking tackles ref was poor should of had a penalty the sisscor tackle on Obiang was filth not even a booking . We kept going when Burnley equalised both times nice to see Pellegrini bring on another striker look8ng for the win instead of settl8ng for a point
  • It's a ridiculous rule, but how stupid are footballers (in general, this being an understandable exception) for still doing it when they know they're gonna get a card. If I was a manager I would make it a huge fine for getting a yellow in that fashion; it may lead to a red later in the game for a second yellow, or a suspension later in the season. I just don't get why they are so intent on doing it.
  • Zaba was a rock ,but also spent most of the game surporting Diangana in one way or another .also agree yellow for taking your shirt off is stupid
  • edited November 2018
    Anyway, back to the game in hand - bargains of the season surely are ZabFab or maybe FabZab sounds better. ;biggrin
    Talking to the barman in my local who turned out to be Argentinian and happened to come from the same town as IMO the best player of the 1978 World Cup - Mario Kempes. Told him I was a West Ham supporter and he reeled off our Argentinian contingent past and present, - and I got a free pint ;biggrin.
  • I also feel that the very appropriate show of gratitude and respect before the match was how it should have looked. I don't see how a goal scorer with a message on his shirt adds to that or provides a further outlet to help reconcile how people feel.

Although not intended I think if anything it cheapens it as it's been done a thousand times before and not always with significant messages. I am not sure ANYTHING can be served by being marked with something as superficial as a goal in a sporting match being over celebrated as they mostly are, certainly not the passing of the club owner in particularly tragic circumstances.
  • We need another, Burnley have brought on Wood.

Btw, prophetic or what?
  • Anyway, back to the game in hand - bargains of the season surely are ZabFab or maybe FabZab sounds better. ;biggrin
    Talking to the barman in my local who turned out to be Argentinian and happened to come from the same town as IMO the best player of the 1978 World Cup - Mario Kempes. Told him I was a West Ham supporter and he reeled off our Argentinian contingent past and present, - and I got a free pint ;biggrin.

Great story! Make sure you beetle down there if Zaba ever gets a goal ;biggrin
  • Fair play to Dyche.

Referring to the penalty not given on Diangana:
    It was a clear foul,” said Dyche. “If he had rolled around and flung his arms about, it would have been given. But because he fell normally, it was not. We have to change that.”
  • Just watching Diangana getting taken out for the second goal it’s an appalling tackle
  • PLF

;ok

It looked a straight red to me, especially when you think of what Marky Mark got sent off for.
  • I take back what I said about Anderson last week; he was a different class today.
    If only we could convert more of our chances I could stop being concerned but then it wouldn't be West Ham
  • Fair play to Dyche.

Referring to the penalty not given on Diangana:

It was a clear foul,” said Dyche. “If he had rolled around and flung his arms about, it would have been given. But because he fell normally, it was not. We have to change that.”
    Good to hear, that. Normally a manager will trot out the 'I didn't see it' line so yeah, fair play to Dyche for saying that ;clap
  • Anderson will always frustrate/inspire in equal measure. Some days he’ll look hopeless, others a magician. It’s how those maverick types play. No in between.

He will win us games this season single-handedly.
  • Best thing about Pellegrini is how he’s dealt with some quite young players. Rice seems a better player than last season. I feel Diangana has developed because Pellegrini knows how coach this kind of player.

Is Diop one of the cleanest tacklers in the league? How often does he manage to steal it from the opposition?
  • Diop is a very, very good player.

If as a club we're serious about pushing on, we have to make sure we keep players like him and Rice and build around them.

Pelle seems more than prepared to give the youngsters the opportunity and, more importantly, stick with them if they perform, so the next three years have the potential to be pretty exciting.
  • So, just watched MOTD, no post match comments at all on the penalty shout or the very late tackle on Diangana in the build up to the second goal.
  • At least they said “West Ham were excellent”
  • So, just watched MOTD, no post match comments at all on the penalty shout or the very late tackle assault on Diangana in the build up to the second goal.

Fixed it for you ;ok

Horrible challenge and worthy of a red (particularly if there's any consistency after Noble's challenge last week).

Was he retrospectively booked by the ref?
This discussion has been closed.