Spurs (home) 7:45pm League Cup 31/10/2018 Trick or Treat?

Spurs play City on Monday and Wolves on Saturday so it's anyone's guess who their starting XI will be.

No Marky Mark but Obiang should be back, fingers crossed that Arnie gets over his illness.

Time for a bit of revenge.

Comments

• This could be an U23 game, what with the injuries and close proximity of Spurs game on Monday.
  • I’ll close the other thread.
  • Oh and Home Win ;wahoo
  • My hope is Spurs rest people and we field a full strength side as it is highly unlikely we can regain the ground lost at the beginning of the season to make an impression on the top 5 or 6 in which case the cups should take priority.

Losing a close match with a second string squad knowing our first eleven could likely have made the difference and still having little to play for in the league would be very hard decision to understand.

So come on Pelle, no one will really see much difference between 11th and 9th but give us a cup final and this season will have been a success.

• Ref for game:
    Stuart Atwell ;weep
  • We need a win hoping we get that bit of luck and get some confidence and knock spurs out the season needs a lift and this could be it
  • We will smash them ;nolan
  • Bash them ;deadhorse
  • you lot are so aggressive, ;biggrin
  • Mash them ;wink
  • Boil them ;wink
  • Chip the keeper
  • Adrian
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Rice - Snodgrass
    Diangana - Anderson - Antonio
    Hernandez
  • If we don’t win we should jacket in
  • Would be so like us to make a hash of it
  • Hamstew said:

Chip the keeper

I've an American friend named Chip. His lady says hes a keeper too ;run

P.s sorry for not carrying on the potato preparation variety theme. I feel like I want to say crinkle cut them just because it sounds old and painful ;hmm
  • As long as we don’t fritter away the lead
  • edited October 2018
    Got the day off and got tickets ;biggrin ;biggrin ;biggrin
  • Rice is better than spuds
  • going to try and get on WHUTV if I can find them after the game.
  • You need to practice saying Fam and ya get me blud.

On no sorry. That’s Arsenal fan TV ;biggrin
  • Eriksson, Alli, Winks all came on as late subs. So we might expect them to start on Wednesday.
  • Son, too. Aurier. The rest .... Kids? Dier went off early so maybe he'll start as well.
  • edited October 2018
    Let's assume they rest the players who started yesterday apart from Dier
    Vertongen and Rose are injured

Vorm
    Aurier Wanyama Dier Walker-Peters
    Winks ??????
    Eriksen Alli Son
    Llorente

Luke Amos is an England U18 DM who came on as a late sub on the opening day so he fits into the gap. That's 9 full internationals and a couple of England youngsters.

A bit make-do at the back but that side could easily beat Newcastle, Cardiff, Huddersfield or Fulham.
  • Spurs have psv next tues and away at wolves sat they need a win against psv if they want European football for their new stadium
  • edited October 2018
    i hope I am not going to an U23 game for 25 pound tomorrow ;doh would have rather spent the money at my local club if that ends up being the case.
  • For those not able to go, there is a decent chance of a stream, as a number of foreign channels have picked the game up.
  • i hope I am not going to an U23 game for 25 pound tomorrow ;doh would have rather spent the money at my local club if that ends up being the case.

I can't see it Yeold as this could be our best chance of a final and would make far more sense to rest one or two at Burnley at the weekend. I think a vast majority of fans given the choice would rather target the Spurs match than the Burnley league fixture. We have looked very able against Man Utd and Spurs lately which leads me to think we could be a good cup team this year if allowed to be.

• Who needs a rest? Strong teams for both games please.
This discussion has been closed.