ManUtd (H) - 29 Sept 18 12:30pm ko - Match Thread

Comments

• not often you see West Ham score 11 goals in four days

If you watch the highlights of the Macclesfield game on the iplayer you can see them score dozens in less than thirty minutes.

• What a win was up there
  • Our defence is unrecognisable to the first four matches, I personally think Zabaletta makes a massive difference even though he is the least flashy in what he does, his reading of the game prevents a lot of difficult moments and his attitude is superb.
  • What I like about this situation is that this is very much a new team still developing with a new but proven manager who could be taking us to new heights. On today's performance we could be in for some seriously entertaining games with good results at the end of them.

I watched it live on Norwegian TV and it was great to see Trovor Morley in such great spirits. He is a regular pundit on Norwegian TV. Most pundits on Norwegian TV try to be neutral but Trevor doesn't even bother about neutrality. He loves the club so much he cannot do anything but support them. On TV, after the match, Trevor said that the first goal was not offside and the third goal was never a foul .... and when challenged about his views, Trevor just told them to look at the score and said: "It's 3-1 and that is all the proof I need". He is such a great credit to our club.
  • For the first goal, it might have been ruled off by VAR, but I don't think a lino could we it to give.
  • edited September 2018
    Only manged to see parts of the game but what a result. I didn't feel anywhere near as nervous as I usually am watching West Ham and feel that our defensive unit know their jobs and know each other.

Diop and Balbuena have looked really good lately and Pelle has to take huge credit for sticking with them after their shakey starts. At 21 and 27 we could be looking at our CB partnership for the next five years.

Rice again looked immaculate. Always shows for the ball, uses it intelligently and rarely makes a mistake. He is going to be a huge player for us.

The front three are threatening and we have goals in this team, plus genuine options from the bench.

I'd written us off after the Wolves defeat, but humble pie has never tasted sweeter.
  • Great comment in the Telegraph write up
    With four of United’s players permanently encamped in their own half, it meant that Mark Noble, Pedro Obiang and Felipe Anderson were gifted so much space they needed the USS Enterprise fully to explore it.
  • Another
    Frankly, if what we are told is correct and Old Trafford is currently staging a battle between Mourinho and Pogba, as scraps go right now it more closely resembles two bald men fighting over a comb.
  • 1st goal was offside, 2nd a fluke, but frankly, who cares?

Apparently Jose does ;lol
  • My daughter was Mascot today and therefore I am putting the win firmly at her feet. I will be informing the club that they need to retain her services for the rest of the season, at least.
    Very proud Dad today. She came out with Nobes.
  • Excellent ;clap
  • IMG_20180929_171307
    Even our dinner is a hammers fan
  • Things looking a lot better now and having played 4 of the so called top 6 plus Everton away .7 points looks okay for me ;clap
  • What I'm particularly pleased with is that we aren't just getting results, but look like we have a system that will continue to deliver results (or, at least, put us in a position to get them.)
  • Do you think Maurine's comment on Diop was a slide dig at the manure scouts as he was after a CB and congratulated the west ham scouts on finding him :)
  • edited September 2018
    I can go into a deep analysis of waffle about how we won that game.

All I can say is, my gf graced the LS a month ago. We lost. Since then, a turn around.

I’ll pass on the thanks from you all. ;ok
  • I'm going to say it. Yep I've got to say it. That was Mark Nobles the best game for West Ham that I have seen. There, I've said it.
    As you may know I have not been a great Noble fan but today he did all that could be asked of a player who, though not blessed with great pace or skill, covered the pitch with great intent, got a toe in when required and passed intelligently and well. His pass to Arnie for the third was terrific.
    Pelle must take the credit for telling Nobes not to go looking for that short pass off the back four which more often than not was passed straight back and which put us under greater pressure and was the root cause of my ire. Full marks to Noble for adapting to this change of tactic. He was correctly called MOTM today. Long may it last.

COYI
  • Two things I thought towards the end of the game

1) Is Lukaku actually playing
    2) love Ginge, but we’ve clearly moved on
  • I always thought Noble was Ironherb's favourite player. ;hmm
  • Great game and result and first on the MOTD tonight.
  • I'm pretty sure Wolves and Bournemouth are really glad that they played us in the first 4 games of the season.
  • Mooj

Let us know what's happening with predictor, please.
  • Do you think Zaba was a bit pleased with the first goal? ;biggrin

0482B668-F800-4D4D-8F53-3049C542FD4C
  • Zaba is, was and will always be quality. He might be heading towards hanging up his boots, but he reads the game so well. I hope the academy guys and gals get to spend time with him as his influence could be huge.
  • MOTD making this all about Man U ;doh

Mourinho moaning about the refereeing decisions, but the corner Man U scored from looked very much like it should have been a goal kick.
  • So predictable isn't it.
  • edited September 2018
    The next time we get beat by any of the top 6, I am going to use the excuse that we only lost because we played rubbish. I am fed up to the back teeth with the excuses they come out with when we beat them and that is just the commentators and pundits. ;angry
  • To be fair to me I’ve always been a big fan of zab experience positioning and the reading of the game will always beat pace I’m believing he will be passing that on to fredericks as well as a model professional that I believe he his
  • Hamstew, that is a work of genius, the best ever, ranking up there with the new "Bohemian Rhapsody" advert for Waitrose.
    ;lol
  • And yet more from the OS about yesterdays HOME game
    The Hammers overpowered their illustrious hosts
This discussion has been closed.